ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
The Energy show at HANNOVER MESSE
Energy is the leading international trade fair for integrated energy systems and mobility.
Tibbo will participate in IDC Internet of Things 2016 Conference
On February 18, 2016 Tibbo will participate in IDC Internet of Things 2016 Conference in Moscow. This IoT event will discuss local, regional and...
Manufacturers call for support to help alleviate lack of skilled labour
Skills shortages within the UK manufacturing and engineering sector have increased over the past three years. Some believe that a more committed...
Tibbo will participate in IoT TechExpo Europe 2016
Tibbo will participate in IoT TechExpo Europe 2016. This event will bring together key industries from across Europe for two days of top...
Tibbo at The Knowledge Olympic Games SENAI-SC 15
AggreGate was introduced at the biggest Professional Education knowledge competition in America, The Knowledge Olympic Games SENAI-SC 15.
ISA recognizes Black History Month
ISA applauds the contributions of African-American automation professionals and engineers
Petronas receives ISA100 Wireless Compliance Institute Award
The award is for a research project that quantified the performance of an ISA100 Wireless based safety system at an offshore operational site.
The Society of Women Engineers to conduct congressional outreach event on STEM, 2-3 March 2016 in...
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a not-for-profit educational and service organization that empowers women to succeed in the field of...
ISA publishes third edition of CSE examination study guide
The third edition features more comprehensive coverage of pertinent subject matter and new calculations, sample problems and tables for improved...
ISA announces Beamex continues as Premier Strategic Partner for Calibration
This announcement signifies that Beamex will continue to work with ISA to co-develop informational and educational resources, such as custom...