PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
B&B Electronics introduces USB Sentinel Surge Suppressor
GO TO SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE
July 9, 2013 – B&B Electronics introduced USBSSP2 “USB Sentinel” USB 3.0 surge suppressor. USB Sentinel is compact (4.5 x 1.22 x 0.96 inches, 11.4 x 3.1 x 2.5 cm) and portable, connecting in-line between the computer and the peripheral device to protect it from the surges, spikes, and electrostatic discharge (ESD) that can occur when connecting computers to equipment in the field and factory. With a wide (0 to 80°C) operating temperature, advanced heavy industrial emissions standards and an EN61000-6-2 heavy industrial rating, the USB Sentinel is small enough to tuck into a pocket or a laptop bag, yet tough enough to stand up to repeated use in harsh environments.
The USB Sentinel is a passive device and provides fast, 20 microsecond clamping of surges -- up to 700 volts on the data lines and 1000 volts on the power lines -- without interfering with normal USB 3.0 connectivity. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, providing a single USB surge suppression solution. The device is transparent to the operating system, host computer or hub, and it requires no drivers.
This suppressor is suitable for field service technicians, as well as fixed installations in industrial automation, instrumentation, security, kiosks, point-of-sale and laboratory market applications.
The USB Sentinel includes a USB 3.0 cable, is priced at $49 MSRP, and also carries a lifetime warranty. It is available directly from B&B Electronics and all of its distribution partners.
About B&B Electronics:
Founded in 1981, B&B Electronics Inc. provides M2M connectivity solutions for wireless and wired networks based on serial, Ethernet, wireless and USB communication technologies. Specializing in connectivity out at the “edge” of networks in remote, harsh and uncontrolled environments, the company is known globally for its easy to use, rugged and reliable device networking products, as well as for its knowledgeable technical support and responsive customer service.
- Tecsis LP announces Model LPI inclination sensor
- Kooltronic announces SlimKool cabinet air conditioners
- ABB robots add real‐time tactile feedback
- Cognex updates In-Sight Software
- Cyber Sciences announces SER-2408 CyTime Event Recorder
- IBASE introduces CMI211-250-956 Mini-ITX chassis
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- Process Control & Industrial Automation
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Emerson to Purchase the rest of EGS Electrical Group
- Cooling Electrical Panels in Waste Water Treatment Applications
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Adaptive Process Control delivers built-in, bottom line benefits
- Integrated automation controls rail straightening machine
- Plant-Wide Energy Assessment Boosts Savings
- Control Valve Replacement: Alternative to Globe Valves