Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
GF Piping releases 200 page Valve Technical Handbook
The Valve Technical Handbook provides a resource for customers seeking detailed valve information. Over 20 manual valves and 22 actuated valves in...
CIMdata releases eBook on capital project success for EPCs
This eBook presents CIMdata's perspective on the use of open standards, notably ISO 15926, to improve interoperability, and the application of...
C3 Solutions announces revamped Dock Appointment Scheduling ROI Calculator
The C3 ROI Tool is a free online analysis tool to help business determine dock appointment scheduling cost savings opportunities.
Microscan announces updates to their free barcode generator
The barcode generator is a free online tool enabling users to create, save, and email custom barcodes. 28 different barcode types, from linear to...
OPC Training Course supports industrial convergence of SCADA systems to IIoT
Business Industrial Network, a leading provider of industrial training, announced the release of the new OPC Training for SCADA & DCS Certificate...
Peratech introduces Jack Wei as VP of Global Operations
Wei will focus on China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan, as Peratech moves to mass production in 2017, following recent design wins.
Alicat's BASIS flow controllers chosen by Valco to control gas flow
Designed specifically for original equipment manufacture and process integration, BASIS controls gas flow rates used for mixing or diluting, or...
Interview: The Benefits of One-Cable Automation
As manufacturing becomes more automated and connected across a wide range of industries, it is more essential than ever to streamline installations...
Nextnine and SilentDefense announce OEM partnership for cybersecurity solutions
As part of this OEM partnership, Nextnine has integrated the SilentDefense technology from SecurityMatters into its ICS Shield solution.
How Your Automation Infrastructure Can Meet Demand for Quality Ingredients
By Dave Sharpe, Rockwell Automation
Whole and healthy ingredients can create obstacles in production, while ingredient transparency is also an...