Is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) worth the risk?
- 82 percent of respondents consider the ability to be "tracked" an invasion of their privacy. Tracking is easily accomplished through a number of technologies built into most of the popular smartphones. Tracking with an MDM solution can be accomplished using GPS and triangulation, which provides a company with a way to locate where a device is physically located and identify the apps that users install on their smartphones and tablets.
- 76 percent of respondents would not give their employer access to view what applications are installed on their personal device.
- 75 percent of respondents would not allow their employer to install an app on their personal phone which gives the company the ability to locate them during work and non-work hours in exchange for receiving corporate email and gaining access to other corporate resources.
- 82 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about their employers tracking websites they browse on personal devices during non-work time.
- 86 percent are “concerned” to “extremely concerned” about the unauthorized deletion of their personal pictures, music, and email profiles.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking their location during non-work time.
- Only 15 percent are not at all concerned about employers tracking personal apps installed on their devices.
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...
The Death of Windows CE Gives Rise to IoT Real-Time
Although there has been no direct comment regarding the future of Windows Compact (CE), it’s clear that CE is giving way to Windows 10 IoT Core....
Why You Need to Adopt PLC Software
Whether for industrial or business purposes, a system that integrates all systems and accessories is the best. But with many software versions...
Benefits of Using Motion Control Software
Traditional motion control requires extensive hardware and software installations. This can be an expensive undertaking to acquire all the required...
Why Soft Motion Is the Best Motion Controller on the Market
Management and motion control is a task requiring specialized equipment and software. An undertaking that required massive investment has now been...
CMR announces opening of Thailand automation engineering operation
The Bangkok-based operation will provide a range of engineering services, including switchboard supply and fabrication, to the country’s sugar...
Huffman Engineering announces opening of Denver office
The expansion allows Huffman Engineering to accommodate a growing client base in the western part of Nebraska, as well as Colorado and Wyoming.
Tacoma Public Utilities chooses OSI to supply Energy Management System
A publicly owned utility, Tacoma Power provides electricity to Tacoma, Washington and the surrounding areas, serving more than 160,000 customers....
Werum announces service partnership with EIS
Since January 1, 2017, EIS is thus a "PAS-X Endorsed Service Partner" and will support Werum customers in Europe and in the USA in the...
OPC Training Course supports industrial convergence of SCADA systems to IIoT
Business Industrial Network, a leading provider of industrial training, announced the release of the new OPC Training for SCADA & DCS Certificate...