Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Reliable Controls releases myControl app
Configured by a Reliable Controls Authorized Dealer, the myControl mobile app offers fully customized mobile interfaces to any Reliable Controls...
Endress+Hauser Announces May-June 2015 Training Courses
Classes are a combination of classroom and hands-on training on either the Endress+Hauser Process Training Unit (PTU) or live instruments in...
Micro-Epsilon publishes Measurement Product Guide
Guide covers sensors for displacement, distance, position and length measurement, 2D/3D laser sensors for dimensional measurements, and more
Okuma offers Video Series for Machine Tool Apps
Videos show simple steps for installing machine tool apps on Okuma CNC controls to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
Video Highlights Removable Electronics Module on IPX2 I/P Transmitter
Video features a step-by-step walkthrough of how to remove the electronics module of the IPX2 using a 3mm Allen wrench and a small Phillips head...
B&R opens subsidiary in Singapore
The office serves the entire Southeast Asia region, and is spearheaded by General Manager Mark Meng.
Raima to supply RDM Workgroup database to ETM
ETM will use the RDM Workgroup database as a core element of the SIMATIC WinCC SCADA system.
FDT Group Announces Board Changes
Lee Lane, Business Director at Rockwell Automation, is now Chairman of the FDT Board of Directors.
Kirkwood Community College uses Automation Federation’s guidelines
The Automation and Instrumentation Technologies program is based on the Automation Federation’s Automation Competency Model framework.
Patti Engineering Opens Office in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Patti Engineering Senior Electrical Engineer, Joseph Palace, has been promoted to Director of Tennessee Operations and will be managing the office...