Is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) worth the risk?
- 82 percent of respondents consider the ability to be "tracked" an invasion of their privacy. Tracking is easily accomplished through a number of technologies built into most of the popular smartphones. Tracking with an MDM solution can be accomplished using GPS and triangulation, which provides a company with a way to locate where a device is physically located and identify the apps that users install on their smartphones and tablets.
- 76 percent of respondents would not give their employer access to view what applications are installed on their personal device.
- 75 percent of respondents would not allow their employer to install an app on their personal phone which gives the company the ability to locate them during work and non-work hours in exchange for receiving corporate email and gaining access to other corporate resources.
- 82 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about their employers tracking websites they browse on personal devices during non-work time.
- 86 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about the unauthorized deletion of their personal pictures, music, and email profiles.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking their location during non-work time.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking personal apps installed on their devices.
Lighting Controllers – The Hidden Power Behind Automating Machine Vision
By Peter Bhagat, Gardasoft Vision
The ability of industrial vision systems to monitor, regulate, check, analyze, sort and classify with high...
Automated Parcel Delivery Terminals Market Heading Towards US$ 918.0 Mn by 2024 Due to Rising...
Automated Parcel Delivery Terminals Market is driven with flourishing of e-commerce business around the world, Europe led the automated parcel...
Major Development in Internet of Things (IoT) for Machine Health Monitoring Systems
Machine health monitoring is a process of supervising the machinery to identify considerable changes that indicates a fault. The growing importance...
Real World Results When Demand-Driven Production Planning and Scheduling is Synchronized
By Thomas R. Cutler and John Maher
In today’s complex manufacturing environments, the physical processes of manufacturing involve so many moving...
CISCO Live 2016: Disruption, Data Communications to Drive Industrial Success
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Attending Cisco Live 2016, it is clearer than ever that to be successful, industry needs to leverage the...
T&M Associates announces Ivica Cacic as Senior Automation Specialist
Cacic’s skillset will provide clients with solutions to many automation challenges associated with process optimization, system integration and...
Prediktor's Apis software used by Statoil as OPC UA gateway
The overall objective of the delivery is to provide a standardized and unified way of accessing operational data from different assets via...
Supercar Engine Assembly Optimized by Manufacturing Execution System
This document summarizes the manufacturing execution system (MES), or manufacturing operations management (MOM) solution implemented by a leading...
ISA launches SCADA Systems Standards Committee
ISA112 will develop standards and technical reports intended to improve the overall reliability of supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)...
7 Myths of Version Control & Backups in Automated Production
This whitepaper tackles the seven most common myths and misconceptions surrounding version control and data management in the current technological...