BOOKSTORE The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Good Tuning: A Pocket Guide, 3rd Edition - $59.00
Author(s): Gregory K. McMillan
Publication Date: 2012
Type Available: Paperback
Details: Softbound, 244 pages
Every practicing instrument, process control, and process engineer will want to have this practical and to-the-point pocket guide on good tuning. Good Tuning: A Pocket Guide, Third Edition is a portable, concise summary of all the practical considerations for tuning loops. It includes step-by-step descriptions of the three best field-proven tuning procedures, a table of typical tuning settings, a summary of valve performance problems, logic diagrams for troubleshooting, and more than 70 “rules of thumb”. Wherever you have data and tuning access, you can estimate the settings for configuring new loops to review and improve the tuning of existing loops.
The PID controller has an incredible number of options and parameters besides tuning settings. Most of the power of the PID remains untapped. This third edition provides process dynamic responses, a PID checklist, and simple equations to estimate loop performance from tuning settings to take advantage of the full capability of the PID. The understanding of the interrelationship between the process, tuning, performance, and PID features enables automation and process engineers to work together to improve process efficiency and capacity.
Also featured are methods for reducing valve backlash and sticktion and preventing excessive sensor lag and noise. Finally, this edition includes adaptive controls and the application recommendations and considerations for batch control, boilers, crystallizers, columns, dryers, evaporators, extruders, neutralizers, reactors, and many other types of process equipment.
- Successful Instrumentation and Control Systems Design, 2nd Edition (with CD) - $119.00
- Foundation Fieldbus, 4th Edition - $89.00
- Control Systems Engineer Technical Reference Handbook - $89.00
- Practical Project Management: Learning to Manage the Professional, 2nd Edition - $89.00
- Practical Thermocouple Thermometry, 2nd Edition - $89.00
- Advanced Control Foundation - $119.00
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Four key benefits of integrated safety control networks
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- OPC Foundation open standards
- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Next frontier: Operator-automation relationship
- ISA announces 2014 technical division symposia
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Cooling Electrical Panels in Waste Water Treatment Applications
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa