The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
WEISS completes dial plate to facilitate Jerit robotics
The design incorporates two robots−one SCARA (Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm) robot for glue dispensing, and one 6-axis robot for part...
Westfalia enables automated storage for Glenmore Distillery
With Westfalia’s automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) and Savanna.NET warehouse execution system (WES), the 223,000 square-foot...
Unisom's 30mm tube bender used to boost manufacturer's productivity
The 30 mm bender was specially designed by Unison to improve Crisp Clean Services's production efficiency and flexibility in manufacturing their...
Emak chooses Emerson motor in smoke extraction fan application
Based in Istanbul, Turkey, Emak Fan Industries Inc. chose a modular, dedicated motor and drive solution from Emerson for its latest smoke...
Case Study: Automated Handling of Ultra Thin Wafers
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Cubatic Technology is an innovator in system automation and engineering design. Specializing in customizable...
Capacitive Vs Thermal MEMS for High-Vibration Applications
By James Fennally, MEMSIC
In most cases, equipment designers have a choice between capacitive-based or thermal MEMS (microelectromechanical)...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
AXOOM, Nebbiolo partner with C-Labs to implement IoT software
Industrial IoT is estimated to become a $151 billion market by 2020 but security and complexity are slowing adoption
Flow Measurement, Second Edition - $135.00
By David W. Spitzer
The industry’s most authoritative handbook on flow measurement provides a road map to the field of flow measurement. This...
ISA releases advance program for its 16th ISA LDAR-Fugitive Emissions Symposium
ISA’s LDAR Symposium is the longest-running technical conference in America devoted solely to LDAR and air compliance professionals and their...