Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Sercos International releases version of Sercos Monitor as free download
The version supports the new features of Sercos version 1.3.1, as well as the recording and analysis of CIP Safety frames, the S/IP protocol and...
BIM Hub and CADENAS release joint mobile app for construction engineers
The BIMcatalogs.net add-on delivers access to intelligent 3D BIM CAD component data to engineers, designer and constructors worldwide from any...
PLCopen releases Coding Guidelines for industrial control programming
These rules are very useful to train users and can be a good basis for universities to help them teach IEC 61131-3 programming more efficiently, as...
ISA publishes third edition of Automation Network Selection: A Reference Manual
The new edition is intended to help bring clarity to a marketplace marked by a rapidly increasing number of automation networks.
R Stahl releases free ISbus DIAG app
App turns Android Smartphones into mobile diagnostic devices for the physical layer parameters of a Foundation Fieldbus H1 network.
Westfalia enables automated storage for Glenmore Distillery
With Westfalia’s automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) and Savanna.NET warehouse execution system (WES), the 223,000 square-foot...
AXOOM, Nebbiolo partner with C-Labs to implement IoT software
Industrial IoT is estimated to become a $151 billion market by 2020 but security and complexity are slowing adoption
Flow Measurement, Second Edition - $135.00
By David W. Spitzer
The industry’s most authoritative handbook on flow measurement provides a road map to the field of flow measurement. This...
ISA releases advance program for its 16th ISA LDAR-Fugitive Emissions Symposium
ISA’s LDAR Symposium is the longest-running technical conference in America devoted solely to LDAR and air compliance professionals and their...
Jabil announces predictive analytics solution built with Microsoft Azure
The platform is designed to analyze millions of data points from machines running dozens of steps throughout the manufacturing process and predict...