Is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) worth the risk?
- 82 percent of respondents consider the ability to be "tracked" an invasion of their privacy. Tracking is easily accomplished through a number of technologies built into most of the popular smartphones. Tracking with an MDM solution can be accomplished using GPS and triangulation, which provides a company with a way to locate where a device is physically located and identify the apps that users install on their smartphones and tablets.
- 76 percent of respondents would not give their employer access to view what applications are installed on their personal device.
- 75 percent of respondents would not allow their employer to install an app on their personal phone which gives the company the ability to locate them during work and non-work hours in exchange for receiving corporate email and gaining access to other corporate resources.
- 82 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about their employers tracking websites they browse on personal devices during non-work time.
- 86 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about the unauthorized deletion of their personal pictures, music, and email profiles.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking their location during non-work time.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking personal apps installed on their devices.
Six Steps to Using the IoT to Deliver Maintenance Efficiency
By Kevin Terwilliger, Dell
This article discusses ways to utilize advanced IoT technology to enable successful predictive maintenance models for...
True Cost of Ownership for Linear Position Sensors- Part 2
By Harold Schaevitz, Alliance Sensors Group
The second article, of a three part series, examines the strengths and weaknesses of industrial...
Assured Automation NV Series Actuator Recognized in Best of the Best 2016 Best Practices Award
NV Series Replaces obsolete belt-driven valve actuators with gear-style design actuator at less than 10% of the cost of OEM’s replacement option
Secure Connectivity – The Next Step in OT Management Security
By Shmulik Aran, NextNine
The third in a series of four articles on OT security management for manufacturing enterprises, this article further...
A Profession in Need of Change: Automation.com's 2016 Salary Survey results
By Rick Zabel, Automation.com
The results of this year’s salary survey are in, and while salaries did increase a little, the increase wasn’t...
CC-Link announces Molex receives network certification for PCI Express interface cards
Molex, Inc. provides two CC-Link certified PCI-Express interface products that are designed to work as a complete solution including full and half...
Protecting Industrial Control Systems: An Integrated Approach
By RKNeal, Inc.
The purpose of this whitepaper is to present a novel cybersecurity framework for deplaying and managing cyberthreat management...
SecurityWeek’s ICS Cyber Security Conference to be held next week in Atlanta, Georgia
The International Society of Automation (ISA) serves as an alliance partner of the event, which takes place 24-27 October at the Georgia Tech Hotel...
Elite Control Systems brings process control to Scotland whiskey distillery
This combination of technology and 24-hour technical support will ensure that the automated control systems that Edrington uses to operate the new...
GE to help Spirit Aerosystems forward to the Industrial Internet
Looking to increase production of critical aviation industry products, Spirit AeroSystems will implement Efficiency Analyzer on Predix, GE’s...