Is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) worth the risk?
- 82 percent of respondents consider the ability to be "tracked" an invasion of their privacy. Tracking is easily accomplished through a number of technologies built into most of the popular smartphones. Tracking with an MDM solution can be accomplished using GPS and triangulation, which provides a company with a way to locate where a device is physically located and identify the apps that users install on their smartphones and tablets.
- 76 percent of respondents would not give their employer access to view what applications are installed on their personal device.
- 75 percent of respondents would not allow their employer to install an app on their personal phone which gives the company the ability to locate them during work and non-work hours in exchange for receiving corporate email and gaining access to other corporate resources.
- 82 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about their employers tracking websites they browse on personal devices during non-work time.
- 86 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about the unauthorized deletion of their personal pictures, music, and email profiles.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking their location during non-work time.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking personal apps installed on their devices.
Bill's Deep Dive: The Harting IIC MICA
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
In this week's Deep Dive, Bill explores the HARTING MICA, an open and modular computing platform, which was...
OT Security Management and its Importance in the Manufacturing Industry
By Eli Mahal, NextNine
Monitoring equipment and taking informed decisions is easier through IIoT and the remediation of technical problems and...
Automated Guided Vehicle - Moving Industries Towards Automation Industrial Revolution 4.0
Automated guided vehicle are self operated, driverless computer controlled vehicle fitted with guidance and collision avoidance system that can...
Test Automation Market Opportunities Analyzed in New Research Report
MRRSE presents this most up-to-date research on "Test Automation Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 -...
Water Automation and Instrumentation – Advance Smart Water Management System Saving Water for...
The water automation and instrumentation market is segmented based on process stages, equipment, technology, end-use industry and geographic...
Manufacturing Execution System Enables Aerospace Manufacturer to Produce Safety Critical Electronics
By Anthony Borges, PINPoint Information Systems
This document summarizes the manufacturing execution system (MES), or manufacturing operations...
Brenntag turns to Implico's OpenTAS to run mineral oil terminal
Since June 2016, Brenntag GmbH has been using the OpenTAS Terminal Management System to load its heating oil and diesel products at its terminal in...
Bruce Rodewald joins EPLAN Americas as President and CEO
Rodewald brings to EPLAN over 24 years in industrial business development and corporate sales leadership. He succeeds the retiring Raymond Gaynor,...
HIMA announces investment in IFS' ERP solution
IFS Applications 9 will be used at HIMA as a central ERP system to unify the enterprise’s complex global business processes. The order placed...
Westermo's SCADA control system connects railway stations in Croatia
The project involved implementing a SCADA remote control system to connect railway stations, sectioning facilities and substations on the...