PROJECT The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Epicor to supply ERP to Colombiano Texas Transformadora
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 23, 2013 - Epicor Software announced that Colombiano Texas Transformadora S.A. (CTT), Bogota-based emerald processing company, has selected the Epicor enterprise resource planning solution (ERP) solution.
Founded in 2009, CTT operates a world-class emerald processing facility, and employs a group of master cutters and specialized professionals in the emerald industry -- one of the most important industries of the Colombian economy.
Since its inception, CTT has implemented best practice initiatives through the integration of technology, standardization of processes and knowledge management, positioning itself as a leader and industry benchmark.
Over time, information management and obtaining reliable figures about the company became increasingly complex since all data was collected through a custom-made software system powered by Excel data. "We realized that response times were not the best," said Juan Carlos Higuera, CEO, CTT. "We conducted a root cause analysis and found many reasons to centralize business data. After considering several options, we decided that the best solution was a single comprehensive business software system, so we started searching for an ERP solution that was adequate for our needs."
After evaluating different vendors, CTT selected Epicor ERP. "We wanted a robust, scalable and Web-based solution that would allow us to systematically trace the transformation of emeralds and the sales process, improving both the flow of information and communication. We found all of this and more in Epicor ERP," said Higuera.
In order to achieve its goal of unifying data and successfully implementing an ERP system, CTT management and Epicor teamed up. "We see Epicor as a strategic business partner to help us build the best solution for our information needs, and at the same time will share their broad global experience and best practices," added Higuera. "The service and attention provided by Epicor has been excellent; they are concerned about our business and implementation project, and have made us feel confident that we are in the hands of an organization with excellent support and experience."
"We are pleased to have CTT join the growing number of manufacturers, distributors and services organizations worldwide that rely on Epicor ERP to drive business efficiency and competitive advantage," said Malcolm Fox, vice president, product marketing at Epicor. "Epicor ERP will bring increased visibility and flexibility to the business, enabling quicker response times and better decision making."
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and larger enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand. The Company's headquarters are located in Dublin, California, with offices and affiliates worldwide.
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- Averna to supply Test Equipment to Power Matters Alliance
- Savigent to supply historian software to Seagate
- Yokogawa to control Chevron Phillips Petrochemicals Project
- Invensys to supply SimSci Optimization to SK innovation
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- The top four criteria for manufacturing software comparison
- Most ERP Inadequate for Global, Complex Business
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Cooling Electrical Panels in Waste Water Treatment Applications
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Internet of Things – making every second count
- The Future of Automation is solving the World’s Greatest Challenges
- MTConnect Challenge 2 Gets four competitors
- Adaptive Process Control delivers built-in, bottom line benefits
- Seeq gets $6M in Funding to Bring Big Data to Industrial Processes
- MTConnect and OPC connect