PROJECT The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Hollysys to provide Profibus DCS to power plant in China
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 16, 2013 - Hollysys Automation Technologies will provide its Profibus DCS to a power plant in China. The DCS will control more than 13,000 points and ProfiBus will control 3,600 distributed devices for the two 1GW ultra-supercritical thermal power generating units at the Fujian Hongshan Thermal Power Plant. This will be the largest ProfiBus application in GW level thermal power plant in China.
Dr. Changli Wang, Chairman and CEO of Hollysys, commented, "We are very proud of the contract win to apply our proprietary ProfiBus DCS to the largest scale of thermal power generating units in China, which evidenced our leading technology and capability. Since the end of last year, we restructured our marketing sales force and organized industry professional teams to further penetrate the high-end segments of industrial automation market, and we have gradually seen the fruitful results. Going into the future, we will continue to capture our fair share in the high-end market and intensify our sales efforts in the low to mid-end market to further enhance our market position, and create value for our shareholders."
ProfiBus is an universal, open fieldbus which links controllers or control systems with decentralized field devices like sensors and actuators on the field level and enables consistent data exchange with higher ranking communication systems. The consistency of ProfiBus is enabled by utilizing a single, standardized, application-independent communication protocol which supports fieldbus solutions both in factory and process automation. ProfiBus permits the fast communication with intelligent and distributed devices and brings enormous savings resulting from the reduction in cabling and input/output hardware, and can transmit significantly greater amount of information which implies significant cost advantages for plant operation and maintenance.
About Hollysys Automation Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: HOLI)
Hollysys Automation Technologies is a leading provider of automation and control technologies and applications in China that enables its diversified industry and utility customers to improve operating safety, reliability, and efficiency. Founded in 1993, Hollysys has approximately 3,500 employees with nationwide presence in over 60 cities in China, with subsidiaries and offices in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, India, and serves over 5,000 customers more than 20,000 projects in the industrial, railway, subway & nuclear industries in China, South-East Asia, and the Middle East. Its proprietary technologies are applied in its industrial automation solution suite including DCS (Distributed Control System), PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), RMIS (Real-time Management Information System), HAMS (HolliAS Asset Management System), OTS (Operator Training System), HolliAS BATCH (Batch Application Package), HolliAS APC Suite (Advanced Process Control Package), SIS (Safety Instrumentation System), high-speed railway signaling system of TCC (Train Control Center), ATP (Automatic Train Protection), Subway Supervisory and Control platform, SCADA (Surveillance Control and Data Acquisition), nuclear conventional island automation and control system and other products.
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- Averna to supply Test Equipment to Power Matters Alliance
- Savigent to supply historian software to Seagate
- Yokogawa to control Chevron Phillips Petrochemicals Project
- Invensys to supply SimSci Optimization to SK innovation
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- Lantronix Announces M2M Design Contest
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Hannover Fairs USA partners with Canadian Wind Energy Association
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Big changes ahead for Fieldbus Foundation on the eve of twentieth anniversary
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks