ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Integrated Industries Conference at IMTS to address IIoT/Industry 4.0
The one-day conference will feature 19 sessions spanning three dedicated topic tracks: Motion, Drive & Automation, Industry 4.0 / Internet of...
InnoTrans 2016: COTS safety systems - the standard for economical SIL 4 safety
HIMA is presenting COTS saftey systems at the InnoTrans 2016
HIMA at the MOGSEC 2016
HIMA will be attenting the MOGSEC 2016
Meet Tibbo at the Manufacturing Surabaya 2016
Tibbo is flying to sunny Indonesia to showcase its core products at the Manufacturing Surabaya 2016.
Energy efficiency is the focus of Fluid Power Track at IMTS 2016
Senior level discussions about the latest innovations in hydraulics and pneumatics equipment utilized to lower manufacturers’ energy consumption...
ISA salutes 2016 Fellows and Celebrating Excellence Award honorees
Elevation to the distinguished grade of ISA Fellow is granted to Senior Members in recognition of their exceptional engineering scientific...
ISA’s 59th Power Industry Division and EPRI Symposium draws more than 150 power generation...
Attendees met face to face with the leading authorities and thought leaders at the pulse of change in the energy industry and gained the critical...
ISA and Beamex to co-host webinar on differential pressure flowmeter calibration
The webinar, which will be held from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time, will feature three automation experts: David Spitzer, PE, founder...
Early bird registration deadline for ISA’s 2016 Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls...
The best and brightest minds will explore the critical issues and challenges in automation facing the water/wastewater industry at the event, which...
Wireless Control Foundation: Continuous and Discrete Control for the Process Industry - $125.00
This book discusses the wireless communication concepts and terminology needed to apply wireless control in the process industry, such as how...