The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Boulting upgrades pumps at 90 year-old pump station
The original pumps are connected to new high performance motors and gearboxes, close to the oldest static steam driven pump, which will be kept as...
Rotork valve actuators control coal mine degassing
Salcan Process Technology uses the Rotork actuated control valve to control the flow of gas while maintaining back pressure in the coal seam.
Moxa networks Bonfiglioli solar systems
Bonfiglioli is deploying Moxa Modbus gateways, network switches, Ethernet I/O, and serial-to-Ethernet controllers in its turnkey solar solutions.
Vision system controls and sorts metal and plastic parts
Twelve Manta G-223B cameras from Allied Vision are being used by GEFRA to inspect screw joints for the brake lines of vehicles.
Stahlin Enclosures prevent corrosion in Detroit water treatment plant
Commerce Controls installed Stahlin non-metallic enclosures on filter control panels and a phosphoric chemical dosing panel at the City of Detroit,...
Robotic Welding Advantages
By Tom Bonine, National Metal Fabricators
Robotic welding is highly cost-effective, especially for longer production runs where programming time...
AutomationDirect adds Hubbell-Wiegmann enclosures
AutomationDirect has added over 360 NEMA 4/12 and 4/4X/12 enclosures.
Omron to acquire Delta Tau Data Systems
Delta Tau Data Systems of California is a developer, manufacturer, and supplier of innovative, high-performance motion controllers.
Smart and Mobile Supply Chain Solutions Market
The global smart and mobile supply chain solutions market was valued at US$ 7,095.3 Mn in 2013 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 13.2% during...
Global Access Control and Authentication Market
The global Access Control and Authentication market is expected to reach a value of US$ 49,890.3 Mn by 2020. The market would grow at an estimated...