The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Patti Engineering controls Hill Country Bakery
Patti provided engineering, design and implementation of an automated temperature monitoring system.
Xothermic diagnoses failure at glass manufacturing plant
Xothermic used B-Scada’s Status Enterprise software to identify a failed thermocouple in a furnace at the unidentified glass plant.
Patti Engineering installs SCADA system for Siemens
The SCADA system was installed for a water and wastewater infrastructure automation project at the city of Fair Oaks Ranch, TX.
Faceware Technologies software protected by CodeMeter
Since implementing CodeMeter protection, Faceware Technologies has not detected any counterfeit copies of the current software release on the open...
Curtis uses confocal chromatic sensor to check assembly alignment
Curtis Assemble & Test installed a non-contact confocal chromatic sensor from Micro-Epsilon on an automated assembly and test machine that checks...
Manufacturing Institute issues 419,000 Certifications Since 2011
Over the past year, the Institute and its partners have issued 129,084 certifications, bringing the total to 419,528 certifications issued since...
Registration opens for ISA’s 60th Analysis Division Symposium
The 2015 Analysis Division Symposium will explore the latest advances in analytical processes, techniques, and applications 26-30 April 2015 in...
Spectronics Promotes Limin Chen to VP of Manufacturing
Chen began his career at Spectronics in 1993 as a Mechanical Product Development Engineer.
Aegis supplies MES to Exception EMS
Exception EMS is investing over £300k in an improved production system based around the Aegis FactoryLogix platform.
Top 5 problems with HMIs
By Jonathan Wilkins, European Automation
The static days of the monolithic monitor are beginning to make way for smaller, portable interfaces that...