Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Qorvo announces free e-book series that explains the Internet of Things
Internet of Things For Dummies and Internet of Things Applications For Dummies are designed to help technical and nontechnical professionals...
Webinar: Intrinsic Cyber Security Changes Everything About Automation
Bedrock Automation and Automation.com join together to present this free December 14 webinar on cyber security and how it enhances productivity and...
EtherCAT Technology Group publishes EtherCAT P technology specification
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
WSCAD releases expanded electrical CAD data library
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
Control Station announces 2017 manufacturing training schedule
Training workshops will be delivered in collaboration with the company’s Solution Partners and Product Distributors, and they will emphasize...
HIMA introduces turbine safety solutions at POWER-GEN International
The HIMA SIL 3 platform combines all safety functions and machinery control, including overspeed trip and anti-surge control and meets all...
Schneider's Ampla MOM software improves data visibility for Australian mining company
Australian Metals, Mining and Minerals (MMM) company, has selected Schneider Electric’s Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) solution....
GMTA announces Scott Knoy as company Vice President
Knoy will continue to oversee the sales and marketing of the company, in addition to other administrative duties at the Ann Arbor headquarters.
Egemin announces AGV pilot project at Audi logistics facility
In a pilot project, Egemin Automation will be equipping part of Audi's logistics operations at Ingolstadt with AGVs. For the project Egemin will...
PI appoints Scott Jordan as Head of Photonics Market Segment
Jordan, who has several patents related to fast alignment techniques, was central in the development of PI's Multi-Channel Photonics Alignment...