Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Microscan announces updates to their free barcode generator
The barcode generator is a free online tool enabling users to create, save, and email custom barcodes. 28 different barcode types, from linear to...
OPC Training Course supports industrial convergence of SCADA systems to IIoT
Business Industrial Network, a leading provider of industrial training, announced the release of the new OPC Training for SCADA & DCS Certificate...
Sercos International announces free Sercos Softmaster webinar
A speaker from Bosch Rexroth AG will present detailed information, on February 20, about the applications of Sercos III SoftMaster and how to...
Senvol partners with ASM International and America Makes to create free manufacturing learning tools
The learning tool exercises help AM users get the most out of the search features of the Senvol Database. Both the learning tool exercises and the...
On Demand Webinar: Converged Plant-wide Ethernet Made Secure and Simple
Join co-presenters Bill Lydon of Automation.com and Erik Giesa of Tempered Networks for educational and practical advice on how to conquer these...
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...
InfinityQS Report: Enterprise visibility is the first step to Industry 4.0
InfinityQS found in its recent survey of 260 manufacturers that 75% of respondents are still manually collecting data. 47% of those rely on pencil...
Siemens announces launch of Lifelong Educational Advantage Program
The effort is designed to give high school and technical school graduates a basic-to-advanced machine tool knowledge that will benefit them in...
HIMA announces framework agreement with Pepperl+Fuchs
The agreement comprises the jointly developed H-system termination boards and associated modules from Pepperl+Fuchs, which are connected through...
VDMA Report: European machine vision industry sees record year in 2017
According to the results of the VDMA incoming order and turnover statistics, the European machine vision industry grew by 10 percent in 2016 in...