ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
'Digital Factory' dreams spurring exhibitors at Industrial Automation North America 2016
Industrial Automation North America 2016 , from 12-17 September in Chicago, will focus on companies' need for smart, transportable data and...
CeMAT sets the stage for intelligent networking
CeMAT 2016 gets underway on 31 May with a diverse showcase of intralogistics products and solutions featuring some 1,000 exhibitors from 44 nations.
Engineering the IIoT for Industrial Automation and Equipment - Free Webinar
Attend this webinar, from Automation.com and ANSYS, to learn about the five industry challenges that will maximize your chances of success in the...
ABB Robotics to hold 2016 Customer Day exhibition June 8 in Atlanta
The event is targeted to benefit both those considering an initial foray into robotic automation, as well as those looking to upgrade or expand...
ISA releases advance program for its 16th ISA LDAR-Fugitive Emissions Symposium
ISA’s LDAR Symposium is the longest-running technical conference in America devoted solely to LDAR and air compliance professionals and their...
ISA’s 16th Fugitive Emissions-LDAR Symposium draws more than 120 air quality professionals
More than 120 plant, refinery, air quality and emissions professionals attended ISA’s 16th annual Fugitive Emissions-LDAR Symposium 16-20 May...
Pinto's Points: How to Win in the Automation Business - $20.00
By Jim Pinto
An updated and enhanced collection of ISA’s “Pinto’s Points” columns, the book covers management topics, globalization,...
Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets: What Automation Professionals, Manufacturers,...
By: Wendy Buskop, JD
This book’s non-legal style provides easy-to-read guidelines for automation professionals, manufacturers, and business...
Monitoring and Measuring I&C Performance in Nuclear Power Plants - $130.00
By: H. M. Hashemian
The previously published papers collected in this volume discuss a broad range of topics on the steady-state and dynamic...
Measurement Uncertainty, Fourth Edition - $70.00
Literally an entire course between two covers, Measurement Uncertainty: Methods and Applications, Fourth Edition, presents engineering students...