ISA Marketing and Sales Summit
July 18, 2013 - The International Society of Automation (ISA) today formally announces the advance program and keynote presenter for the 8th ISA Marketing and Sales Summit, to be held 11-13 September 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
The conference program, “Innovation In Automation: Navigating the Maze of Customer Connections,” centers on proven, practical strategies and techniques that marketing and sales professionals serving the automation community can harness to connect directly with qualified prospects, strengthen customer relationships, and achieve their professional goals.
A content-rich agenda features a highly informative range of expert-led sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and dynamic presentations. Attendees will:
- Discover how to leverage social networks to their advantage
- Learn to influence prospects’ and customers’ perceptions of cost, value, and benefits in complex sales
- Recognize the most effective marketing tools and processes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Master how to generate reliable ROI data
- Participate in a variety of expert-led workshops, panel discussions, and tutorials
- Come away with solutions and ideas they can immediately put to work
Key topic areas include:
- best practices in social media
- guerilla marketing
- brand marketing
- market-driven product development
- winning complex accounts
- business development
- advertising in the digital age
The keynote presentation at the event, “Privacy and Power in the Automation Industry,” will be delivered by Glen Bounds, a global modernization consultant at Invensys, on Thursday, 12 September from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The presentation will explore growing security and privacy concerns in the Internet age, particularly given the wide assortment of technologies, platforms and systems accessing, storing and interpreting critical data. Bounds draws upon his many years of experience in the power and energy industry to examine the implications on product design and development, and customer interaction.
Other highlights of the event, sponsored by the ISA Management Division, include:
- An evening plenary on Wednesday, 11 September titled, “Social Media Marketing during a Crisis: Boston Marathon Bombing Revisited.” The plenary will be moderated by Jim Cahill, who directs social media at Emerson Process Management.
- "A Fireside Chat with Dick Morley," the keynote lunch presentation on Friday, 13 September. Morley is a leading visionary in advanced technology development as well as an inventor, entrepreneur, author, consultant and engineer.
- A pre-conference workshop and marketing communications class, on Wednesday, 11 September, led by Walt Boyes—an automation legend with more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, and product development. The workshop will provide valuable insights that will help marketing and sales professionals negotiate their way through today’s fast-changing automation environment, and meet their career goals.
The summit will take place at the W New Orleans hotel, one of the city’s most stylish and luxurious hotels. Located just steps from the famous French Quarter, but in a quiet location for peaceful nights’ rest, the W New Orleans is close to many fine restaurants, shopping, Harrah’s Casino, the Warehouse District and other exciting destinations.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation.
MORE EVENT NEWS
HIMA Asia Pacific wins major safety award
HIMA Asia Pacific wurde vom Branchenmagazin Control Engineering Asia als Best Process Safety System Provider 2016 ausgezeichnet. Friedhelm Best und...
HIMA Middle East at 12th SABIC Technical Conference (STC-12)
HIMA and system partner AC Arabia will present industry-leading safety solutions at the largest technical exhibition in Saudi Arabia. STC-12 takes...
ABB to bring industrial robot demos to IMTS
ABB will feature more than a dozen robotic demos at the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS), September 12-17 at McCormick Place...
FieldComm Group's End User Seminar focuses on integration and the IIoT
Technology presentations on FOUNDATION Fieldbus, FDI, HART and WirelessHART will focus on recent enhancements and their role in the digital...
International exhibitors flocking to demonstrate at IMTS 2016
Approximately 70 percent of the companies exhibiting at the five co-located industrial trade shows are headquartered outside of the United States....
ISA announces Industrial Control Training event in Northwest Pennsylvania
Two industry organizations—the Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) and Process and Data Automation (PDA)—will co-sponsor an ISA...
Riken Keiki SDWL1RI wireless gas detector gains ISA100 Wireless certification
The SDWL1 is a wireless flammable gas detector built to extend the benefits of wireless detection into safety applications. The SDWL1’s...
ISA announces Beamex donation to Process Measurement and Control Division scholarship fund
Beamex has donated $4,155.00 to ISA’s Process Measurement & Control Division (PMCD) educational scholarship fund. The donations will fund...
2016 ISA Process Control & Safety Symposium and Exhibition features three acclaimed speakers
Attending engineers, technicians and plant managers will be able to gain the latest insights, news and trends in process measurement and control,...
ISA is accepting applications for 2017 educational scholarships
ISA educational scholarships—which fund tuition, related expenses and research initiatives—are distributed annually to undergraduate students...