Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Alicat announces LabVIEW Device Drivers as free download
Available for free download, the device drivers enable users to develop control interfaces to Alicat instruments, without PLC programming skills.
PMMI announces release of Mechanical Components 2 certification test
The Mechanical Components 2 evaluates the candidate's mastery of the principles and application of mechanical components such as clutches, brakes,...
Metrics that Matter in an IoT World - FREE eBook
Automation.com's latest free resource presents the 2015-2016 results of the biennial Metrics that Matter study, showing readers how the potential...
Global Human Machine Interface (HMI) Market to Grow 6.13% by 2020
As per the report, the global human machine interface (HMI) market is expected to grow at CAGR of 6.13% from 2016 to 2020. The report offers an...
Westermo releases version 1.4 of the WeConfig network configuration tool
WeConfig is designed to simplify the initial installation and configuration of single or multiple Westermo devices, improving network management...
Out of the Barn - $20.00
This easy-to-read compilation of a series of articles, authored by PLC inventor Dick Morley, originally appeared in MSI (formerly Manufacturing...
New Directions in Bioprocess Modeling and Control: Maximizing - $79.00
By Michael A. Boudreau and Gregory K. McMillan
Doing modeling in the process development and early commercialization phases is advantageous...
Motors and Drives: A Practical Technology Guide - Instructional Supplement - $63.00
The practical reference introduces engineering concepts of motors and drives in a way that can be easily understood by both engineers unfamiliar...
Monitoring and Measuring I&C Performance in Nuclear Power Plants - $130.00
By: H. M. Hashemian
The previously published papers collected in this volume discuss a broad range of topics on the steady-state and dynamic...
Models Unleashed: Virtual Plant and Model Predictive Control Applications - $47.00
By: Gregory K. McMillan and Robert A. Cameron
This portable pocket guide goes beyond theoretical concepts and provides new insight into the...