ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Tibbo Systems has become an official member of StarNet Alliance
July 28, 2015 – Taipei, Taiwan – Tibbo, a leading manufacturer of IoT devices and intelligent device management software, has partnered with...
Inside Automation - Theory Meets Reality
By Bill Lydon, Editor
MAVERICK Technologies, in cooperation with ISA, recently hosted an event called "Inside Automation - Theory Meets Reality"...
ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium
The 10th Annual ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls (WWAC) Symposium, will be held 4-6 August 2015 in Orlando, Florida.
MESA to Provide Education Track at ISA Process Control Symposium
MESA and ISA will provide "Manufacturing Meets IT" education track at ISA's annual Process Control and Safety Symposium scheduled for Houston,...
Progea is a Silver Sponsor for the 2015 CSIA Executive Conference
If you are attending the conference this year, please make sure to stop by the Progea booth during the Partner Industry Expo on April 30th to...
ISA Security Compliance Institute updates cybersecurity certifications
New version of EDSA and SSA certification requirements to become effective 1 February 2016.
2015 ISA WWAC Symposium report
The 2015 ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls (WWAC) Symposium drew 187 attendees, 35 expert speakers and 35 exhibitors to Orlando, Florida.
ISA accepting applications for 2016 educational scholarships
More than $65,000 in scholarships funds are expected to be distributed in 2016. Application deadline is 15 February 2016.
ISA publishes book on Fire and Gas Systems
The Performance-based Fire and Gas Systems Engineering Handbook is a guide to designing and implementing performance-based Fire and Gas Systems...
2015 ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls (WWAC) Symposium
The symposium will be taking place 4–6 August 2015 at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort in Orlando, Florida.