Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
EPLAN expands Data Portal for web service
Users get comprehensive functionalities to update or enrich device data, as well as significantly expanded filtering possibilities. When device...
Bosch Rexroth updates hydraulic Filter Select tool
The Filter Select program's database of hydraulic fluid information now includes hydraulic fluids from Houghton International.
Okuma introduces interactive Industry Parts Viewer for CNC machine tools
Website visitors can explore parts and find machine tools used to cut specific parts for the automotive, aerospace and oil and energy industries.
How to measure frequency
This Web Card by Fluke provides a brief tutorial on how to measure frequency with your digital multimeter.
Calculated Industries announces Machinist Calc Pro 2 handheld calculator
Machinist Calc Pro 2 for phones, tablets and PCs provides hundreds of fast, precise machining-specific solutions for face, end and slot milling...
The Architecture of the SCADA Mobility Infrastructure
By Edward Nugent, PcVue Inc., et al
The different way in which mobile device users interact with their devices compared to operator’s...
Honeywell To Acquire Elster for $5.1 billion
Elster Division of Melrose Industries is a provider of thermal gas solutions for commercial, industrial, and residential heating systems and gas,...
ProSoft Technology Names Joe Rich Director of North America Sales
Previously, Rich worked for Danfoss Power Electronics and Rockwell Automation.
PLCopen wants comments on Coding Guidelines
PLCopen invites all interested parties to give feedback on this document until October 23, 2015.
Expecting one-year ROI on automation systems is short sighted
By Bill Lydon, Editor
Many users, systems integrators, and manufacturing managers expect one year to eighteen month Return on Investment (ROI)...