ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Registration opens for ISA Food & Pharmaceutical Symposium
ISA opened attendee and exhibitor registration for its 2015 Food & Pharmaceutical Division (FPID) Symposium, which will be held 9-11 February 2015...
MB Connect Line is expanding its remote maintenance kit
At this year's SPS IPC Drives MB Connect Line presents exciting innovations around the remote maintenance and industrial communication via...
Digital Factory showcases networked manufacturing at HANNOVER MESSE
Exhibitors at the Digital Factory trade fair at HANNOVER MESSE 2015 will demonstrate what industry needs for this next evolutionary phase.
Oil & Gas events in 2014 and 2015
These events cover a range of topics including Production, Drilling, Completions, Water Management, Facilities Engineering, Oil Sands, Crude By...
Deutsche Messe Shanghai industrial show report
The show attracted 73,000 visitors to see 1,900 exhibitors.
ISA and Beamex to co-host calibration webinar
The free web seminar on 13 November 2014 will discuss the common pitfalls related to calibration system implementation and how to overcome them.
ISA announces Android version of InTech Plus mobile app
The release significantly broadens automation and control professionals’ access to a diverse range of technical and educational content and...
ISA Process Control & Safety Symposium report
More than 200 process measurement and control professionals in chemical and energy processing and other process industry sectors attended the...
ISA acquires Automation.com
ISA will own Automation.com, including its website, intellectual property and all associated products, trademarks and copyrights. ISA will...
HIKOB Joins ISA100 Wireless Compliance Institute
HIKOB is a provider of wireless autonomous multipoint data acquisition systems.