The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
CAS data acquisition system cleans up detergent tests
German detergent manufacturer Henkel replaced its old data recorders with 10 Delphin measurement data acquisition systems.
Procentec solves Profibus problems at Dutch water treatment plant
Using ProfiTrace 2 diagnostics found a corroded cable at the Rijnland waste water purification plant.
FuelCell Energy uses VFDs and PACs to improve grid connection
Rockwell Automation PowerFlex 700L drives and CompactLogix PACS convert DC power to AC power within the fuel cell and connect it to the grid.
Jonah Energy Implements FLOWCLOUD Hosting Solution
Jonah Energy, a startup exploration and production company, is using Flow-Cal’s FLOWCLOUD hosting solution to obtain data in a cloud environment....
LB Foster builds Assembly line for Jaguar XF Sportbrake
The tabbing and framing cell takes the Sportbrake body floor out of the assembly line to have the side body panels, roof and other components put...
CERN and NI Collaborate on Linux
Their objective is to push the standardization of all CERN control systems to Linux 64-bit operating systems.
Festo to demonstrate OPAK Industry 4.0 research
At Hannover Fair, Festo will demonstrate developments in the OPAK Industry 4.0 research project subsidized by the German Federal Ministry for...
Güdel publishes 2015 linear motion catalog
Catalog covers configurations for standard modules of TrackMotion, gantry and linear motion units in virtually any size and for all robots.
Photonic Sensors Market Expected to Reach $15.2 Billion by 2020
The need for enhanced safety and security solutions, better alternatives for conventional technology and rise in wireless sensing technology are...
Egemin to supply AGVs to IVC
Egemin will supply an integrated warehousing system with AGVs to handle the intermediate transport flows of slabs and rolls and storage of slabs.