Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Tajj Group chooses Menzel to replace defective motors
Menzel Elektromotoren GmbH was chosen to replace defective motors after an internet search. The original motors had failed after only two years of...
Emerson delivers automation solution and energy savings to Tech Folien
Tech Folien turned to Emerson official partner RJW, who designed and installed a motor solution which delivered energy savings of over 75%.
Emerson drives used to streamline port crane application
Measuring over 100m wide and over 60m high and with a lifting capacity of 45t, the port crane was revamped by Apator Control, adding Emerson's...
SITA's baggage robot automates Geneva Airport bag drop
Leo, the fully autonomous baggage robot, has the capacity to check in, print bag tags and transport up to two suitcases with a maximum weight of...
Fuji Electric supplies VG Drive for bridge testing facility
The Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing (BEAST) lab, located at Rutgers University in Piscataway, NJ will provide valuable data...
Virtualizing Your Network: Benefits and Challenges
This white paper is not a prescriptive guide to network virtualization, rather it is a high-level overview focused on the benefits and challenges...
Industrial Automation BEIJING 2016: Solid growth for Chinese smart manufacturing
The International Intelligent Manufacturing Conference, on Wednesday, May 11, compared China’s “Made in China 2025”, Germany’s “Industry...
Expect Restrained Growth in Industrial Cybersecurity Spending
By: Brian Arbuckle, IHS Technology
The total market for industrial cybersecurity products reached $782 million in 2015 and is expected to grow...
Preventive Maintenance, Third Edition - $70.00
This third edition of a best-selling classic shows how the investment in a preventive maintenance program repays a company in longer equipment...
Pinto's Points: How to Win in the Automation Business - $20.00
By Jim Pinto
An updated and enhanced collection of ISA’s “Pinto’s Points” columns, the book covers management topics, globalization,...