The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
ST50 Flow Meter Improves Air Compressor System Efficiency
The installation of ST50 Flow Meters in large facilities with multiple air compressors allows the operators to compare compressor usage and adjust...
A.G.T. measures metal thickness with lasers instead of radiation
AGT uses Keyence LK-G Series laser sensors to provide continuous, high speed, accurate and reliable thickness measurements.
Distributed Fiber Optic Sensing Technology in the Motor Racing Industry
Using sensors made from low-cost optical fiber, with almost no limit to the number of sensor designs available results in a cost-effective and...
Glaston cuts glass scratches with improved speed control
Tiny scratches can occur as a result of glass being tempered without precise speed control on the oven’s drives. Glaston fixed it with Unidrive M...
Keyence system inspects parts at Fastener Depot
Inspectors at Fastener Depot use a Keyence Image Dimension Measurement (IM) System to quickly and accurately check and gauge parts.
Logic Solver for Tank Overfill Protection
By Moore Industries
When Tank Farm facilities are facing capacity limits, that translates into greater safety risks, and need for better systems...
Drive Users may be Breaking The Law
New legislation covering the export of high frequency (HF) drives could result in hefty penalties, including potential prison sentences, for...
AEP Ohio Offers Motor Rewinds
Emotor Rewind Pilot Program promotes energy efficient rewinds for small to large companies in the industrial/manufacturing sector.
Motor Drives save energy
The installed base of drives in 2014 saved the earth the equivalent of the energy consumed by 110 million households.
Reliable Controls joins BACnet Interest Group Europe
The BIG-EU is the European trade association for the application of the global BACnet standard ISO 16484-5.