Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
PI releases catalog of magnetic direct drive and air bearing solutions
The catalog covers the scope of PI's magnetic direct drives and air bearing technology solutions, including actuators, linear stages, multi-axis...
Festo introduces Online Handling Guide configurator for robots
This productivity tool is designed to reduce engineering overhead for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and speed delivery to laboratory...
Alicat announces LabVIEW Device Drivers as free download
Available for free download, the device drivers enable users to develop control interfaces to Alicat instruments, without PLC programming skills.
PMMI announces release of Mechanical Components 2 certification test
The Mechanical Components 2 evaluates the candidate's mastery of the principles and application of mechanical components such as clutches, brakes,...
Metrics that Matter in an IoT World - FREE eBook
Automation.com's latest free resource presents the 2015-2016 results of the biennial Metrics that Matter study, showing readers how the potential...
Safety Instrumented Systems Verification—Practical Probabilistic Calculations - $85.00
This book clearly explains how to do probabilistic calculations to accomplish SIL verification for safety systems. Starting with a description of...
Real-Time Execution for IEC 61499 - $70.00
By Alois Zoitl
This book discusses real-time execution of the models defined in the IEC 61499 standard with a closer look at predictable,...
Industrial Automation BEIJING 2016: Solid growth for Chinese smart manufacturing
The International Intelligent Manufacturing Conference, on Wednesday, May 11, compared China’s “Made in China 2025”, Germany’s “Industry...
Expect Restrained Growth in Industrial Cybersecurity Spending
By: Brian Arbuckle, IHS Technology
The total market for industrial cybersecurity products reached $782 million in 2015 and is expected to grow...