RESOURCES The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Emerson publishes Engineer’s Guide to Industrial Temperature Measurement
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 9, 2013 - Emerson Process Management announced The Engineer’s Guide to Industrial Temperature Measurement,available at www.rosemount.com/tempguide. The Temperature Guide is free and can be ordered as a printed book, viewed online or downloaded as a PDF.
This resource was developed to help professionals including engineers, designers, operators and technicians understand and implement temperature measurement technology. “The new Temperature Guide is a comprehensive book of technical information on the entire temperature measurement system. It discusses the individual components, including the thermowell, sensor and transmitter” said Michelle Weimert, marketing manager, Emerson Process Management. “There is significant information on selection and installation guidelines, such as Why select an RTD or thermocouple? and What are the advantages of using transmitters instead of long sensor wires?. Also the Temperature Guide has information on maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting basics.”
Development was a joint effort of Emerson’s colleagues, customers and companies from around the world that include: The Dow Chemical Company, Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd., BorsodChem, Beamex Inc and BiLFINGER. “We did not write this Temperature Guide in a vacuum. Rather we consulted with our customers to determine the most common temperature questions and review the content written.”, says Weimert, “Their insight was invaluable.”
It is packed full of useable information including: the basics of temperature measurement; conversion tables; maintenance and calibration practices; proven results/application examples and more. Furthermore, it offers valuable insights and answers to 30 common challenges in a variety of industries and applications from Emerson engineers. The Temperature Guide also has sections on Rosemount Temperature Products, Reference Materials and Documentation as well as a glossary with definitions specifically related to The Temperature Industry.
The Temperature Guide also includes several levels of technical detail – from answering the most commonly asked questions on transmitters, sensors and thermowells, to guidelines on calibration, configuration, maintenance, diagnostics and safety. Best practices are shared drawing from Emerson’s over 50 years of experience in the Temperature Industry with the Rosemount brand of products. A large selection of topics are covered that includes: choose the right sensor technology; thermowell insertion length; grounding or earthing the installation; thermocouple temperature ranges; protection from electrical noise interference; and calibration best practices.
To learn more about, view and order Emerson’s Temperature Guide visit www.rosemount.com/tempguide.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2011 were $24.2 billion.
- Siemens Introduces Managed Security Service
- ASM publishes 2nd Edition of HMI Design Guidelines
- Fieldbus Foundation updates Foundation Fieldbus Technical Specifications
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- ASCON announces Machinator mobile game application
- Sercos releases CIP Safety on Sercos Conformance Test Tool
- Metso to control Electric Power Plants in Buryatia
- Northeast Coating Technologies uses datalogger to monitor Surface Treatment
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards