Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Bosch Rexroth updates Factory Automation Resource Kit
Additions include a Safety handbook excerpt, recent case studies, technical papers on topics such as vibration damping, and links to videos and... MORE
Vision Components offers free VCLIB image processing library
VCLIB software library contains all standard image processing algorithms as well as ready-to-use algorithms for a number of inspection tasks and... MORE
Process monitoring: How network video can improve...
By Andrea Sorri, Axis Communications
With the arrival of network video, plant operators can integrate security, safety and production control in... MORE
Emerging Regions to buy more Industrial Valves and Actuators
The increase in oil exploration activities, investments in new refineries, and modernisation of existing facilities will spur the uptake of valves... MORE
Managing Intellectual Property Risk with Outside Contractors
By Bill Lydon, Editor
Every time you contract a third-party service provider, you are putting your company’s intellectual property (IP) at risk.... MORE