Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Aveva software helps Russian metallurgy design company handle bigger projects
Mosgipromez, a design institute in the Russian iron & steel industry, has implemented AVEVA Everything3D (AVEVA E3D) and AVEVA Bocad software.
Perle Ethernet extenders work in Canadian Explosives Laboratory
Perle eX-S1110 Gigabit Ethernet Extenders provide 330m safety perimeter during explosive field test.
B-Scada monitors multiple Algae Lab Systems
B-Scada software aggregates data from several hundred AlgaeConnect systems, each with several photobioreactors/ponds in a single system.
Aveva software designs chemical plant in Brazil
The plant has 1400 piping lines, 1700 manual valves, 300 motors and 1350 field instruments.
Siemens updates three-stage lathe line for railroad axle manufacturer
Siemens Sinumerik CNCs, Simotics motors and Sinamics drives were installed at each lathe, with Simatic PLC and HMI as the master of the entire line.
SCADA Attacks Double in 2014
By Aaron Hand
Dell Security’s annual threat report shows not only a significant surge in the number of attacks on retail...
By Greg Blackman
When installing a machine vision system, the cabling is just as an important factor as the camera, lens and lighting....
Enhancing Sensor Reliability through Venting
By Gary Chan, W.L. Gore
Designers often overlook the natural phenomenon of gas expansion and contraction. As internal and external...
Ensuring industrial wireless security
Control Engineering Europe
By Julia Santogatta, Belden
Wireless can be an extremely secure, shared medium if you follow an important ‘Wireless...
Protecting pressure gauges and transmitters against water hammer
South Africa Instrumentation & Control
By Chris du Plessis, SA Gauge
One of the main concerns of hydraulic and other system designers is how to...