RESOURCES The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Cooper Bussmann releases FC2 App for Fault Current Calculations
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 9, 2013 - Cooper Bussmann announced FC2 mobile application (app) for calculating available fault current levels in single- or three-phase electrical systems. Available for all Apple iPhones and iPads, and Android mobile devices, the FC2 mobile app allows contractors, engineers, electricians and electrical inspectors to quickly and easily determine available fault current levels anywhere in an electrical distribution system. Additionally, FC2 enables users to create and email National Electric Code (NEC) 110.24 compliant labels for marking service entrance equipment and one-line diagrams.
“As the industry evolves, we’re seeing an increased demand for mobile technology to improve jobsite efficiencies,” said Vince Saporita, vice president of technical sales, Bussmann Division. “And, as a company, we’re committed to addressing that trend head on by developing innovative mobile solutions like our new FC2 and our previously released FuseFinder cross reference tool. These simple but robust solutions are well suited for field use with quick and easy access to products or solutions needed for specific applications.”
Eliminating the need for costly software and time-consuming manual calculations, the FC2 mobile app simplifies the point-to-point calculation process with an intuitive interface. Once opened, the app uses easy-to-follow prompts to guide users through the calculating process for either single- or three--phase power, adding system components and calculating the available fault current. The calculation process also renders a one-line diagram of the system that can be reviewed on the device or emailed. Taking the process a step further, the FC2 app also allows users to create and email NEC 110.24 compliant labels to help meet the need for marking service entrance equipment.
Beyond calculations, the FC2 app also includes a fuse sizing guide for main, feeder and branch circuits. When reviewing the completed diagram, users also have the ability to touch blue “Hot Spot” links within the app to view fuse and conductor sizing information.
Additional features of the app include a User Guide complete with a host of helpful tips, as well as a Contact Us section for technical or customer service support.
Free downloads of the FC2 app are available at the Apple App Store or Android market by searching the keywords “Fault Current Calculator” and selecting the Bussmann FC2 icon. A web-based version is also available on the Bussmann website.
Cooper Bussmann is part of the electrical business of Eaton. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in late 2012. Bussmann leads in critical circuit protection, power management and electrical safety. Cooper Bussmann is committed to the development, manufacturing and marketing of innovative circuit and power electronics protection as well as power management solutions for industrial, electronics, alternative energy and high reliability markets. Industry-leading brands offered include: Cooper Bussmann circuit protection products; Coiltronics magnetics; ELPRO industrial wireless; OMNEX Trusted Wireless systems; and Martek power management solutions.
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- ASCON announces Machinator mobile game application
- Sercos releases CIP Safety on Sercos Conformance Test Tool
- Balluff publishes Industrial Identification Catalog
- Foundation Fieldbus H1 Interoperability Test Kit 6.1.1 Available
- Lenze releases PackML Library
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Hannover Fairs USA partners with Canadian Wind Energy Association
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Emerson to Purchase the rest of EGS Electrical Group
- Cooling Electrical Panels in Waste Water Treatment Applications
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Adaptive Process Control delivers built-in, bottom line benefits
- Plant-Wide Energy Assessment Boosts Savings