Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Innominate secures remote maintenance for FRIMO
FRIMO has integrated 80 remote service connectivity solutions. Using VNC (virtual network computing) software, the entire screen content of the...
PLC version control software cuts machine downtime at SWEP
By introducing change management and version control software from for all its PLCs in five production plants, heat exchanger manufacturer SWEP has...
Emerson cuts greenhouse gases for Qatargas
Emerson provided automation and engineering services for a Qatargas project that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 1.6 million tonnes...
Thousands of Well Sites Collect Data via OPC
The project called for between 1,000 and 1,500 well sites to come online in 2014, and beyond 6,000 by 2030, over an area of more than 4,500 km2.
Water Management Services use OPC UA
The City of Enid, Oklahoma, uses Iconics software and OPC to manage its water production, distribution and reclamation system.
Custom Magnetic Sensor Selection and Design Guide, Part I
By Gwenn Gmeinder, Littelfuse
When it comes to designing magnetic sensing applications, advance planning and open communication are vital...
Signal Conditioning: An Explainer
Industrial Automation Asia
The use of signal conditioners in safe areas effectively prevents interference in the signal path...
Modular Application Software Comes On Scene in Industrial Automation
By Al Presher
Transitions in automation control programming over the years from relay ladder logic, to PLC ladder logic, to even...
How to benefit from support remotely
By Hank Hogan
Out of sight no longer need be out of mind. That’s good news for remote support, a technology that allows machine...
Aerotech announces EasyTune autotuning tool for motion control
EasyTune requires no input from the user, completes in a few minutes, and provides measured verification of the servo performance when complete.