Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Qorvo announces free e-book series that explains the Internet of Things
Internet of Things For Dummies and Internet of Things Applications For Dummies are designed to help technical and nontechnical professionals...
Webinar: Intrinsic Cyber Security Changes Everything About Automation
Bedrock Automation and Automation.com join together to present this free December 14 webinar on cyber security and how it enhances productivity and...
EtherCAT Technology Group publishes EtherCAT P technology specification
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
WSCAD releases expanded electrical CAD data library
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
Control Station announces 2017 manufacturing training schedule
Training workshops will be delivered in collaboration with the company’s Solution Partners and Product Distributors, and they will emphasize...
Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
Endress+Hauser’s Open Integration Partner Program strives to mitigate risks when commissioning customer plant by ensuring that operators can...
Egemin announces AGV pilot project at Audi logistics facility
In a pilot project, Egemin Automation will be equipping part of Audi's logistics operations at Ingolstadt with AGVs. For the project Egemin will...
Savigent announces joining of Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC)
As a member of IIC, Savigent Software will contribute its technology in manufacturing operations management software to the development of new...
InfinityQS advises manufacturers to unify data to achieve enterprise visibility
Organizations can gain visibility over disparate data and leverage it to drive strategic thinking across manufacturing operations by using strong...
Warehouse Automation Buyers Guide: A Complete Guide to AS/RS
By Dan Labell, Westfalia Technologies
One fact exists for most manufacturers and distributors: Warehouse automation stands as one of the last...