The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
HIMA upgrades safety at Aspropyrgos refinery
Greek oil company installs six HIMA safety systems to protect the refinery’s FCC complex, LPG spheres and circulation network, diesel...
Progea supports Enerclean Project
Production of hydrogen and electricity at zero emissions, thanks to aluminum combustion.
Cognex sees sticks at sawmill stacker
Cognex helps AMS Solutions’ IdealSTICK vision-based stick inspection system improve stick reject detection at the sawmill stacker.
Noax PCs track fish at Acme Smoked Fish
Acme needed an industrial computer that was designed to operate reliably in the toughest conditions—a salmon processing plant.
Condition monitoring of fan units prevents unplanned downtime at thermal paper plant
At Mitsubishi HiTec Paper Europe in Bielefeld, Germany, 26 FAG SmartCheck systems from Schaeffler monitor fans for any signs of abnormal vibration.
Rockwell Automation offers Batch Application Toolkit
Free toolkit contains a collection of application examples, videos, documentation and ISA-88 compliant sample code to provide technical guidance...
RIA appoints Carole Franklin Director of Standards Development
Franklin is an expert project manager and facilitator whose work with consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton included process improvement and...
The story behind the data
By Robert Golightly, AspenTech
The inside story of operational intelligence lies in rich visualization and analytics capabilities that improve...
Endress+Hauser starts Open Integration partner program
The program includes AUMA, HIMA Paul Hildebrandt, Honeywell Process Solutions, Mitsubishi Electric, Pepperl+Fuchs, Rockwell Automation, R. STAHL...
Rockwell Automation updates Integrated Architecture Portfolio
The portfolio includes an Allen-Bradley controller, graphic terminal, servo drive and distributed I/O system, as well as the latest release of the...