The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
OSI EMS Technology selected by European transmission system operator in Slovakia
OSI will supply a state-of-the-art SCADA/EMS system that will effectively manage the transmission system for the entirety of the Slovak Republic.
Siemens to supply propulsion systems for all-electric ferries
The all-electric ferries operated by Fjord1 will ply the E39 Anda-Lote route on the west coast of Norway. Both will have a cargo capacity of 120...
Country Maid turns to Rockwell Automation to automate production
Country Maid had to add an additional line to help meet demand. They could either replace their mixer with a larger one, which would require...
Bedrock provides SCADA RTU platform for Clarksville Light and Water
The project is part of Clarksville, Arkansas' plan to save up to $2M over the next five years through improved control, monitoring, and security of...
Stahlin's enclosures provide protection for ECS compost temperature sensors
Engineered Composted Systems needed a strong corrosive resistant NEMA 4X enclosure that could survive this environment and protect their RF...
Open Process Automation Movement Taking Form at ExxonMobil's 2nd Industry Day
By Bill Lydon, Automation.com
The event, a follow-on to the successful 1st End User Industry Day event in June, provided the opportunity for more...
Beckhoff opens Texas sales and support facility
The eighth such regional facility in the U.S., the Plano facility includes sales offices, engineering labs and training facilities. This 2,600...
Schneider Electric announces wind forecasting for WeatherSentryOnline platform
Schneider Electric’s Hub Height Wind forecasting capabilities provide wind speeds, wind gusts and wind direction forecasts seven days in advance...
ISA and the Automation Federation draw attention to the growing need for skilled manufacturing...
A pressing challenge facing manufacturers in the US is the growing skills gap. Experts project that over the next 10 years nearly 3.5 million...
Egemin to build automated warehouse for Poco Loco snack foods
The new warehouse is part of a 50 million Euro project that will allow Poco Loco to centralize its storage in one location, giving it even more...