ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Microscan announces free machine vision training course
The course will be held in Microscan’s Northeast Technology Center in Nashua, New Hampshire, from December 6-8, 2016 at 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM daily....
Teledyne DALSA to preview Xtium-CXP PX8 frame grabber at ITE Japan 2016
The show takes place December 7-9 at the Pacifico Yokohama in Yokohama, Japan. Teledyne DALSA is present in stand D-01.
Teledyne DALSA to showcase Xineos family of CMOS X-Ray detectors at RSNA 2016
The Xineos family of CMOS X-Ray detectors serves as a tool for minimally invasive image-guided diagnosis and treatment of diseases, and for routine...
HANNOVER MESSE announces Industrial Supply parallel show
The upcoming HANNOVER MESSE will feature seven parallel shows: Industrial Automation, MDA – Motion, Drive & Automation, Digital Factory, Energy,...
ADLINK to highlight MICA's IIoT capabilities at CNV event
ADLINK will be highlighting its Modular Industrial Cloud Architecture, providing demonstrations for edge and NFV computing based on the modular...
ISA's 2016 Process Control Symposium draws over 300 attendees
Attending engineers, technicians and plant managers gained the latest insights, news and trends in process measurement and control across key...
ISA publishes third edition of Industrial Ethernet: How to Plan, Install, and Maintain TCP/IP...
The book serves as an excellent reference tool on networking in industrial environments. Best-practice recommendations for installation,...
ISA awards aeSolutions' CEO Kathy Shell with Excellence in Leadership Award
ISA's Excellence in Leadership Award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions to the industry and/or profession to advance...
ISA opens Saudi Arabian training center at Jubail Industrial College
The Jubail-ISA Training Center brings ISA’s globally recognized automation and control instruction—as well as its certification review and...
ISA announces 2016 author award winners
Winners are recognized for their editorial contributions to a wide range of ISA publications, including ISA books; InTech, ISA’s bi-monthly...