ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
ISA releases advance program for its 16th ISA LDAR-Fugitive Emissions Symposium
ISA’s LDAR Symposium is the longest-running technical conference in America devoted solely to LDAR and air compliance professionals and their...
FIRST Championship provides a showcase for STEM-gifted young people
The April 27-30 championship—which celebrates excellence in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), innovative thinking and...
ISA and Beamex to Conduct Conference on Strategic Automation Leadership
The 12 October conference will showcase the latest insights, trends and best practices for process plant operators seeking to improve calibration...
ISA Releases Technical Program for 59th POWID Symposium
The Power Industry Division (POWID) and EPRI Symposium will take place 27-30 June 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
Global Business & Markets 2016
Hannover Messe 2016 is staging Europe’s leading platform for foreign trade: Global Business & Markets in Hall 3.
Electrical Instruments in Hazardous Locations, Fourth Edition - $85.00
By: Ernest Magison
An encyclopedia of electrical safety, this classic book features expanded treatment of theory and principles to provide a...
Domain Ontologies for Reasoning Machines in Factory Automation - $55.00
This handy reference presents a methodology for building domain ontologies, introduces tools for editing them, and discusses logic reasoners, which...
Dispersing Heat Through Conviction: The Funnier Side of Process Control - $15.00
By: Gregory K. McMillan
An insider’s collection of original satires and jokes from the men and women behind the tanks and valves and digital...
Control Valve Primer: A User's Guide, Fourth Edition - $87.00
By Hans D. Baumann
The easy-to-read text provides shortcuts through complex sizing and noise calculation formulas including for liquids and...
Control Systems Engineering Study Guide, Fifth Edition - $47.00
The manual provides candidates, for the professional engineer license, with information about the scope and design of the CSPE exam, sample...