Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
AEP Ohio Offers Motor Rewinds
Emotor Rewind Pilot Program promotes energy efficient rewinds for small to large companies in the industrial/manufacturing sector.
Physik Instrumente publishes Beamline brochure
Beamline is used in laboratory and industrial experiments, including nanotomography, laminography, and systems with nanoscopic spatial resolution.
Automation Federation releases report on virtualization in control systems
Report examines the use of virtualization technology in industrial automation and control system (IACS) environments.
Linear Technology announces Software Development Kit for SmartMesh IP
The On-Chip Software Development Kit ensures that developers can stably run both the pre-compiled SmartMesh IP networking stack and their...
Exida certifies Cybersecurity Personnel
CFSE program for ICS offers CACE and CACS certifications
Collaboration Accelerates the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0
How Beckhoff and Intel supply the standardized and open technologies required for engineers to implement intelligent production...
Drive Users may be Breaking The Law
New legislation covering the export of high frequency (HF) drives could result in hefty penalties, including potential prison sentences, for...
A.G.T. measures metal thickness with lasers instead of radiation
AGT uses Keyence LK-G Series laser sensors to provide continuous, high speed, accurate and reliable thickness measurements.
Distributed Fiber Optic Sensing Technology in the Motor Racing Industry
Using sensors made from low-cost optical fiber, with almost no limit to the number of sensor designs available results in a cost-effective and...
Acopian Power Supplies Certified to UL Safety Standards
Narrow Profile power supply series is now certified to UL Safety Standards UL 60950 and UL 508.