Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
WEISS completes dial plate to facilitate Jerit robotics
The design incorporates two robots−one SCARA (Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm) robot for glue dispensing, and one 6-axis robot for part...
Westfalia enables automated storage for Glenmore Distillery
With Westfalia’s automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) and Savanna.NET warehouse execution system (WES), the 223,000 square-foot...
Unisom's 30mm tube bender used to boost manufacturer's productivity
The 30 mm bender was specially designed by Unison to improve Crisp Clean Services's production efficiency and flexibility in manufacturing their...
Emak chooses Emerson motor in smoke extraction fan application
Based in Istanbul, Turkey, Emak Fan Industries Inc. chose a modular, dedicated motor and drive solution from Emerson for its latest smoke...
Case Study: Automated Handling of Ultra Thin Wafers
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Cubatic Technology is an innovator in system automation and engineering design. Specializing in customizable...
Capacitive Vs Thermal MEMS for High-Vibration Applications
By James Fennally, MEMSIC
In most cases, equipment designers have a choice between capacitive-based or thermal MEMS (microelectromechanical)...
Jabil announces predictive analytics solution built with Microsoft Azure
The platform is designed to analyze millions of data points from machines running dozens of steps throughout the manufacturing process and predict...
Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician (CMRT) Study Guide - $40.00
The Study Guide contains a list of the CMRT domains and tasks, 50 review questions and answers complete with justifications.
ESMA opens first Holmatro Service Center in the Middle East
After an intensive training period with Holmatro, all of the testing equipment and specialist tools needed to carry out the servicing and repairs...
Siemens introduces Digital Services for Energy powered by Sinalytics
Siemens Digital Services for Energy are “intelligent knowledge systems” that are enabled by advanced algorithms, sophisticated data analytics...