Intelligent-Appliance monitors Security Fencing
July 8, 2013 -The SabraFence Perimeter Defense System allows early intrusion detection. The system uses a combination of sensing capabilities, a self analytical “Intelligent” capability and existing infrastructures and perimeters (for example: walls, different types of fences or corrugated materials). The system implements many innovatiove technologies in the Secutiry and Defense field, such as:
- Temperature Sensors- measures and reports unusual changes in the environmental temperature in proximity of the sensor.
- Magnetic sensor (for fence protection)- using a built in magnetic sensor, the system can report events and opening / closing of relays or movement.
- Expantion- possibility of adding extra sensors logging a local event on the fence
- All sensors in one- All of these capabilities (sensing Temperature, Motion Vibration, Magnetic discharge) are built-into each sensor, thus allowing each sensor to detect different inputs uppon demand.
- Active and Passive- the unique sensors both passivly detect incomming changes in the enviroment, and can also be actively operated from afar by the control unit, thus allowing, for example, an electromagnetic test on each sensor from the control unit or switching the sensor mode from motion to temperature on demand.
- Unique Software Management- designed to allow management of the entire security interface from the control unit. This includes management of patrols by maintaining records of reported patrols of the site. Reporting is carried out directly on the sensor installed on top of infrastructure. Sensors send signals to a central control box which can transfer the information to different reporting systems, such as alarm systems, dry contacts, cameras, etc.
- Add on System- using existing resources and also new by simply adding on the new system
SabraFence perimeter defense systems are sold world wide in the U.S.A, Australia, Central and South America and Europe and have been proven in the field for years.
Sabra uses the IA-2116-U a 16-ch 2Amp, 30VDC Common Shared SPDT, USB Relay Controller Board and the IA-2104-U a 4-ch, 240VAC, 8Amp, SPDT Relay, USB Relay Controller Board, in the first multiple sensing transducer for perimeter detection.
They are the connection between the sensor system in the field to both the alarm system and the controlling unit of the entire facility. There is one module in each fencing system, the IA-2104-U for smaller systems and the IA-2116-U for larger systems. The Dry Contact on the Relay Board is responsible for activating either the alarm system of sending a text message to the control unit once one of the sensors in the field is activated, and operate cameras to see the place on the fence.
The decision to use Intelligent-Appliances Modules was based on their performance in the field, the fact that they are both open frame and have DIN-Rail mounting ability, the flexible amount of relays (4 or 16 or 32 as appose to the generic 6 relays), pricing, fast delivery time and extensive technical support and service. Another two distinctive advantages for the IA-2116-U is the small volume footprint it leaves. For a 16 relay module it is very small, leaving room in the cabinet for other necessary devices. In addition its wiring very effective because it is built in on the board.
Yishai Hatsir from SabraFence on the modules: “Since starting the project the modules have proven themselves in the field and we received high quality service and very good lead times”.
MORE CASE STUDIES
CADENAS software used to automate LUCAS' robot quote generation
The assemblies of LUCAS are modular and built with numerous variable properties. The primary goal therefore was to automate the preparation of...
Honeywell's control and safety systems selected for Turkish natural gas pipeline
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...
Senix helps Murray Irrigation automate level measurement
Murray Irrigation, Australia's largest privately owned irrigation company, is automating its 3,000 kilometers of gravity-fed irrigation channels in...
Magic Software's Magic xpi platform fosters application integration for Suntory Food & Beverage
On the look out to replace its existing ETL solution with an EAI solution, Orangina Suntory France implemented a first project using the Magic xpi...
Emerson provides Roxar reservoir modeling software to Kuwait Oil Company
Emerson’s Roxar RMS reservoir modeling software includes a variety of different modules covering well correlation, mapping, structural modeling,...
Webinar: Intrinsic Cyber Security Changes Everything About Automation
Bedrock Automation and Automation.com join together to present this free December 14 webinar on cyber security and how it enhances productivity and...
Fluke products named finalists for Plant Engineering 2016 Product of the Year Awards
Fluke Condition Monitoring and the Fluke 279 FC Thermal Multimeter are finalists in the Maintenance Tools and Equipment category. The awards honor...
SWEMCO chooses FactoryLogix MES for factory visibility
As a provider for Fortune 500 companies, government entities, and privately-held businesses throughout North America, SWEMCO has used Aegis...
EtherCAT Technology Group publishes EtherCAT P technology specification
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
Abaco Systems announces Kevin Campbell as Vice President of Engineering
Campbell’s appointment is the latest addition to the company’s growing pool of talent, which has seen Abaco grow from ~600 employees in...