The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
CKC Engineering creates custom microbore tubing spooler
Rockwell’s CompactLogix 5370 controller and three Kinetix 350 EtherNet/IP servo drives are used as the control platform for the new tubing...
Aqsens uses Tecan M1000 PRO reader in portable oil testing platform
Aqsens QS performs on-site quantitative monitoring of polymeric scale inhibitors in oil field-produced waters.
Instron ElectroPuls linear-torsion tester uses Renishaw encoders
RESOLUTE encoders provide position feedback and control accuracy in Instron’s ElectroPuls systems for fatigue testing.
Schaeffler supplies monorail guides for Airbus A350 wing assembly
The linear guidance systems form part of the assembly jigs for the Airbus A350 wings, which are currently being assembled at the Airbus site in...
Keyence monitoring system watches watches at La Pierette
La Pierrette produces synthetic sapphires and rubies for luxury watch movements. A Keyence IM Series system watches over the process.
GAM announces Mobile Web App
App accesses gear reducers, servo couplings and linear mounting kits from a smartphone or tablet.
Business Conditions Indexes Retreat in May
Business conditions in North America declined for a second straight month in May, falling to 50 from 54.8 a month ago and from 58.3 in March
Large Power Transformers Market to Reach $31.05 Billion in 2020
The market is primarily driven by technologically enhanced products and increasing application of electricity in industries, agriculture, and...
Red Lion Graphite HMIs approved by ATEX and IECEx
These approvals certify that Graphite HMIs are safe for use with industrial control equipment in potentially explosive, hazardous locations around...
Closing the Maintenance Management Loop
By Bill Lydon, Editor
Fluke is making significant investments in a cloud-based maintenance management software alternative for industrial users....