The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Aveva software helps Russian metallurgy design company handle bigger projects
Mosgipromez, a design institute in the Russian iron & steel industry, has implemented AVEVA Everything3D (AVEVA E3D) and AVEVA Bocad software.
Perle Ethernet extenders work in Canadian Explosives Laboratory
Perle eX-S1110 Gigabit Ethernet Extenders provide 330m safety perimeter during explosive field test.
B-Scada monitors multiple Algae Lab Systems
B-Scada software aggregates data from several hundred AlgaeConnect systems, each with several photobioreactors/ponds in a single system.
Aveva software designs chemical plant in Brazil
The plant has 1400 piping lines, 1700 manual valves, 300 motors and 1350 field instruments.
Siemens updates three-stage lathe line for railroad axle manufacturer
Siemens Sinumerik CNCs, Simotics motors and Sinamics drives were installed at each lathe, with Simatic PLC and HMI as the master of the entire line.
SCADA Attacks Double in 2014
By Aaron Hand
Dell Security’s annual threat report shows not only a significant surge in the number of attacks on retail...
By Greg Blackman
When installing a machine vision system, the cabling is just as an important factor as the camera, lens and lighting....
Enhancing Sensor Reliability through Venting
By Gary Chan, W.L. Gore
Designers often overlook the natural phenomenon of gas expansion and contraction. As internal and external...
Infrared Vision: More to It Than What Meets the Eye
Vision On Line
By Winn Hardin
A small but growing segment of machine vision applications uses non-visible infrared (IR) light instead of visible...
How Does Smarter Machine Vision Technology Affect System Integration Companies?
Vision On Line
By Winn Hardin
As smart sensors and cameras make it easier to solve industrial problems with machine vision technology, some might...