PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
December 19, 2012 – Beckhoff Automation introduced EP1518 EtherCAT Box. This I/O device integrates numerous functions such as 32 bit fast-pulse counters, digital inputs with sensor diagnostics and adjustable filter characteristics.
With the EP1518, multi-function I/O has been expanded to include a flexible, IP 67-rated variant that is ideal for use outside of electrical cabinets and in harsh environments. The EP1518 enables shorter cycle times, faster network communication speeds via EtherCAT, increased precision in distributed logistics and more.
The EP1518 EtherCAT Box has eight 24VDC inputs as well as an EtherCAT input port and output port for linking to the process level. The device also counts fast pulses with a counting frequency of up to 1 kHz. Integrated data pre-processing enables the reliable counting of pulses, independent of the control cycle time.
All eight inputs of the EP1518 are equipped with an up/down counter and gate input that can be deactivated. Two of the eight inputs are available for standard 32 bit up/down counters, however all eight signal inputs on the EP1518 IP 67 box are transmitted as “normal” digital signals over the EtherCAT network. In addition, the EtherCAT Box is equipped with short-circuit detection via diagnostics of the sensor supply. The software-based adaptation of the inputs to the most diverse sensors/switches can be adjusted by filter characteristics between 10 μs and 100 ms.
Beckhoff Automation provides advanced, open automation products based upon proven technologies so that customers can implement high performance control systems faster and at a lower overall cost than traditional PLC and motion control systems. Beckhoff’s “New Automation Technology” product range includes PC based control, industrial PCs, automation controllers, operator interface, I/O, servo drives and motors. With representation in more than 60 countries, Beckhoff is well positioned to provide global sales and service to its customers. Beckhoff sales and service are handled directly, with no intermediaries involved for exceptional customer service and consultation.
Back to top
- ICP DAS introduces PFN-2060 Profinet remote I/O Module
- Metso introduces SDO sludge dewatering control
- Servo2Go introduces ElectroCraft EXC-Series AC Servo Motors
- PANalytical Announces ASD TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier
- Tecsis LP announces Model LPI inclination sensor
- Kooltronic announces SlimKool cabinet air conditioners
- Northeast Coating Technologies uses datalogger to monitor Surface Treatment
- EtherCAT celebrates 10th anniversary
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- Lantronix Announces M2M Design Contest
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Big changes ahead for Fieldbus Foundation on the eve of twentieth anniversary
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- Field wireless networks
- Festo Joins Sercos North America