Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
MESA Releases KPI Markup Language
KPI-ML will help manufacturing companies implement the ISO 22400 standard thereby increasing the flow of key performance indicators within a...
Kooltronic updates enclosure air conditioning sizing software
Web software has been expanded to include air conditioners, heat exchangers, fans and blowers in a single user-friendly program.
Westermo updates free WeConfig configuration tool
Enhancements in WeConfig 1.2 enable time consuming and complex configuration of large networks to be implemented reliably in just minutes.
Intersil updates free PowerNavigator power system design software
Enhancements in Version 5.2 include PowerMap, Rail Inspector and RailScope features to simplify design of densely populated power systems
ISA publishes Fourth edition of pocket guide on automation system tuning
“Good Tuning: A Pocket Guide” by Gregory K. McMillan has been updated to deliver more precise and optimal tuning for nearly all types of...
Benefits of Robotics Systems for Many Applications
By Bob Goossens, Acieta
Robots protect workers from jobs hazardous to their health, increase capacity and enable new products that couldn’t be...
Industrial Dispensing System and Equipment Market to Reach $20.57 billion in 2021
The market was valued at USD 12.85 billion in 2014, growing at a CAGR of 7.0% from 2015 to 2021 to account for USD 20.57 billion in 2021.
ISA International Instrumentation Symposium report
The 61st Annual ISA International Instrumentation Symposium was held May 12 at the Westin Hotel in Huntsville, Alabama
Flowserve to supply pumps to Peruvian Refinery
Flowserve received orders totaling approximately $18 million for pumping systems for the Petroperú Talara refinery in Piura, Peru.
ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium
The 10th Annual ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls (WWAC) Symposium, will be held 4-6 August 2015 in Orlando, Florida.