Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Red Lion Crimson Software Supports 300+ Protocols
Crimson-enabled products allow companies to easily integrate almost any PLC, PC or SCADA system for data collection, monitoring and control.
ITAMCO offers Apps for Machinists
The apps require iOS6.1 and can be purchased through the Apple App Store in iTunes. They are compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Industry newsletter October 2014
The Gallus Group chooses Secomea, Mitsubishi e-Factory Alliance Program, Increasing global awareness, part II, Pre-announcement of major release
Parker Hannifin introduces Rapid Service Unit
Rapid Service Unit can turn certain orders for critical fittings, hose-tube combinations and other custom pieces in the same day they are received.
Mouser releases Security Applications Site
Security Application Site simplifies security design by providing access to the latest security resources all in one place.
Copenhagen cooks its valve actuators
The Metropolitan Copenhagen Heating Transmission Company (CTR) installed Rotork IQ3 valve actuators to replace actuators that suffered permanent...
WIN-911 Opens Office in Grenoble, France
The European office will deliver channel partner and technical support for alarm notification software to European, Middle Eastern, and African...
Farsens’s RFID sensor tags monitor data center conditions
RFID sensor tags do not require batteries to monitor temperature, pressure and humidity of equipment remotely.
Is it Time for New SCADA Software Technology?
By Rich Hunzinger, B-Scada
With all of the opportunities presented by today's data-driven enterprise, the time has come to consider whether your...
A Case for Mobile HMIs in Automation
By Rich Hunzinger, B-Scada
One of the fastest-growing and most widespread trends in the HMI and SCADA software realms is that of mobility. Namely,...