Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Webinar: Intrinsic Cyber Security Changes Everything About Automation
Bedrock Automation and Automation.com join together to present this free December 14 webinar on cyber security and how it enhances productivity and...
EtherCAT Technology Group publishes EtherCAT P technology specification
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
WSCAD releases expanded electrical CAD data library
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
Control Station announces 2017 manufacturing training schedule
Training workshops will be delivered in collaboration with the company’s Solution Partners and Product Distributors, and they will emphasize...
Reliable Controls releases MyControl 1.7 app
Compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems, the myControl user interface provides individual personal control for occupants through...
Fluke products named finalists for Plant Engineering 2016 Product of the Year Awards
Fluke Condition Monitoring and the Fluke 279 FC Thermal Multimeter are finalists in the Maintenance Tools and Equipment category. The awards honor...
SWEMCO chooses FactoryLogix MES for factory visibility
As a provider for Fortune 500 companies, government entities, and privately-held businesses throughout North America, SWEMCO has used Aegis...
Honeywell's control and safety systems selected for Turkish natural gas pipeline
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...
Talent Bridges the Gap Between IT and OT in the Industrial Internet of Things
By Dave Vasko, Rockwell Automation & IoT Talent Consortium
Only about 14 percent of companies have been able to fully connect their manufacturing...
Festo Fosters Manufacturing Resurgence in Southern Ohio
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
Thanks to the recent efforts of companies like Festo, the Rust Belt might hold a brighter future both for American...