INDUSTRY The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
CC-Link approved in China and Japan
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 24, 2013 — The CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA) received three certifications in China and Japan:
- Chinese National Standard GB/Z 294126.96.36.199-2013: CC-Link Safety
- Japanese Industrial Standard TR B0031: CC-Link
- SEMI E54.23-0513: CC-Link IE Field
“These certifications have a potential pull through sales effect for North American manufacturers that offer components and systems compliant with the CC-Link open network,” said John Wozniak, networking specialist, CC-Link Partner Association.
In China, industries such as automotive, semiconductor, and liquid crystal display have increasingly been demanding improvements in safety. CC-Link IE Field Network with integrated safety can deliver safety shutdown of processes in response to an emergency signal from light curtains, safety gates, E-stops, etc. Network diagnostics are so precise that when a cable disconnects or a faulty station is detected, the location of the fault is identified and isolated. Line trouble and module errors can be identified from any location with access to the network, such as an office or anywhere on the production floor.
CC-Link IE Field Network delivers one gigabit-per-second transmission and real-time protocol enables control of remote I/O field devices with essentially no transmission delay. This transmission rate is at least ten times faster than currently available Industrial Ethernet-based networks. The SEMI certification assures manufacturers of semiconductors, photovoltaics, flat panel displays, and related micro- and nano-electronics that CC-Link IE Field is compatible with standards-based manufacturing architectures and its many features have the capabilities to deliver improved operational performance.
CC-Link has been a de facto standard network in Japan for some time. The certification in Japan assures suppliers and manufacturers in both Japanese domestic and export markets that CC-Link meets the important IEC 61158 international field bus standard.
The CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA) is an international organization with more than 2,000 member companies worldwide. The partners’ common objective is the global technical development and adoption of the family of CC-Link open network technologies. More than 1,200 certified products are now available from more than 250 manufacturers. CC-Link is the leading industrial network in Asia and is becoming increasingly popular in the Americas and Europe. The Americas headquarters is in Vernon Hills, Illinois. Other CLPA offices are located in Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Germany, and the UK.
- Most ERP Inadequate for Global, Complex Business
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Emerson to Purchase the rest of EGS Electrical Group
- Festo Joins Sercos North America
- North American Machine Vision Sales up in 3Q
- CC-Link Adds Balluff to Board of Directors
- Big changes ahead for Fieldbus Foundation on the eve of twentieth anniversary
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Field wireless networks
- EtherNet/IP: fieldbus and more
- Internet of Things – making every second count
- Sercos releases CIP Safety on Sercos Conformance Test Tool
- Harnessing Green Energy
- Leveraging Mainstream PCI Express Advances in Embedded Systems
- Safety Finds a Home on the Ethernet Network
- Remote Access Here or There
- Standards Help Ethernet Networks Stay in Sync
- What's Hiding in the Cloud?