The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Hint automates metering and allocation software for offshore oil and gas
Hint automated a metering and allocation system for ENGIE that collects all data for the allocation of proceeds from oil and gas sales.
Westermo data networks serve twin Spanish solar power plants
Ethernet-based networks have been installed to support the control of 225,000 mirrors at the twin La Florida and La Dehesa concentrating solar...
ABB checks tea bags at Burrows Paper
An ABB QCS controls PM12, the paper machine that produces EcoInfuse filtration paper for tea bags.
ITAMCO connects its forklifts to the Industrial Internet of Things
Each forklift is linked to ITAMCO’s ERP system through its GPS and an application on a smart tablet mounted in the forklift.
Egemin automates production site of Total Oil Asia Pacific
The lubricant oil-blending plant of Total Oil Asia Pacific in Singapore uses Egemin AGVs to transfer pallets from the four filling lines in the...
FDT Technology Development: Expanding the Horizon of Device and Network Integration
By Glenn Schulz, Managing Director, FDT Group
FDT Technology holds the key to integrating a wide range of devices and networks in today’s...
New Rockwell Automation Products from Automation Fair 2015
By Bill Lydon, Editor
The event was described as a showcase of the latest advances in manufacturing and industrial automation enabled by the...
Remote Services for PLCs
By Sina Kopacz, MB Connect
White paper describes MB Connect's remote service platform that allows direct monitoring of machinery and equipment...
ISA publishes third edition of CSE examination study guide
The third edition features more comprehensive coverage of pertinent subject matter and new calculations, sample problems and tables for improved...
ABB publishes ProcessMaster magmeter leaflet
Twelve-page leaflet describes how ProcessMaster electromagnetic flowmeter serves applications of the oil and gas industry.