Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Westermo updates WeConfig network software
WeConfig 1.3 adds wizards for quick and easy user-friendly configuration with global parameter settings.
NEW 2015 IR thermoMETER catalog
Micro Epsilon offers the most complete product spectrum for non contact infrared (IR) based temperature sensors.(-55C..2200C) Our hand held...
Measurement Product Guide 2015
Download a complimentary copy of our new catalog, "Measurement Product Guide 2015", for detailed information on our displacement sensors (laser...
Aegis announces inSite App for FactoryLogix Software
The app converts an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a mobile portal.
Aerotech announces EasyTune autotuning tool for motion control
EasyTune requires no input from the user, completes in a few minutes, and provides measured verification of the servo performance when complete.
System integration and functional safety: key issues impacting the actuation industry
By Heike Schmeding, AUMA
This article provides an update on two key issues currently impacting the actuation industry: host system integration and...
Fluke announces Fluke Connect Student Contest
The team showing the most innovation wins a trip to Seattle and $3,500 worth of Fluke tools.
Enabling the refinery of the future—Safety first
By Dan Mulholland, Trinity Integrated Systems
Within this “new” economy, automation systems must be capable of...
Best Practices for Sharing Data across the Enterprise
By Khris Kammer and Keith McPherson, Rockwell Automation
Tapping into contextualized data and sharing it across the enterprise allows...
Is Your Production Line Ready for Automation?
By Graham Nicholson, Phoenix Wrappers
The addition of any element of automation is a big step for any production line. What factors into a...