Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
CAS data acquisition system cleans up detergent tests
German detergent manufacturer Henkel replaced its old data recorders with 10 Delphin measurement data acquisition systems.
Procentec solves Profibus problems at Dutch water treatment plant
Using ProfiTrace 2 diagnostics found a corroded cable at the Rijnland waste water purification plant.
FuelCell Energy uses VFDs and PACs to improve grid connection
Rockwell Automation PowerFlex 700L drives and CompactLogix PACS convert DC power to AC power within the fuel cell and connect it to the grid.
Jonah Energy Implements FLOWCLOUD Hosting Solution
Jonah Energy, a startup exploration and production company, is using Flow-Cal’s FLOWCLOUD hosting solution to obtain data in a cloud environment....
LB Foster builds Assembly line for Jaguar XF Sportbrake
The tabbing and framing cell takes the Sportbrake body floor out of the assembly line to have the side body panels, roof and other components put...
Service Center maintains material handling equipment
Center checks, maintains and rebuilds metal detection, material handling and magnetic equipment.
NK Technologies publishes product catalog
Comprehensive catalog completely covers current measurement
Automation Federation to conduct cybersecurity program
The program will be held at the ARC Industry Forum, 9-12 February in Orlando, Florida
Schneider Electric FCP280 receives ISASecure EDSA certification
Exida, an ISASecure accredited test lab, certified the Schneider Electric Field Control Processor 280 to the ISASecure Embedded Device Security...
IE4 “Super Premium Efficiency” motors gaining ground
HIS says while the world transitions to higher efficiency IE2, IE3 and NEMA Premium low-voltage (LV) motors, IE4 motors marketed as “Super...