RESOURCES The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
GO TO WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
- Carlo Gavazzi releases App
- Siemens Introduces Managed Security Service
- ASM publishes 2nd Edition of HMI Design Guidelines
- Fieldbus Foundation updates Foundation Fieldbus Technical Specifications
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- ASCON announces Machinator mobile game application
- Maintenance basis for combustion- turbine combined-cycle plants
- Leading Nuclear Plants Into the Digital Age
- Generator stator end-winding vibration problems
- Undetected bearing wear leads to catastrophic compressor failure
- How to Keep Nuclear Plants Safe? Let Me Count the Ways
- Power Plant Training Simulators Explained
- Installing high pressure pump systems made easier by design
- Yokogawa to control Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plant in Saudi Arabia
- PAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- ISA to develop Mission-Critical Professional certification program
- American Midstream installs FLOWCAL software
- October manufacturing technology orders up 10.2%