The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Wibu-Systems' CodeMeter used by Fritz Stephan to secure medical devices
CodeMeter protects the company’s intellectual property against counterfeiting and reverse engineering, safeguards its EVE devices from tampering,...
Honeywell to provide process control for Chinese petrochemical company
Honeywell UOP will supply a range of technologies in the form of license, design, key equipment, and state-of-the-art catalysts and adsorbents,...
Greer Industries chooses Emerson's Powerdrive FX variable speed drive to enhance mining production
The product is being used as a regenerative drive on a downhill conveyor at one of the company’s limestone mining facilities. Leroy-Somer was...
ELNOR delivers automated coffee grinding for MAHLKÖNIG
To meet MAHLKÖNIG’s high-precision requirements, ELNOR ensures accurate production and assembly of its motor parts. Engineers from ELNOR perform...
Domus Logistics chooses Egemin to automate new distribution center
The DC will allow Domus Logistics to save up to 5,000 truck transports per year. The activities of five of its external partners will also be...
Cloud-Based MES: The effort to empower small manufacturers
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
In this day and age, it can sometimes seem like the small manufacturer is getting buried underneath the...
ISA Director: Oil & Gas facilities must take action now to protect against cyberattack
Patrick J. Gouhin, speaking at a Bloomberg LIVE conference in Houston, Texas on the future of cybersecurity in the US oil and gas sector, urged...
The Cloud Holds the Answer to Business Optimization
By Mark Humphlett, Infor
The total output of U.S. manufacturing has increased by more than 250% in the past 25 years, and this growth is expected...
Enhanced productivity to be on display at the 2017 HANNOVER MESSE
What happens when a machine fails or a customer changes its order? Production has to be re-configured, which is time-consuming and expensive. What...
Control Station announces technology partnership with OSIsoft
Control Station is one of a select group of software technology companies to join OSIsoft’s Partner EcoSphere. The Partner EcoSphere engages...