Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Fives offers ProCheck machinery evaluation
A ProCheck inspection takes less than three hours and includes a detailed report, all for $600 per machine.
Hydrotech announces fluid power website
Site provides access to 53,000 products. Visitors can search by function, part number, model number, or brand
Badger Meter introduces RCVCALC valve sizing software
Free software guides specifiers through selecting the right control valve for any project.
Fluke updates free firmware for vibration tester
Upgrade for the Fluke 810 delivers overall vibration data, detailed diagnosis and actionable repair recommendations.
Wind River Introduces App Store for VxWorks RTOS
The app store includes packages ranging from safety, security, and storage to connectivity, graphics, and development tools.
Rotork CMA actuators enable shale gas well compliance
An unnamed shale gas company in Louisiana installed Rotork CMA actuators run by solar panels to replace existing actuation equipment and control a...
Product Lifecycle Management - Overview, Global Market Estimates and Trends
The global PLM market is expected to reach a value of US$ 75.87 Bn by 2022. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast...
Endress+Hauser opens office in Finland
Endress+Hauser Oy will be the exclusive provider of Endress+Hauser field devices and related solutions and services in the Finnish market.
Cables in Motion Diagnostics
Cables in motion experience fatigue causing complete or intermittent failures whether or not that motion is constant. Fortunately,...
ISA introduces cybersecurity courses and certificate programs
Courses include Using the ANSI/ISA-62443 Standards to Secure Your Industrial Control System); Cybersecurity for Automation, Control, and SCADA...