The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Rotork CMA actuators enable shale gas well compliance
An unnamed shale gas company in Louisiana installed Rotork CMA actuators run by solar panels to replace existing actuation equipment and control a...
OPC UA in the Large Hadron Collider
The Detector Control System (DCS), part of the LHS, uses more than 5000 CANopen nodes. The link between the Scada layer and CANopen is realized by...
Water Corporation of Australia Implements Change Management software
The software from MDT manages changes to 16,000 programmable devices in remote areas across the continent and reduces safety risks to employees...
Kollmorgen servo technology bends panels into better shape
Salvagnini is using distributed servo amplifiers for positioning, instead of keeping drives installed centrally in the control cabinet.
British Fruit Grower weighs in red and green
Red says balance contents are not yet in an acceptable tolerance range, and green tells an operator to move onto the next weigh.
Diakont Now Delivering a New Product Line of Advanced Roller Screw Actuators
Diakont, a leading high-tech company that provides industrial motion control solutions to the energy industries, introduced the DA Series product...
Fives offers ProCheck machinery evaluation
A ProCheck inspection takes less than three hours and includes a detailed report, all for $600 per machine.
Endress+Hauser opens office in Finland
Endress+Hauser Oy will be the exclusive provider of Endress+Hauser field devices and related solutions and services in the Finnish market.
Cables in Motion Diagnostics
Cables in motion experience fatigue causing complete or intermittent failures whether or not that motion is constant. Fortunately,...
ISA introduces cybersecurity courses and certificate programs
Courses include Using the ANSI/ISA-62443 Standards to Secure Your Industrial Control System); Cybersecurity for Automation, Control, and SCADA...