The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
InfinityQS software Helps General Cable cut raw material costs
General Cable deployed InfinityQS ProFicient, an enterprise quality platform powered by a centralized statistical process control (SPC) analytical...
Asiatic Agricultural Industries Converts to EX
Mettler Toledo helped Asiatic Agricultural Industries to convert its mix of EX and non-EX equipment in its plants to all EX equipment.
Mettler Toledo provides Hygienic Scales to Chinese food plant
WH Group, China’s market leader for meat and pork products, invested in hygienically designed bench scales to stay ahead of competition and to...
Rotork actuators control Gas blending process
A CVL-5000 electric control valve actuator replaced an existing actuator on a blending flow control valve in a trial at the Fluxys booster station...
Parts Supplier Shortens Order-Preparation Time with New Counting Solution
Ravnihar produces components for the production of electromechanical meters. Its operations include 18 computer-controlled injection-molding...
Baumer obtains UL listing for CleverLevel level switch
CleverLevel LBFS/LFFS level switch has been listed by the American Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL).
Deploying 802.11 Wireless LAN Technology
By Rockwell Automation and Cisco
Design and implementation guide outlines the key requirements and design considerations to help successful...
Secomea SiteManage is security certified by ProtectEM
The remote access solution consists of a control unit at the factory (SiteManager) in form of either hardware or software and a Web- or Windows...
Adept Technology appoints Michael Jellen VP
Jellen joins Adept after more than 10 years with Danaher Corporation, where he held successive roles of increasing responsibility, including vice...
Rotork to supply electro-hydraulic actuators for oil pipeline in Colombia
Rotork EH electro-hydraulic actuators will be used for failsafe valve control on the Colombian Bicentennial Pipeline, which will have a capacity...