The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Casa Systems chooses Omnify Empower PLM software to manage engineering products
Casa Systems was growing and they needed to find a solution to support formal engineering change control processes in order to eliminate issues...
Carolina Color chooses Liad to automate color delivery product line
Carolina Color faced an interesting business decision arising from the launch of two new coloring technologies. Carolina Colors decided to find an...
Rotork provides automated shut-off for heating pipelines in Northern Sweden bridge
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
Lakeview Farms uses Leading2Lean's CloudDISPATCH system to cut downtime by 34 percent
Six months after implementing Leading2Lean’s CloudDISPATCH system, however, Lakeview Farms experienced a 34 percent decrease in line downtime, a...
Kamstrup helps Aalborg District Heating automate meter reading system
The investment includes 38,000 intelligent heat meters and a fully automatic remote reading system from Kamstrup. This large project begins in...
Empowering the Workforce to Control the Future of Automation
By Peter Martin, Schneider Electric Process Automation
Connected products are expected to approach 30 billion by 2020, with utilities,...
T&M Associates announces Victor Acosta as CAD Manager
Acosta brings nearly 20 years of experience in implementing design standards and quality procedures and leveraging burgeoning technologies to...
Okuma to highlight automated machining advancements at NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable
The NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable at Modern Industries in Phoenix, Arizona will discuss the various types of automation devices that make...
Emerson to help EPH Lynemouth Power automate biomass-fueled power plant
When the conversion is complete in late 2017, the plant, near Newcastle in the United Kingdom, will be fueled by approximately 1.4 million tons of...
Gilman Precision announces Donald Hunkel as new application engineer
In his current role, Don’s objective is to assist customers in overcoming engineering challenges and produce customized products that achieve the...