Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Wibu-Systems' CodeMeter used by Fritz Stephan to secure medical devices
CodeMeter protects the company’s intellectual property against counterfeiting and reverse engineering, safeguards its EVE devices from tampering,...
Honeywell to provide process control for Chinese petrochemical company
Honeywell UOP will supply a range of technologies in the form of license, design, key equipment, and state-of-the-art catalysts and adsorbents,...
Greer Industries chooses Emerson's Powerdrive FX variable speed drive to enhance mining production
The product is being used as a regenerative drive on a downhill conveyor at one of the company’s limestone mining facilities. Leroy-Somer was...
ELNOR delivers automated coffee grinding for MAHLKÖNIG
To meet MAHLKÖNIG’s high-precision requirements, ELNOR ensures accurate production and assembly of its motor parts. Engineers from ELNOR perform...
Domus Logistics chooses Egemin to automate new distribution center
The DC will allow Domus Logistics to save up to 5,000 truck transports per year. The activities of five of its external partners will also be...
InfinityQS Report: Enterprise visibility is the first step to Industry 4.0
InfinityQS found in its recent survey of 260 manufacturers that 75% of respondents are still manually collecting data. 47% of those rely on pencil...
Rockwell Automation and Claroty announce partnership to build cybersecurity solutions
After a competitive review process, Rockwell Automation selected Claroty for the company’s anomaly-detection software purpose built for...
Werum announces service partnership with EIS
Since January 1, 2017, EIS is thus a "PAS-X Endorsed Service Partner" and will support Werum customers in Europe and in the USA in the...
Fluke's 279 FC thermal multimeter wins Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Award
The 279 FC Thermal Multimeter is a test tool designed to integrate an RMS digital multimeter with a thermal camera in one device to speed...
How Are Companies Getting Value from Data Science Production?
By Florian Douetteau, Dataiku
Data science software maker, Dataiku, recently completed a worldwide survey that asked thousands of companies: how...