Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
FANUC America announces expansion of CNC training program
FANUC currently offers a range of training courses covering CNC maintenance, operations and programming, servo and laser maintenance, Ladder/PMC...
Opto 22 announces Node-RED nodes for industrial automation controllers
These Node-RED nodes for PACs make it easier to prototype and develop applications for connecting physical assets to cloud applications and are...
Study suggests ROI analysis could jump start new technology investment
The study suggests that, unlike with capital investments, the purchase and implementation of new technologies involves a larger and more complex...
aeSolutions and ISA develop Cybersecurity Training and Certificate program
The program is designed to help professionals involved in industrial IT and industrial control systems improve their understanding of, and acquire...
ABB releases Measurement & Analytics brochure
The 16-page brochure overviews the full range of the company's measurement and analytical products, services, and solutions for any industry,...
Rotork actuators support environmental improvement at Aberthaw Power Station
Through the use of automation that includes Rotork valve actuation, Aberthaw can efficiently generate around 1555 MW of electricity for the...
MAVERICK uses DCSNext solution to move DCS migration project to final phase
DCSNext capabilities allow INEOS Styrolution to avoid any additional downtime during migration and leverage the complete benefits of the latest...
Measuring Bearing Vibration Levels
By CAS Dataloggers
The diagnosis of bearing damage in roller bearings is an integral part of servicing and maintenance tasks. This whitepaper...
Real World Results When Demand-Driven Production Planning and Scheduling is Synchronized
By Thomas R. Cutler and John Maher
In today’s complex manufacturing environments, the physical processes of manufacturing involve so many moving...
CISCO Live 2016: Disruption, Data Communications to Drive Industrial Success
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Attending Cisco Live 2016, it is clearer than ever that to be successful, industry needs to leverage the...