PROJECT The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Metso to control paper mills in Thailand
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 2, 2013 - SCG Paper has ordered two large automation packages from Metso to be installed on Siam Kraft PM16 – a new OptiConcept M machine from Metso at the Ban Pong mill in Ratchaburi, and for the upgrade of TUPI PM9 at the Wangsala mill in Kanchanaburi. The goal of the automation packages is to increase the production capacity and modernize the existing control system.
Both automation packages include Metso’s automation system with continuous condition monitoring of field instruments, quality control systems, Neles and Jamesbury valves for on-off and control applications. All valves are equipped with pneumatic cylinder actuators and intelligent positioners or limit switches. The upgrade delivery for TUPI PM9 at the Wangsala mill also includes consistency measurement.
Metso has a large installed base for process automation products and valves especially in the Thai pulp and paper industry, with customers like SCG Paper, which has a pulp mill and several paper mills in the area.
“We are dedicated to support our customers in Thailand. This order covering the total scope of our technologies is one milestone that reflects the confidence that SCG Paper has in our technology and service capabilities,” says See Hoe Lau, Vice President, Sales & Service, Asia Pacific, Automation, Metso.
Metso’s commitment to customers in Thailand was demonstrated in the opening of Metso’s Automation service center in Ratchaburi, Thailand just a few months ago.
“Our customers, like SCG Paper, demand faster service response times and want us to increase our service scope. The new service center strongly supports our Automation business in Thailand,” says Henry Chong, Regional Sales Director for South East Asia, Automation, Metso.
The new Automation service center is located in Banpong, Ratchaburi, 80 kilometers east from Bangkok close to two of the major SCG Paper complexes, Wangsala and Banpong. The new facility includes modern training and testing facilities, a valve repair shop and a storage facility for spare parts.
Automation technologies for SCG Paper
The scalable Metso DNA automation system adapts to diverse industry needs, from single machine controls to entire plant-wide automation and information management systems. It enables plants to integrate all operations into a single plant-wide, or even corporate-wide entity, enabling easy access to information for comparing and combining process data. Operators only need to know one system, and customers also benefit from having a single source for global system support, updates and spare parts.
Metso IQ is a market leader of online quality control solutions. It is a combination of intelligent scanning, high-speed measurements, robust multivariable quality controls and an integrated on-line analysis toolbox, dedicated to optimize the entire paper making process, end product quality and business efficiency.
Metso is the leading valve solutions and services provider, and the market leader of valves for the pulp and paper industries. Its solutions include control valves, automated on-off and emergency shutdown valves, as well as smart positioners and condition monitoring. Metso’s world-leading brands include Neles, Jamesbury and Mapag.
The Automation segment’s process automation and flow control solutions meet the growing needs of Metso’s customer industries to improve production process efficiency as raw materials and energy sources become scarcer and their costs increase. Our global network of service experts delivers business solutions to our customers that improve their productivity, lower risks and optimize costs.
Metso is a global supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries, including mining, construction, pulp and paper, power, and oil and gas. Our 30,000 professionals based in over 50 countries deliver sustainability and profitability to customers worldwide. Expect results.
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- Averna to supply Test Equipment to Power Matters Alliance
- Savigent to supply historian software to Seagate
- Yokogawa to control Chevron Phillips Petrochemicals Project
- Invensys to supply SimSci Optimization to SK innovation
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- Lantronix Announces M2M Design Contest
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards