Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
Alicat announces LabVIEW Device Drivers as free download
Available for free download, the device drivers enable users to develop control interfaces to Alicat instruments, without PLC programming skills.
PMMI announces release of Mechanical Components 2 certification test
The Mechanical Components 2 evaluates the candidate's mastery of the principles and application of mechanical components such as clutches, brakes,...
Metrics that Matter in an IoT World - FREE eBook
Automation.com's latest free resource presents the 2015-2016 results of the biennial Metrics that Matter study, showing readers how the potential...
Global Human Machine Interface (HMI) Market to Grow 6.13% by 2020
As per the report, the global human machine interface (HMI) market is expected to grow at CAGR of 6.13% from 2016 to 2020. The report offers an...
Westermo releases version 1.4 of the WeConfig network configuration tool
WeConfig is designed to simplify the initial installation and configuration of single or multiple Westermo devices, improving network management...
ISA releases abstract call for 2016 Process Control and Safety Symposium and Exhibition
The ISA program committee calls for process industry leaders, particularly in the chemical and energy processing fields, to submit abstracts for...
HIMA chooses Singapore as regional hub in Asia Pacific region
One of HIMA’s most significant ongoing assignments in Asia Pacific is Ichthys, the massive Australian LNG project operated by INPEX. HIMA is...
New Directions in Bioprocess Modeling and Control: Maximizing - $79.00
By Michael A. Boudreau and Gregory K. McMillan
Doing modeling in the process development and early commercialization phases is advantageous...
Monitoring and Measuring I&C Performance in Nuclear Power Plants - $130.00
By: H. M. Hashemian
The previously published papers collected in this volume discuss a broad range of topics on the steady-state and dynamic...
Modeling, Control, Simulation and Diagnosis of Complex Industrial and Energy Systems - $63.00
Part of the ISA/O3neida series, this book will be of interest to practitioners within the automation field, particularly those focused on process...