The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Gas analyzers help get approval for Nord Stream gas pipeline
Systems integrator Hint and Nord Stream built gas analyzers that can determine, on the basis of the samples, the blend’s composition. This helped...
Process Control for Energy Production Enters Deeper Waters
OLDI Special Applications Module extends reach of Allen-Bradley ControlLogix controllers in subsea oil drilling by providing higher data volumes...
Innominate secures remote maintenance for FRIMO
FRIMO has integrated 80 remote service connectivity solutions. Using VNC (virtual network computing) software, the entire screen content of the...
PLC version control software cuts machine downtime at SWEP
By introducing change management and version control software from for all its PLCs in five production plants, heat exchanger manufacturer SWEP has...
Emerson cuts greenhouse gases for Qatargas
Emerson provided automation and engineering services for a Qatargas project that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 1.6 million tonnes...
Electric Motors Market to Reach $129 Billion by 2020
In 2014, Asia Pacific accounted for the highest revenue generating region in world electric motors market followed by Europe.
KPMG joins ISA Security Compliance Institute
Japan-based KPMG Consulting Co., Ltd. joined the ISA Security Compliance Institute as a technical member.
August Manufacturing Technology Orders Down
August U.S. manufacturing technology orders totaled $285.92 million, down 10.2% from July’s $318.48 million and down 21.2% when compared with the...
Endress+Hauser signs IAC as rep in Arizona and New Mexico
Instrumentation and Controls, (IAC) is now the single-source provider of Endress+Hauser products and solutions in the State of Arizona and...
Europe wants to rent Test & Measurement equipment
Frost & Sullivan says European companies can’t afford to buy test equipment, so they want to rent it instead.