The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
ABB's Dodge CST drive system improves conveyor reliability at Norwegian mine
ABB’s Dodge controlled start transmission (CST) drive system is helping prevent repeated breakdowns of a 700 meter (m) conveyor at a Norwegian...
Control Techniques magnet motor reduces energy usage for dairy producer
The solution, which also features a Leroy-Somer Powerdrive high-power modular drive, is being used in an industrial refrigeration system that cools...
Cognex and Carter Controls provide automatic ID readers for vitamin retailer warehouse
The challenge for the integrator that designed and installed the automation system was to find an ID reader that could deliver near 100% read...
Renishaw joins Airbus efforts to automate aircraft wing manufacturing
The £17.7 million project, being led by Airbus in the UK, is to develop an innovative way of designing and manufacturing aircraft wings, which...
Prediktor's Apis software used by Statoil as OPC UA gateway
The overall objective of the delivery is to provide a standardized and unified way of accessing operational data from different assets via...
Real World Results When Demand-Driven Production Planning and Scheduling is Synchronized
By Thomas R. Cutler and John Maher
In today’s complex manufacturing environments, the physical processes of manufacturing involve so many moving...
Keeping Industrial Automation Fit and Healthy
By Jonathan Wilkins, EU Automation
discusses how this new development helps bring legacy systems forward.
Best Industrial Networking Practices of Machine Vision Systems
In order to provide smooth production processes with critical machine vision applications, building a rugged Ethernet network is...
ZENITH announces opening of two California offices
The decision to open the new offices comes following an increase in demand for its automation manufacturing software systems and the significant...
2016 ISA Water/Wastewater & Automatic Controls event draws 165 global attendees
The Symposium focused on the needs of automation professionals and on the varied challenges associated with automation and instrumentation in the...