Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Webinar: Implementing Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Yields Big Results
This webinar on Sep 29, 2016 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT will show Dell has used a strong history in manufacturing and value in partnership to build...
Webinar: Increase Production and Optimize Manufacturing Processes Using Simulation
The webinar will show how engineers, production managers, and decision makers can rapidly assess the options for adapting an existing line to make...
Webinar: Digitalizing Predictive Maintenance
Learn how new technological advances are resolving not only these issues but also allowing for new value to be realized through the digitalization...
Bots will work alongside humans in the future
Machine learning and artificial intelligence have made the most seemingly impossible things possible in recent years. After the successful...
Siemens introduces Fleet Manager for Machine Tools app for MindSphere
With this cloud-based application (MindApp), machine tools at small or large production sites can be monitored, and their availability and...
Rockwell to showcase solutions for Water and Wastewater Facilities at WEFTEC 2016
Featuring its PlantPAx platform, Rockwell Automation will demonstrate process and automation solutions for efficient process control, monitoring...
Bedrock provides SCADA RTU platform for Clarksville Light and Water
The project is part of Clarksville, Arkansas' plan to save up to $2M over the next five years through improved control, monitoring, and security of...
Siluria names Erik Scher as Chief Operations Officer
As COO, Dr. Scher is responsible for the company's operating activities, including its OCM demonstration plant in Texas and multiple pilot plants...
IMTS concludes as third largest in their history
IMTS 2016, the 31st edition of the show, was the third largest in number of registrations (115,612) and in net square feet of exhibit space...
ISA announces Industrial Control Training event in Northwest Pennsylvania
Two industry organizations—the Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) and Process and Data Automation (PDA)—will co-sponsor an ISA...