ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Schneider Electric recognizes 50th anniversary of SimSci process simulation solution
SimSci process simulation solutions serve 23 of the world’s top 25 petroleum companies; 48 of the top 50 chemical companies; and all of the top...
Okuma to highlight automated machining advancements at NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable
The NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable at Modern Industries in Phoenix, Arizona will discuss the various types of automation devices that make...
Red Lion earns 'Leadership in Automation' award
Red Lion earned the award for the sixth consecutive year, in part due to its HMI hardware and wireless networking components
MESA to co-locate 2017 conference with IndustryWeek Manufacturing Conference and Expo
Both events will be held at the Huntington Convention Center in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, May 8 - 10, 2017.
HARTING CEO to discuss manufacturing and IoT on Fox Business show 'Worldwide Business'
Tune in to see HARTING on Fox Business Network on January 15, 2017 at 5:30pm ET and Bloomberg International on January 22, 2017 at 7:30am GMT,...
ISA announces Call for Abstracts for 2017 Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium
Abstracts should include a 250-word proposal outlining the topic to be presented. Prospective authors have the choice of presenting a 30-minute...
ISA welcomes Steven W. Pflantz as its 2017 President
In this position, Pflantz will work with Society leaders and staff to increase awareness of the value and relevance of the ISA brand and build on...
ISA announces 2017 Call for Papers for ISA Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Symposium
The symposium will focus on how automation is used to address the impact of increased regulation, manufacturing costs, and security threats related...
ISA's 2016 Process Control Symposium draws over 300 attendees
Attending engineers, technicians and plant managers gained the latest insights, news and trends in process measurement and control across key...
ISA publishes third edition of Industrial Ethernet: How to Plan, Install, and Maintain TCP/IP...
The book serves as an excellent reference tool on networking in industrial environments. Best-practice recommendations for installation,...