The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Heaven Hill Brands selects Westfalia Technologies to automate Bardstown facility
Using Westfalia’s automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) integrated with a layer pick system, Heaven Hill will optimize the storage and...
Surlean Foods chooses noax' industrial hardware for weighing and packaging in custom-food...
To meet customers’ complex custom-batch processing requirements, Surlean Foods chose noax industrial touchscreen computers to support their...
Levarys chooses Qorvo's ZigBee chips to facilitate smart home automation
Levarys’ Luna Smart Home System consists of thermostats, smart radiator valves; temperature, door and window sensors, and smart plugs that are...
Emerson helps launch waste-to-energy plant in Poland
Emerson automation experts provided control system design, engineering and commissioning services that were critical to the successful and...
HIMA delivers burner management systems to INPEX' Australian facilities
HIMA is providing BMS design, engineering and integration from the office in Houston, Texas, while commissioning and additional services will be...
Allied Electronics announces expansion into South America
The Santiago-based Allied Chile office is the first in South America. Allied Electronics will continue to expand in this region in the next 12 to...
Energy efficiency is the focus of Fluid Power Track at IMTS 2016
Senior level discussions about the latest innovations in hydraulics and pneumatics equipment utilized to lower manufacturers’ energy consumption...
ISA publishes second edition Industrial Automation and Control System Security Principles
The title of the second edition—Industrial Automation and Control System Security Principles: Protecting the Critical Infrastructure—was...
10 Things You Need to Know About Precision Displacement Measurement
Chris Jones, Managing Director at Micro-Epsilon UK, outlines the 10 most important factors to consider before purchasing a non-contact displacement...
EXAIR releases Catalog 30 technical guide
The full color technical guide offers solutions to common industrial conveying, cooling, cleaning, blowoff, drying, coating and static electricity...