ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Registration opens for ISA’s 60th Analysis Division Symposium
The 2015 Analysis Division Symposium will explore the latest advances in analytical processes, techniques, and applications 26-30 April 2015 in...
MDA at HANNOVER MESSE covers condition monitoring systems
The MDA (Motion, Drive & Automation) trade fair will be part of HANNOVER MESSE.
Hannover Fair showcases Industry 4.0 security solutions
Visitors to the Fraunhofer IOSB stand at this year’s Research & Technology show will have the opportunity to learn about a cutting edge Industry...
ISA promotes Girl Day, 26 February 2015
Girl Day is an annual celebration of girls’ interests and aptitude in STEM education and potential in STEM-related career fields.
SICK Enables Industry 4.0
Sensor Specialist to Exhibit Again at Hannover Industry Fair
Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Division (FPID) Symposium report
Nearly 130 professionals within the automation and control field and the pharmaceuticals and food industries gathered in Philadelphia.
NCEES starts Emerging Engineers and Surveyors Group
The group will connect young engineers and surveyors with NCEES decision makers to provide feedback and discuss topics concerning the licensure...
Four ISA partners renew their agreements with ISA for 2015
Beamex, FDT Group, Eaton and Ultra Electronics renewed their partnership contracts with the Society.
Peggie W. Koon assumes role of 2015 Automation Federation Chair
During 2014, Dr. Koon served as President of the International Society of Automation (ISA), which is the founding entity of the Automation Federation.
Automation Federation to exhibit at Workforce Development Institute conference
The conference is 28-31 January 2015 at the Marriott Newport Beach Hotel and Spa in Newport Beach, California