CASE STUDIES The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Heason uses Kollmorgen’s single-cable interconnection system
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 22, 2013: Heason Technology uses Kollmrogen's single cable option that combines motor power and feedback connection. The scalable solutions are available with high-resolution Hiperface DSL absolute encoders or SFD digital resolvers and can be used for almost all types of applications. With Kollmorgen's single cable technology, hardware and wiring requirements are significantly reduced. Additionally, planning, installation and procurement costs can be further reduced when Kollmorgen servo controllers with integrated motion controls are selected. All in all, OEMs, end-users and machine builders can realize solutions with a competitive edge in their own market.
Kollmorgen's single-cable drive solutions have been proven for many years. The packages now offered include AKM family servomotors - as standard or food-grade versions – together with the AKD-series servo controllers in standard versions or models with integrated motion control. When selecting the AKD PDMM servo amplifier with integrated motion control, the Kollmorgen Automation Suite (KAS) motion system is directly integrated in the drive without the need for a separate industrial PC (IPC). This allows considerable savings with respect to commissioning hardware, and reduces space and installation time.
The KAS motion control platform is characterized by its extremely straightforward and fast graphical programming ability and by its significantly positive effects on machine flexibility, productivity and quality. The AKD drives are extremely compact and feature-rich. They combine superior dynamic performance with high flexibility and scalability and can therefore meet the requirements of almost all applications. AKM synchronous servo motors offer an unprecedented power density rating, small size and comprehensive range variety.
MORE CASE STUDIES
- Harnessing Green Energy
- Dynagen uses Netbiter to remotely monitor gensets & compressors
- VRTX uses Netbiter to remotely monitor water treatment systems
- Yorkshire Water installs 450 Chlorine Monitors
- QA Graphics Provides System Graphics for systems integrator
- ETAP controls power at cement plant in El Salvado
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- OPC Foundation open standards
- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Most ERP Inadequate for Global, Complex Business
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Emerson to Purchase the rest of EGS Electrical Group
- North American Machine Vision Sales up in 3Q
- CC-Link Adds Balluff to Board of Directors
- Cooling Electrical Panels in Waste Water Treatment Applications