Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Emerson releases RTU and HART configuration suite
The software suite enables local and remote configuration and real-time HART device monitoring in remote oil and gas applications such as wellhead...
Dwyer publishes 2015 instrumentation and controls CD
CD contains product pricing, applications, dimensions, specifications and tutorial videos.
Tooling U-SME announces Competency Framework training
Competency Framework helps companies combat the increasing talent shortage and achieve stronger performance from their workforce.
Essential Asset Monitoring Video
The short video talks about Essential Asset Monitoring and how a few number of essential assets: heat exchangers, pumps, blowers, air-cooled heat...
EPLAN releases Experience
EPLAN Experience knowledge-driven program aims to optimize engineering efficiency.
Baumer obtains UL listing for CleverLevel level switch
CleverLevel LBFS/LFFS level switch has been listed by the American Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL).
Deploying 802.11 Wireless LAN Technology
By Rockwell Automation and Cisco
Design and implementation guide outlines the key requirements and design considerations to help successful...
Secomea SiteManage is security certified by ProtectEM
The remote access solution consists of a control unit at the factory (SiteManager) in form of either hardware or software and a Web- or Windows...
Rotork to supply electro-hydraulic actuators for oil pipeline in Colombia
Rotork EH electro-hydraulic actuators will be used for failsafe valve control on the Colombian Bicentennial Pipeline, which will have a capacity...
InfinityQS software Helps General Cable cut raw material costs
General Cable deployed InfinityQS ProFicient, an enterprise quality platform powered by a centralized statistical process control (SPC) analytical...