INDUSTRY The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
DCS Market growing in India
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
December 21, 2012: India’s domestic demand driven market propels rapid industrialization and economic growth. Growth is further regulated by monetary and fiscal policies. While the economy of India has slowed down due to weakening external demand, the robust domestic demand continues to remain strong. Due to its domestic-demand-driven economy, India has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Considering the promising growth prospects in India, ARC forecasts the robust growth of the Distributed Control Systems (DCS) market.
While the expanding electric power industry provides the best growth opportunity for DCS suppliers in India, the growth in metals & mining, refining, oil & gas, petrochemical, and chemicals industries is also alluring suppliers. These industries are growing and numerous companies are planning to expand their existing capacities through greenfield and brownfield projects. Modernizations of production facilities along with process automation system revamps are also creating excellent opportunities for DCS suppliers in India. However, suppliers face challenges in India due to the high price-sensitivity of the market.
The DCS Market Will Continue to Grow in India
According to ARC Advisory Group’s research, the total distributed control systems market in India will exceed $800 million in 2016. ARC’s latest study, “Distributed Control Systems for India Market Research Study” provides an in-depth analysis of the DCS business in India. In addition to market analysis and forecasts, the study also covers the current market nuances, strategic issues, and the future outlook. The report also highlights the factors that influence the DCS market in India and its dynamics.
In 2010, ARC saw DCS revenue in India increase over 25 percent from 2009. The first half of 2011 showed signs of robustness returning to the economy. However, by midyear, markets reflected lack of confidence and indicators showed the overall economy remaining sluggish. The strong order books in 2010 and the first half of 2011 generated a good DCS revenue year in 2011, with revenue increasing in double digits over 2010.
According to G. Ganapathiraman, Country Manager, ARC Advisory Group, India and co-author of this study, “India’s economy continues to grow despite external headwinds. The growth of industries, such as electric power, chemicals, and oil & gas are leading reasons for growth in the DCS business in India.”
About ARC: Founded in 1986, ARC Advisory Group is the leading research and advisory firm for industry. Our coverage of technology from business systems to product and asset lifecycle management, supply chain management, operations management, and automation systems makes us the go-to firm for business and IT executives around the world. For the complex business issues facing organizations today, our analysts have the industry knowledge and first-hand experience to help our clients find the best answers.
- Rockwell Automation to optimize US Army
- U.S. Cutting Tool Consumption up 13.1% in October
- ABB earns UL listing for EV fast chargers
- PAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Fossil Fuels Lose Steam in Power Generator Markets
- ISA to develop Mission-Critical Professional certification program
- Leading Nuclear Plants Into the Digital Age
- Installing high pressure pump systems made easier by design
- Carlo Gavazzi releases App
- Yokogawa to control Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plant in Saudi Arabia
- American Midstream installs FLOWCAL software
- Siemens Introduces Managed Security Service
- ASM publishes 2nd Edition of HMI Design Guidelines
- Fieldbus Foundation updates Foundation Fieldbus Technical Specifications
- Metso to control Electric Power Plants in Buryatia
- Northeast Coating Technologies uses datalogger to monitor Surface Treatment
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding