Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Agricultural robotics and drones: a complex $10bn market by as early as 2022
This report analyses how robotic market and technology developments will change the business of agriculture, enabling ultra-precision farming and...
Statseeker releases 'Maximizing Network Uptime' eBook
The next few years will be highly challenging for network administration professionals. This eBook explores network challenges and methods to...
FANUC America announces expansion of CNC training program
FANUC currently offers a range of training courses covering CNC maintenance, operations and programming, servo and laser maintenance, Ladder/PMC...
Opto 22 announces Node-RED nodes for industrial automation controllers
These Node-RED nodes for PACs make it easier to prototype and develop applications for connecting physical assets to cloud applications and are...
Study suggests ROI analysis could jump start new technology investment
The study suggests that, unlike with capital investments, the purchase and implementation of new technologies involves a larger and more complex...
aeSolutions' Paul Gruhn named co-chair of ISA84 committee
As co-chair, Gruhn will help build consensus among participants on ISA84 standards interpretations and modifications, ensure that the committee...
Choosing the Right PLM Software
By Bob Hillier, Design Rule
This article discusses the ideal process of selecting the product lifecycle management (PLM) software for today's...
ISA to participate in the Canadian Cybersecurity Alliance
The primary purpose of the CCA-ACC is to enhance the professionalization of the Canadian cyber domain through effective inter-association...
Flowserve Collaborates with NI, HP and PTC to Enable Predictive Maintenance for Process Control
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
Efficient predictive maintenance has been a goal of the process industry for ages. This article discusses the efforts...
2016 ISA Process Control & Safety Symposium and Exhibition features three acclaimed speakers
Attending engineers, technicians and plant managers will be able to gain the latest insights, news and trends in process measurement and control,...