Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Helukabel publishes aluminum cable catalog
The catalog discusses the advantages and special characteristics related to the use of aluminum cables, and provides important facts that might...
Haydon Kerk starts Catalyst Motion Group
Catalyst Motion Group is a supplier of precision linear and rotary motion systems from the very simple to the very complex, and at any level of...
European Automation publishes industry report on OPC UA
Report covers the importance of the machine to machine (M2M) communication protocol OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) in achieving Industry 4.0...
ADLINK announces Intelligent IoT Gateway Starter Kit
IoT Gateway Starter Kit simplifies device-cloud connection, accelerates IoT application development, and speeds deployment for a wide variety of...
Okuma adds Machining Calculator to app store
Sandvik Coromant’s machining calculator aids users in estimating optimal cut settings to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
Characteristics of Filling Systems
In principle, filling is a dosing process, only much faster. Product that has been produced in one batch, is now filled in multiple...
Filling Systems for Liquids
This White Paper discusses the challenges, options and solutions for process manufacturers when packaging products for consumers and/or...
Harting celebrates 70th anniversary
On September 1, 1945, Wilhelm and Marie Harting launched the company “Wilhelm Harting Mechanische Werkstätten“ in a 100 square meter hall of a...
Progea signs Automation Supply as distributor
Automation Supply will cover Arizona, New Mexico, Southern Nevada and the Country of Mexico.
TASI Acquires SignalFire Telemetry
SignalFire designs and manufactures specialized wireless mesh networking systems for uses in challenging and hazardous locations.