ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
Abstract submission deadline for ISA WWAC Symposium extended
The deadline for submitting abstracts for the 2014 ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls (WWAC) Symposium has been extended to 31 January...
India's Prime Minister Modi to Open HANNOVER MESSE 2015
India’s role as the Partner Country at HANNOVER MESSE underscores the new Indian Prime Minister’s ambitious economic course.
ISA Leak Detection and Repair Symposium issues Call for Presenters
The symposium, dedicated to the in-depth exploration of all critical issues in air compliance and leak detection and repair, will be held 19-21 May...
Registration opens for ISA Food & Pharmaceutical Symposium
ISA opened attendee and exhibitor registration for its 2015 Food & Pharmaceutical Division (FPID) Symposium, which will be held 9-11 February 2015...
MB Connect Line is expanding its remote maintenance kit
At this year's SPS IPC Drives MB Connect Line presents exciting innovations around the remote maintenance and industrial communication via...
Azbil Process Controller Receives ISASecure EDSA certification
The Control Systems Security Corporation Chartered Lab (CSSC-CL) certified a process controller from Azbil—the Harmonas-DEO DOPC IV—to the...
Congress passes bill to confront rising risks of cyberattack
The bill is designed to strengthen and protect the nation’s economic and national security through public-private partnerships to improve...
Industrial cybersecurity expert warns of cyberattacks
Inadequate training and a culture of complacency among many owners and operators of critical infrastructure are significantly raising the risks of...
ISA announces recipients of 2014 author awards
Winners are recognized for their editorial contributions to a wide range of ISA publications, including ISA books, InTech, and ISA Transactions.
ISA and Beamex to co-host calibration webinar
The free web seminar on 13 November 2014 will discuss the common pitfalls related to calibration system implementation and how to overcome them.