The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Tajj Group chooses Menzel to replace defective motors
Menzel Elektromotoren GmbH was chosen to replace defective motors after an internet search. The original motors had failed after only two years of...
Emerson delivers automation solution and energy savings to Tech Folien
Tech Folien turned to Emerson official partner RJW, who designed and installed a motor solution which delivered energy savings of over 75%.
Emerson drives used to streamline port crane application
Measuring over 100m wide and over 60m high and with a lifting capacity of 45t, the port crane was revamped by Apator Control, adding Emerson's...
SITA's baggage robot automates Geneva Airport bag drop
Leo, the fully autonomous baggage robot, has the capacity to check in, print bag tags and transport up to two suitcases with a maximum weight of...
Fuji Electric supplies VG Drive for bridge testing facility
The Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing (BEAST) lab, located at Rutgers University in Piscataway, NJ will provide valuable data...
Safety Instrumented Systems Verification—Practical Probabilistic Calculations - $85.00
This book clearly explains how to do probabilistic calculations to accomplish SIL verification for safety systems. Starting with a description of...
Real-Time Execution for IEC 61499 - $70.00
By Alois Zoitl
This book discusses real-time execution of the models defined in the IEC 61499 standard with a closer look at predictable,...
JEC hearing offers proposals for robots and automation in the workplace
At the hearing of the U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee (JEC), ranking Democrat Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) and three witnesses outlined the...
Industrial Automation BEIJING 2016: Solid growth for Chinese smart manufacturing
The International Intelligent Manufacturing Conference, on Wednesday, May 11, compared China’s “Made in China 2025”, Germany’s “Industry...