The fix is in at MGM Grand Macau
- The 18 month old building management system had 600 alarm faults and was basically bypassed.
- The chiller plant control system was bypassed due to failures.
- Inefficient chillers due to essentially no maintenance and operational issues.
- Ineffective water treatment contributing to the chiller issues.
- Poor primary and secondary water distribution and balance issues.
- Ineffective maintenance practices.
- 450 volt chillers operating at around 350 volts.
- Ripped out the existing controls and replaced them with EasyIO (www.easyio.com ) field devices using the embedded Sedona Framework.
- Re-commissioned the system.
- Replace the original chiller plant control with Airmaster’s PlantPro™ based on a Niagara AX platform.
- Installed Efftrack Chiller Monitoring Efficiency System.
- Integration between Efftrack and PlantPro™ to provide best fit, best efficiency chiller control and sequencing.
- Implement planned maintenance practices across the site.
- Upgraded the water treatment.
- Repair or rebuilt failed or failing systems.
- Rebalanced primary and secondary chilled water systems.
- Integrated Johnson BMS through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Integrated Trane chiller panels through BACnet into Tridium architecture.
- Access from end to end via corporate Intranet for ongoing support of the property.
- Niagara was implemented at the management level and Sedona at the device level, providing a single tool environment.
MORE CASE STUDIES
ESP Group chooses Epicor ERP to drive and manage growth
Epicor ERP will provide ESP Group with the platform for managing growth by connecting all business critical systems and data sources to increase...
Brückner chooses Aucotec AG's EB software to bridge mechanical and electrical systems
Aucotec AG has succeeded in convincing the global market leader in film stretching technology to opt for its software system Engineering Base (EB)....
Emerson motors chosen for Thai retail distribution center
Sirayooth looked to limit risk by selecting motors for their compressor systems from a reliable manufacturer. It was decided that a number of...
Auris' Robotic Endoscopy system gains FDA approval
The FDA has approved the Auris Robotic Endoscopy System as an advanced bronchoscope that aids in both visualizing and treating several lung...
Hexapod & Drone: Industrial & research applications for motion simulation
Available in a variety of sizes with bases ranging from 100mm to 1m, different stiffness configurations, and supportive of loads from 2 kg to...
Bedrock Open Secure Automation ICS platform passes EMP test protocol
The test involved repeated 50,000 V/m nanosecond EMP strikes to emulate the energy of a High Altitude Electromechanical Pulse (HEMP), as would be...
CIMdata announces Architecture, Engineering and Construction technology survey
CIMdata is surveying AEC practitioners, along with manufacturers and technology solution providers serving this market, to collect their views on...
ISA and Beamex to co-host webinar on differential pressure flowmeter calibration
The webinar, which will be held from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time, will feature three automation experts: David Spitzer, PE, founder...
Okuma partners with CPCC to train employees on machine tools
The training programs include leadership, process improvement, SolidWorks, computer operations, electrical assembly and wiring, and enterprise...
How to Monitor CO/CO2/Temperature/Humidity/Dew Point with DL-300 Data Loggers
The DL-300 series are ICP DAS USA’s product line that accurately measures and log concentration data of carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide...