Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
RST offers free on-line pressure equalisation calculator...
A user enters the enclosure volume, the start and end temperatures, the process time and the operating pressure differential, and the calculator... MORE
Eaton Releases Updated Electrical Protection Handbook
The book has been published for more than 50 years and covers the selection and application of overcurrent protective devices, including code,... MORE
Elmo announces Free Online Motion Control Practice System
Elmo is offering login access to its EASII Experience RPS for anyone to explore motors and drives in action, configure the EtherCAT network,... MORE
Moore Industries Video Shows Fault-Tolerant Fieldbus System
The video shows how the system avoids costly shutdowns related to faulty FOUNDATION Fieldbus or PROFIBUS PA segments. MORE
Emerson signs Control Southern as distributor for Daniel
Control Southern now represents Daniel flow measurement and control products in Georgia, northern Alabama, and Tennessee. MORE
Ocean Data Systems to develop TUS solution for Yokogawa
The Thermal Uniformity Survey (TUS) reporting solution is for Yokogawa recorder models DX, FX, GX and GP. MORE