The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Schneider's Ampla MOM software improves data visibility for Australian mining company
Australian Metals, Mining and Minerals (MMM) company, has selected Schneider Electric’s Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) solution....
Kistler's maXYmos process monitoring system boosts P.J. Hare's quality control
P. J. Hare focuses its development work primarily on hydraulic presses for use in the automotive supply sector. Because customers require traceable...
Magic Software's Magic xpi to facilitate data exchange for ZF Lemforder
To continue its operations, Lemforder had to replicate the automatic exchange of order and production data that had previously existed between its...
Honeywell provides IIoT connectivity to Delek Refining
Delek Refining will use an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)-based Connected Performance Services (CPS) offering to improve the performance of...
CADENAS software used to automate LUCAS' robot quote generation
The assemblies of LUCAS are modular and built with numerous variable properties. The primary goal therefore was to automate the preparation of...
ABB's John Malinowski recieves Motor Summit 16 award
John Malinowski, Senior Director of Industry Affairs for Baldor, the ABB Group Company received a MS’16 Award in recognition “for his personal...
HIMA introduces turbine safety solutions at POWER-GEN International
The HIMA SIL 3 platform combines all safety functions and machinery control, including overspeed trip and anti-surge control and meets all...
MENNEKES introduces online power distribution configuration tool
Using the configuration tool, users can build a standard or custom AMAXX power distribution center in less than a minute.
Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
Endress+Hauser’s Open Integration Partner Program strives to mitigate risks when commissioning customer plant by ensuring that operators can...
Egemin announces AGV pilot project at Audi logistics facility
In a pilot project, Egemin Automation will be equipping part of Audi's logistics operations at Ingolstadt with AGVs. For the project Egemin will...