INDUSTRY The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
SCADA Market for W&W growing in India
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
April 3, 2013 - India’s supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) market reflects the impact of new technology on SCADA components and cost- effective communications for both data and knowledge transfer. According to a new ARC Advisory Group report, “SCADA Systems for the Water and Wastewater Industry in India Market Research Study,” India’s SCADA systems market is spurred by the need to improve the sustainability of water utility infrastructure. The market for water & wastewater industries is expected to see significant growth over the next five years.
The latest SCADA systems encompass a new generation of technology components. According to G. Ganapathiraman, Country Manager ARC India and co-author of this study, “End users are utilizing SCADA technology for a range of operational improvement applications and linking these to business processes for a variety of purposes, both internal and external to the enterprise.”
ARC has analyzed the SCADA market by project size and component type, including hardware, software, and services. The underlying technology that facilitates traditional SCADA functionality has changed dramatically. For water utilities, emerging technology is enabling SCADA to be tightly integrated to the domain of business processes, creating an improved value proposition for its usage. SCADA systems bring improved performance to geographically dispersed assets and provide a framework for real-time performance management on a regional, or even global, basis.
Developing countries such as India need to provide the infrastructure to support its economic growth plans. This includes providing water to places that currently have scarce supply. State governments can monitor and regulate water supply to ensure equitable distribution and guard against water pollution. India is expected to invest billions of dollars over the next several years to ensure that the country’s water infrastructure can meet the needs of growing industrial activity, and provide modern sanitation and clean drinking water to both urban and rural populations.
About ARC Advisory Group:
ARC Advisory Group is the leading market research and advisory firm for industry and infrastructure. Business and IT executives around the world depend on ARC for coverage of technology from automation and business systems to product and asset lifecycle management, supply chain management, logistics, operations management, controls and control elements. ARC is the “go-to” market research and technology analysis firm for their companies. ARC analysts have the industry knowledge and first-hand experience to help clients find the best answers.
- Most ERP Inadequate for Global, Complex Business
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Emerson to Purchase the rest of EGS Electrical Group
- Festo Joins Sercos North America
- North American Machine Vision Sales up in 3Q
- CC-Link Adds Balluff to Board of Directors
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- OPC Foundation open standards
- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Next frontier: Operator-automation relationship
- ISA announces 2014 technical division symposia
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Cooling Electrical Panels in Waste Water Treatment Applications
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- EtherNet/IP: fieldbus and more
- The Future of Automation is solving the World’s Greatest Challenges