The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Oxford school has online control of HVAC, water and lighting
Netbiter gateways connected to Rockwell PLCs control the different systems in the EF International Language Centre in Oxford, UK.
Erdrich employs noax industrial PCs to track parts movements
Industrial PCs ride around on forklifts to direct operators to the proper locations and allow activities to be entered directly on the touchscreen.
LB Foster installs chain conveyor at Dana UK Axle
The conveyor is used to transport front and rear axles of Jaguar Landrover vehicles from the end of Dana's assembly line to the dock audit area...
CAT2 uses noax IPCs for food processing
CAT 2 is a software company specializing in farm-to-fork traceability for the beef, pork, poultry, turkey, seafood, egg, and produce...
Bonfiglioli motors spin Technowrapp pallet wrapper
Technowrapp’s Runner Arm can wrap 136 pallets/hour with 10 turns per pallet, stabilising a pallet with just 76 grams of stretch wrap film.
Endress+Hauser signs Eastern Controls as rep
Eastern Controls is now the E+H rep for the Mid-Atlantic area – Metropolitan New York, Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and...
OPC UA as the bridge to the enterprise
By John Rinaldi, Real Time Automation
Because of the discontinuity between the factory floor and the Enterprise, opportunities to mine the factory...
Michael Richart promoted to President and CEO of ESE
Richart was ESE Director of Business Operations. Tom Walther, who was president, will be Chief Innovation Officer.
Harting adds Profinet to all products
All existing and new products for Ethernet applications from Harting conform with the requirements for the use of PROFINET.
Registration Opens for Automation Fair
Automation Fair runs November 18-19, 2015 at McCormick Place West, Chicago, IL USA