PROJECT The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
InfinityQS to provide ProFicient SPC software to Teknetix
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 9, 2013 – InfinityQS International announced that Teknetix selected ProFicient to implement process control and statistical process control (SPC) methodologies to improve product quality and support rapid company growth. Based in Parkersburg, W.Va., with a 60,000-square-foot facility, Teknetix is a provider of assembly services to the mid-volume, high-mix original equipment manufacturer (OEM) electronic manufacturing market.
Teknetix will use the ProFicient Manufacturing Intelligence platform as a central repository for production and quality data, such as attribute data, variable data, assignable cause (AC) and corrective actions (CA). The system automates data collection through integration with shop floor instruments and uses statistical methods to detect noncompliance. The reporting suite gives engineers a full arsenal of SPC software tools to help them better understand process capabilities and performance.
Bart Beckley, director of continuous improvement, Teknetix, said, “With more than 1,000 opportunities for defects on each circuit board, it was important to find a system that would improve process control through automated data collection and analysis. By monitoring attribute data in real time from various instrument inspections and testing, we will be able to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, provide our expanding customer base with a reliable product, reduce defect rates, and ultimately save money through the near elimination of rework and waste.”
Michael Lyle, president and CEO, InfinityQS, said, “By selecting ProFicient, Teknetix is joining the list of leading manufacturers that use the InfinityQS enterprise quality management system to improve the profitability of their manufacturing operations. ProFicient is a powerful choice for so many companies because of the wide range of quality, performance and cost advantages that they can gain through the use of real-time Manufacturing Intelligence.”
ProFicient is a proven enterprise quality hub powered by a centralized statistical process control (SPC) analysis engine. With flexible cloud-based or on-premise deployment options, ProFicient enables manufacturers to proactively monitor, analyze and report on Manufacturing Intelligence to improve quality, decrease costs and make more strategic business decisions.
About InfinityQS International, Inc.
InfinityQS International, Inc. is the global authority on Manufacturing Intelligence and enterprise quality. The company’s enterprise quality hub, ProFicient, delivers real-time visibility from the shop floor, across the enterprise and into the supply chain, allowing top manufacturers to take control of quality. Powered by a centralized statistical process control (SPC) engine, ProFicient manufacturing quality software leverages Manufacturing Intelligence to help global manufacturers improve product quality, decrease costs, maintain compliance and make smarter, data-driven business decisions. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., and founded in 1989, InfinityQS now services more than 40,000 active licenses with over 2,500 of the world’s top manufacturers including Kraft Foods, Ball Corporation, Boston Scientific, Graham Packaging and Medtronic.
- Yokogawa to control Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plant in Saudi Arabia
- Paradox to supply smart lighting to Bellinzona, Switzerland
- Strothmann to automate tandem press line in China
- AVEVA supplies Everything3D design software to EMS-CHEMIE
- Metso to control Electric Power Plants in Buryatia
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Maintenance basis for combustion- turbine combined-cycle plants
- Generator stator end-winding vibration problems
- Undetected bearing wear leads to catastrophic compressor failure
- How to Keep Nuclear Plants Safe? Let Me Count the Ways
- Power Plant Training Simulators Explained
- Installing high pressure pump systems made easier by design
- Rockwell Automation to optimize US Army
- U.S. Cutting Tool Consumption up 13.1% in October
- Carlo Gavazzi releases App
- PAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- FANUC merges it all together
- American Midstream installs FLOWCAL software