Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Rotork valve actuators control coal mine degassing
Salcan Process Technology uses the Rotork actuated control valve to control the flow of gas while maintaining back pressure in the coal seam.
Moxa networks Bonfiglioli solar systems
Bonfiglioli is deploying Moxa Modbus gateways, network switches, Ethernet I/O, and serial-to-Ethernet controllers in its turnkey solar solutions.
Vision system controls and sorts metal and plastic parts
Twelve Manta G-223B cameras from Allied Vision are being used by GEFRA to inspect screw joints for the brake lines of vehicles.
Stahlin Enclosures prevent corrosion in Detroit water treatment plant
Commerce Controls installed Stahlin non-metallic enclosures on filter control panels and a phosphoric chemical dosing panel at the City of Detroit,...
Emerson Industrial supplies Unidrive M drives to Render Technology
Before the implementation of Unidrive M, Render’s machines were able to deliver 25 or 26 cycles per minute. Since adopting Unidrive M, the...
Web seminar: How to calibrate temperature instruments
ISA and Beamex will co-host a free web seminar 1 September 2015 on how to calibrate temperature instruments.
Honeywell To Acquire Elster for $5.1 billion
Elster Division of Melrose Industries is a provider of thermal gas solutions for commercial, industrial, and residential heating systems and gas,...
PLCopen wants comments on Coding Guidelines
PLCopen invites all interested parties to give feedback on this document until October 23, 2015.
AMS acquires CMOS sensor business from NXP
The CMOS sensors measure several environmental variables such as relative humidity, pressure and temperature in one sensor device.
Workflow and Automation for Account and Password Management
By Dean Wiech, Tools4Ever
Workflow and automation procedures for identity and password management can reduce time spent, increase security and...