BOOKSTORE The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Foundation Fieldbus, 4th Edition - $89.00
Author(s): Ian Verhappen and Augusto Pereira
Publication Date: 2012
Type Available: Paperback
Details: Softbound, 200 pages
The fourth edition of Foundation Fieldbus significantly expands the subject matter of the earlier editions of this popular book not only to help you stay current with this evolving technology but to also enhance your understanding of Fieldbus. This edition provides in-depth coverage on Fieldbus communications and configuration, including calculation of macrocycle for Control-In-Field and in the Host system and how the different forms of communication on the H1 network work with each other to make Control-In-Field possible, including the use of these different methods to optimize network bandwidth.
Part of the field network evolutionary process includes a need to understand better how the changes in Electronic Device Description Language (EDDL), Field Device Tool (FDT), and Field Device Integration (FDI) will affect the way Fieldbus and other networks work together with asset management systems of the future, and your interaction with field devices.
More comprehensive step-by-step procedures are discussed for each stage of a typical FF installation: Inspection and electric commissioning to ensure cable integrity, H1 Network commissioning, configuration, and communications tests in the segments and the spurs. Several new photographs and explanations help emphasize the proper installation procedures so you can quickly identify and prevent potential problems when installing Fieldbus systems.
The contents of the entire book are then put to use with a full sample network design. The example is based on a typical simplified distillation tower and includes sample calculations/documentation-based.
The fourth edition explains Foundation Fieldbus in a convenient, easy-to-understand way, regardless of your level of experience; a novice wanting to learn what FF is all about or an experienced user looking for a few more tips and a single handy reference.
- Successful Instrumentation and Control Systems Design, 2nd Edition (with CD) - $119.00
- Control Systems Engineer Technical Reference Handbook - $89.00
- Good Tuning: A Pocket Guide, 3rd Edition - $59.00
- Practical Project Management: Learning to Manage the Professional, 2nd Edition - $89.00
- Practical Thermocouple Thermometry, 2nd Edition - $89.00
- Advanced Control Foundation - $119.00
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- Lantronix Announces M2M Design Contest
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Big changes ahead for Fieldbus Foundation on the eve of twentieth anniversary
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs