Is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) worth the risk?
- 82 percent of respondents consider the ability to be "tracked" an invasion of their privacy. Tracking is easily accomplished through a number of technologies built into most of the popular smartphones. Tracking with an MDM solution can be accomplished using GPS and triangulation, which provides a company with a way to locate where a device is physically located and identify the apps that users install on their smartphones and tablets.
- 76 percent of respondents would not give their employer access to view what applications are installed on their personal device.
- 75 percent of respondents would not allow their employer to install an app on their personal phone which gives the company the ability to locate them during work and non-work hours in exchange for receiving corporate email and gaining access to other corporate resources.
- 82 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about their employers tracking websites they browse on personal devices during non-work time.
- 86 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about the unauthorized deletion of their personal pictures, music, and email profiles.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking their location during non-work time.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking personal apps installed on their devices.
Open Process Automation Movement Taking Form at ExxonMobil's 2nd Industry Day
By Bill Lydon, Automation.com
The event, a follow-on to the successful 1st End User Industry Day event in June, provided the opportunity for more...
Service Robotics Will Soon Replace Humans ,TALON and METAL-STORM Are Setting An Example
Service robotics market is driven by increase in investment in research and development and rapid industrialization, Underdeveloped mobile...
South Carolina Becoming Home for Automation, Innovation, and Vision Guided Vehicles
By Jim Rock, Seegrid
South Carolina is one of leading locations for vision guided vehicles (VGV), driven in part to the increasing North American...
Disruptive Development of Internet of Things Set to Transform Embedded System Market
The applications of embedded systems have increased drastically over the past years, especially in the automotive industry. Multi-core technologies...
2U Rack Console Features Triple LCD Displays With 5760 x 1080 Full HD Maximum Resolution
Protected in a rugged aluminum housing with key lock mechanism, three connectors for each panel combined with display port, HDMI, or DVI video...
Zenith announces James O'Brien to lead MES business
In his role as MES business unit lead, James will use his background in software development, consultancy and technology implementation to continue...
Bedrock provides SCADA RTU platform for Clarksville Light and Water
The project is part of Clarksville, Arkansas' plan to save up to $2M over the next five years through improved control, monitoring, and security of...
Maximizing Fastening Tool Effectiveness with Manufacturing Execution Systems
Fastening tool processes are a prime target application for manufacturers to improve their existing manufacturing operations...
Trihedral announces opening of VTScada office in Houston
This is the latest move in Trihedral’s strategy that recently included a new office in Calgary, Alberta, and the addition of Alan Hudson as the...
Rockwell Automation announces acquisition of Automation Control Products
ACP’s two core products, ThinManager and Relevance, provide manufacturing and industrial leaders with visual display and software solutions to...