Engineer, Field Application II (Centerville, OH) - 10569
- Centerville, Ohio
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Engineering (Other)
- Bachelor Degree
- CONTACT NAME:
- Human Resources
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) is seeking a Field Application Engineer II to provide engineering support for products and applications to sales channel personnel and key accounts. May also develop and/or deliver technical training to customers, distributors and MEAU personnel on all Mitsubishi products.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Provide engineering support for products and applications to sales channel personnel and key accounts. May also develop and/or deliver technical training to customers, distributors and MEAU personnel on all Mitsubishi products.
- Provide on-site application engineering and product consulting.
- Serve as the escalated technical resource (subject matter expert [SME]) to ASPP's, and top distributors.
- Maintain technical documents and documentation on MEAU products, as assigned.
- Develop technical/application notes where applicable, detailing start-up procedures of new products.
- Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications, through self-study, hands-on testing of demo units, seminar attendance, and enrolling in Mitsubishi University courses.
- Provide technical product and solution training to customers, distributors and MEAU personnel on Mitsubishi products. Actively identify opportunities for custom training classes.
- Deliver presentations to external organizations or entities.
- Document support case data utilizing CRM.
- Serve approximately 3 weeks per year on Technical Assistance Center (TAC) rotation (inbound telephone technical support)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 25-40% Travel for training and application support within North America (Dayton, Cincinnati, Lexington, Louisville, Indianapolis and surrounding areas) Europe and Japan.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of application experience with industrial automation products.
- Experience with PLC, VFD, HMI, Servo, Control Networks, Motion Control and other industrial automation applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge, including the latest MEAU products, and to serve as escalated technical resource (subject matter expert [SME]).
- Technical writing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Customer service and phone skills.
- Professional, patient, positive, confident communication style and attitude.
- Ability to write and perform technical product and solution training for groups.
- Organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, work area and time management.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
- Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Multi-axis General Motion Control, Networking, process control and IEC 1131 programming standards is preferred.
- Some experience with PC hardware and software required with specific experience in industrial applications is preferred.
- Ability to discuss customer application requirements on phone or in person.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a business casual environment with an excellent benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
For more information about our company, please visit us at www.meau.com
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers