PROJECT The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Rotork to supply valve actuators for terminal upgrade
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 8, 2013 - Rotork intelligent electric valve actuators and two-wire digital control systems have been specified for a major plant upgrade at the Caltex Kurnell site in Sydney, Australia. The upgrade project is converting the existing refinery site into an import terminal for the storage and distribution of petrol, diesel, jet fuel and fuel oil.
A large proportion of the 300 actuators involved are the latest IQ3 units, the third generation of Rotork’s pioneering non-intrusive intelligent electric actuator product range. All the new actuators will be monitored and controlled by ten hot-standby Rotork Pakscan P3 bus networks. Designed specifically for the remote operation of valve actuators and the spacious environments associated with tank farms, Pakscan provides the vital link between actuators in the field and the host control system.
Many of the actuators will be supplied on new valves whilst a number are being retrofitted by Rotork Site Services Australia onto existing hand operated valve installations. Retrofitting areas include the terminal berths, where IQ3 actuators are being used to motorise the double block and bleed manifold valves. Rotork’s retrofit responsibilities encompass surveying and measuring the on-site valves, sizing and installing the new actuators and assisting with the integration and commissioning of the Pakscan networks throughout the site.
Launched in 2012, the IQ3 has introduced new levels of functionality and asset management abilities for valve actuation. Advanced IQ data logging and communication capabilities have been increased in response to the end users’ desire to access more data, both in the field and in the control room.
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- Averna to supply Test Equipment to Power Matters Alliance
- Savigent to supply historian software to Seagate
- Yokogawa to control Chevron Phillips Petrochemicals Project
- Invensys to supply SimSci Optimization to SK innovation
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- OPC Foundation open standards