Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
PLCOpen and OPC Foundation release new edition of PLCopen OPC-UA Client for IEC 61131-3
The original version 1.0 was published 2 years ago. With a better user interface and better usability, users can specify function blocks that deal...
Sealevel releases Sealevel Mod+ Connect diagnostic and test utility app
The app is intended for use with SeaI/O Ethernet and wireless I/O modules, as well as Sealevel’s eI/O Ethernet and PoE compact I/O modules.
ABB releases update for System 800xA Minerals Library
The latest version expands plant operators’ ability to monitor and control safe production through direct object linking
NEMA releases revised version of NEMA MG 1 Motors and Generators guide
NEMA MG 1 addresses new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) regulations that require motor manufacturers to comply with efficiency targets. The new...
On-demand Webinar: Implementing Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Yields Big Results
This on-demand webinar will show Dell has used a strong history in manufacturing and value in partnership to build their IoT solutions partner...
Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork delivers data collection at bulk-powder plant
The goal of the pilot was to collect information on the line’s bulk-powder process – including event-based data on when production stopped,...
Honeywell and Flowserve announce collaboration on Honeywell's INspireT IIoT program
The goal of this collaboration is creation of an infrastructure that gives customers secure methods to capture and aggregate data, so that it can...
Emerson announces launch of Operational Certainty engineering performance program
Operational Certainty is a technology and engineering-based program designed to help industrial companies achieve top performance and recover more...
Honeywell to automate remote offshore North Sea drilling platform
When drilling operations are completed, Statoil’s Valemon platform, located on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, will become a periodically-manned...
OpenSky and TÜV Rheinland to join RSA SecurWorld partner program
The relationship will combine RSA's RSA Archer GRC Suite of business risk management solutions with and TÜV Rheinland’s and OpenSky's expertise...