PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
May 23, 2013 - Beckhoff Automation introduced the CX9020 Embedded PC. The DIN rail mounted CX9020 is compact, robust and equipped with a powerful 1 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor. The CX9020 is suitable for a wide range of PLC and motion control applications in small and medium sized machines, systems or buildings.
This affordable Embedded PC integrates a CPU, numerous connectivity solutions and optional interfaces, a power supply and a direct I/O interface for Beckhoff I/O systems, all in one compact housing. The CX9020 can capably operate in demanding environments with temperatures ranging between -25 to +60 °C making it ideal for a wide range of manufacturing facility types and outdoor applications, including wind turbines and solar power installations.
This flexible Embedded PC also continues Beckhoff’s support of Microsoft operating systems in the form of Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7. In combination with the TwinCAT automation software platform from Beckhoff, the CX9020 becomes a dependable PLC and motion controller that can be used with or without visualization.
The solid-state CX9020 is fanless and equipped with two microSD card slots providing the option for larger storage capacity on the device. It also comes with a 256 MB microSD card for the operating system; the supplemental microSD card slot can be used for additional operator data. The CPU inside the CX9020 has access to an impressive 1 GB of internal DDR3 RAM memory. In addition, 128 Kbyte of NOVRAM are available for data storage in the event of a power failure.
The basic configuration of the CX9020 includes two switched Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s RJ 45 interfaces, four USB-2.0 interfaces and a DVI-D interface. The RJ 45 interfaces are connected to an internal switch and offer a simple option for creating a line topology without the need for additional Ethernet switches. A “multi-optional” interface permits the integration of an additional interface, such as EtherCAT (slave only), PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, PROFIBUS, CANopen, DeviceNet, serial interface (RS232/RS422/RS485) or audio.
Another smart feature of the CX9020 is its ability to automatically detect the directly-connected Bus Terminal I/O or EtherCAT Terminal I/O and switch to the respective mode for convenient system management.
Beckhoff Automation is a provider of advanced and open automation solutions based upon proven technologies for customers to implement high performance control systems faster and at a lower overall cost than traditional PLC and motion control systems. Beckhoff’s “New Automation Technology” product range includes PC-based control, industrial PCs, automation controllers, operator interfaces, I/O, servo drives and motors. With representation in more than 60 countries, Beckhoff is well-positioned to provide global sales and service to its customers. Beckhoff sales and service are handled directly, with no intermediaries involved for exceptional customer service and consultation.
- AutomationDirect introduces SureGear PGCN stepper gearboxes
- Measurement Computing announces USB-2020 DAQ board
- Los Gatos Research announces Natural Gas Leak Detection system
- Balluff releases RFID data carrier
- Harting takes connectors outdoors
- Igus folds up R68 cable carrier
- Zero-Max's New CD® Coupling Sizing & Selection Software Has 3D CAD Models.
- FANUC merges it all together
- FMC Technologies uses metrology system to check CNC machines
- ABB creates SMART robot education package
- October manufacturing technology orders up 10.2%
- Medium Voltage Drive sales still up
- Siemens Introduces Managed Security Service
- ASM publishes 2nd Edition of HMI Design Guidelines
- Strothmann to automate tandem press line in China
- AVEVA supplies Everything3D design software to EMS-CHEMIE
- Franklin Control Systems signs Lynxspring as distributor
- Northeast Coating Technologies uses datalogger to monitor Surface Treatment