Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
ISA publishes second edition Industrial Automation and Control System Security Principles
The title of the second edition—Industrial Automation and Control System Security Principles: Protecting the Critical Infrastructure—was...
EXAIR releases Catalog 30 technical guide
The full color technical guide offers solutions to common industrial conveying, cooling, cleaning, blowoff, drying, coating and static electricity...
QY Research releases 2016 Market Research Report for Substation Automation
The Substation Automation market analysis is provided for the international market including development history, competitive landscape analysis,...
EtherCAT Technology Group releases version 2.0 of Conformance Test Tool
The EtherCAT Conformance Test Tool, or CTT, is the official reference tool for specifying compliant implementation of EtherCAT technology into...
NGRAIN announces open-source Viewer for Android
NGRAIN Viewer for Android offers organizations working with heavy equipment, assemblies, and other industrial assets in the field, the opportunity...
OT Security Management and its Importance in the Manufacturing Industry
By Eli Mahal, NextNine
Monitoring equipment and taking informed decisions is easier through IIoT and the remediation of technical problems and...
Cyber Security: Where Does the Reasoning Begin?
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Usually during cybersecurity presentations, the speakers talk about serious consequences of cyber security...
The Benefits of ICS Network Monitoring Throughout the Entire Industrial Control System’s...
By Preston Futrell, NexDefense
ICS network monitoring can help maintain the reliability of mission critical equipment. It does so by providing...
Surlean Foods chooses noax' industrial hardware for weighing and packaging in custom-food...
To meet customers’ complex custom-batch processing requirements, Surlean Foods chose noax industrial touchscreen computers to support their...
HCC Embedded announces acquisition of InterNiche Technologies
HCC provides data storage and communications software solutions that keep IoT data secure, encrypted, reliable, and fast. InterNiche is known for...