The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Copenhagen cooks its valve actuators
The Metropolitan Copenhagen Heating Transmission Company (CTR) installed Rotork IQ3 valve actuators to replace actuators that suffered permanent...
Vision System Automates Mining Bridge Conveyor
HINZ developed a machine vision system that automatically measures the amount and distribution of potash on a mining conveyor as it is loaded by...
Ford switches from sensors to vision for body panel inspection
Traditionally, body panels are inspected by using a robot to present the part to an array of proximity switches. Ford improved on this method by...
Vision System helps Exide read battery labels
Exide had difficulties in reading 2D data matrix codes burned into plastic with a laser burner. The problem was solved by switching to image-based...
Farsens’s RFID sensor tags monitor data center conditions
RFID sensor tags do not require batteries to monitor temperature, pressure and humidity of equipment remotely.
Passive RFID market reaches $8.89 billion
The RFID market is worth $8.89 billion, up from $7.77 billion in 2013 and $6.96 billion in 2012. This includes tags, readers and software/services...
Eplan Electric P8 adds Mitusbishi's GX Works2
The integration of Eplan Electric P8 and GX Works2 allows transferring data from electrical engineering directly into PLC programming.
SDI-12 Protocol Provides Benefits in Environmental Data Acquisition (EDA)
By Cindy Hollenbeck, SoftPLC
SDI-12 stands for serial data interface at 1200 baud. It is a standard communications protocol to interface...
Unico uses wireless ID readers to boost production 40%
Unico Systems, a manufacturer of home air conditioning and heating systems, uses Cognex wireless handheld scanners to read barcodes on the product,...
WIN-911 Opens Office in Grenoble, France
The European office will deliver channel partner and technical support for alarm notification software to European, Middle Eastern, and African...