The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Kepware's KEPServerEX helps HIROTEC enable IIoT connectivity
HIROTEC selected Kepware’s KEPServerEX connectivity software and the ThingWorx IoT Platform to enable company-wide device-to-cloud connectivity...
Emerson Industrial delivers motor control to oilfield cranes
A US-based specialist in the supply of complete electrical packages for oil rig cranes is using Control Techniques AC and DC drives as part of a...
KUKA robots work with University of Stuttgart on automated sewing process
The university in Stuttgart combines bionic investigations with innovative robotic manufacturing methods
Elite Control Systems brings process control to Scotland whiskey distillery
This combination of technology and 24-hour technical support will ensure that the automated control systems that Edrington uses to operate the new...
GE to help Spirit Aerosystems forward to the Industrial Internet
Looking to increase production of critical aviation industry products, Spirit AeroSystems will implement Efficiency Analyzer on Predix, GE’s...
Six Steps to Using the IoT to Deliver Maintenance Efficiency
By Kevin Terwilliger, Dell
This article discusses ways to utilize advanced IoT technology to enable successful predictive maintenance models for...
ABB announces Dr. Jef Beerten as first winner of ABB Research Award
Dr. Jef Beerten from KU Leuven, Belgium, receives a US $ 300,000 grant over the next three years for ongoing research at the forefront of energy...
ISA and Beamex join to host flowmeter calibration webinar
The webinar, which will be held November 17 from 12-1:30 PM EST, will feature three automation experts: Nicole Meidl, Product Management Engineer,...
Nordson to introduce 3 new process solutions at The Assembly Show
As part of the exhibition floor at The Assembly Show, with over 260 exhibitors, Nordson EFD (Booth 821) will feature live demonstrations of several...
Protecting Industrial Control Systems: An Integrated Approach
By RKNeal, Inc.
The purpose of this whitepaper is to present a novel cybersecurity framework for deplaying and managing cyberthreat management...