Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Gems Introduces sensor catalog App
The mobile application features the same look, feel and navigation as the standard catalog of of liquid level, flow and pressure sensors,...
Eplan expands support
With fee-based High Value Support, Eplan offers full support worldwide.
Updated Sercos Product Guide available
The guide lists 130 providers of nearly 300 Sercos-enabled products and serves as a guide for all mechanical engineers, systems integrators and...
ABB updates remote diagnostic services for GMDs
Enhancements include GMDbeat for online troubleshooting and GMDfit, which provides online condition monitoring, predictive analytics and periodic...
Festo announces Design Tool 3D for pneumatic systems
The configuration software reduces the risk of errors when designing and ordering system modules.
Aegis supplies FactoryLogix MES to Connor Solutions
The FactoryLogix software will encompass the entire production area, which currently comprises of three high technology SMT lines, conventional...
Azbil Process Controller Receives ISASecure EDSA certification
The Control Systems Security Corporation Chartered Lab (CSSC-CL) certified a process controller from Azbil—the Harmonas-DEO DOPC IV—to the...
Flowserve Water Pumps Meet New Energy Standards in Europe
MEN/ME family of end suction water pumps has been updated to meet the new ecodesign regulations set by the European Commission.
Congress passes bill to confront rising risks of cyberattack
The bill is designed to strengthen and protect the nation’s economic and national security through public-private partnerships to improve...
Epicor to supply ERP to Turbo Power Systems
Turbo Power Systems will be replacing its existing manufacturing resource planning (MRP), finance and other discrete systems, to improve efficiency...