ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Tibbo's Participation in IoT Conference
Tibbo took part in the Internet of Things Conference arranged on October 29 in the Courtyard Marriott Moscow City Center Hotel. It has become a...
HIMA Benelux showcases solutions during Fluor Construction Week
On September, HIMA Benelux presented to Fluor in the Netherlands the benefits of HIMax systems and HIMA solutions for turbomachinery control and...
2015 Chem Show celebrates 100 Years in NYC, November 17-19, 2015
The 2015 Chem Show’s exhibits will echo the importance of everything from electronics and wastewater management to the latest practices in...
ISA releases program for 2015 Process Control & Safety Symposium
Leveraging the global expertise of seven ISA technical divisions, the symposium is expected to draw more than 200 registrants 9-12 November 2015 in...
WIN INDIA continues push to “Make in India”
“Integrated Industry” is India’s model for smart manufacturing.
Bob Lindeman elected board member for the American Association of Engineering Societies
Lindeman will be serving a 3 year term that will allow him to further correlate ISA strategies with the broader engineering community.
ISA’s 2015 Process Control and Safety Symposium report
The 2015 ISA Process Control and Safety Symposium, held last week in Houston, Texas, drew more than 400 attendees.
ISA and Beamex to co-host web seminar on advanced temperature calibration
ISA and Beamex will co-host a free webinar 3 December 2015 on advanced temperature calibration topics.
ISA and Automation Federation designate November 2015 Automation Appreciation Month
Throughout November, ISA is offering its members special benefits, promotions and discounts on multi-day classroom or online, instructor-assisted...
ISA approves Hitachi Raven ES Test tool
The ISA Security Compliance Institute authorized the Raven test tool for use by certification bodies in the ISASecure industrial automation and...