Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Oxford school has online control of HVAC, water and lighting.
Netbiter gateways connected to Rockwell PLCs control the different systems in the
EF International Language Centre in Oxford, UK.
Erdrich employs noax industrial PCs to track parts movements
Industrial PCs ride around on forklifts to direct operators to the proper locations and allow activities to be entered directly on the touchscreen.
LB Foster installs chain conveyor at Dana UK Axle
The conveyor is used to transport front and rear axles of Jaguar Landrover vehicles from the end of Dana's assembly line to the dock audit area...
CAT2 uses noax IPCs for food processing
CAT 2 is a software company specializing in farm-to-fork traceability for the beef, pork, poultry, turkey, seafood, egg, and produce...
Bonfiglioli motors spin Technowrapp pallet wrapper
Technowrapp’s Runner Arm can wrap 136 pallets/hour with 10 turns per pallet, stabilising a pallet with just 76 grams of stretch wrap film.
Hydraulic Thermoplastic Hose and Couplings Market growing
The Hydraulic Thermoplastic Hose and Couplings Market was valued at US$ 504.5 Mn in 2012, and is expected to reach US$ 747.2 Mn by 2022, growing at...
HSI Limit Switches Earn UL 1203 Certification
Spot On switches are UL 1203 certified, which means they are explosion proof, dust ignition proof, and certified for all hazardous locations.
Big Data to change maintenance
Bif Data will make service strategies shift from corrective to preventive and predictive maintenance services over the next five years
Plant floor cyber security—is it on your agenda?
By Keith Campbell
Plant floor cyber security is among today’s most serious threats facing our individual manufacturing...
Securing edge devices and data in industrial applications
South African Instrumentation and Control
By Johnny Fang, Moxa
The Trusted Platform Module, or TPM. defines a hardware standard that permanently...