Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
ABB releases update for System 800xA Minerals Library
The latest version expands plant operators’ ability to monitor and control safe production through direct object linking
NEMA releases revised version of NEMA MG 1 Motors and Generators guide
NEMA MG 1 addresses new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) regulations that require motor manufacturers to comply with efficiency targets. The new...
On-demand Webinar: Implementing Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Yields Big Results
This on-demand webinar will show Dell has used a strong history in manufacturing and value in partnership to build their IoT solutions partner...
Webinar: Increase Production and Optimize Manufacturing Processes Using Simulation
The webinar will show how engineers, production managers, and decision makers can rapidly assess the options for adapting an existing line to make...
Webinar: Digitalizing Predictive Maintenance
Learn how new technological advances are resolving not only these issues but also allowing for new value to be realized through the digitalization...
Open Process Automation Movement Taking Form at ExxonMobil's 2nd Industry Day
By Bill Lydon, Automation.com
The event, a follow-on to the successful 1st End User Industry Day event in June, provided the opportunity for more...
Beckhoff opens Texas sales and support facility
The eighth such regional facility in the U.S., the Plano facility includes sales offices, engineering labs and training facilities. This 2,600...
SMTA presents Nordson with SMTA Corporate Partnership Award
Nordson was recognized for its willingness to share technical knowledge with others in the electronics manufacturing industry as evidenced by the...
Zenith announces James O'Brien to lead MES business
In his role as MES business unit lead, James will use his background in software development, consultancy and technology implementation to continue...
ISA and the Automation Federation draw attention to the growing need for skilled manufacturing...
A pressing challenge facing manufacturers in the US is the growing skills gap. Experts project that over the next 10 years nearly 3.5 million...