Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
H2W offers linear motion calculators
Calculators determine how much force and acceleration are necessary to achieve the desired motion profile, and even in selecting which is the best...
Rockwell Automation offers Batch Application Toolkit
Free toolkit contains a collection of application examples, videos, documentation and ISA-88 compliant sample code to provide technical guidance...
Rockwell and Microsoft develop Project Stanton
The Project Stanton toolkit enables Rockwell Automation offerings with a consistent Web-based user interface for a specific device; tablet,...
Imagination Technologies introduces Creator Ci40 IoT development kit
Creator Ci40 includes all the optimized hardware and open source software required for next-generation connected projects.
NEMA Publishes Electrical Standards & Products Guide
The 2016 Edition has a comprehensive listing of NEMA electrical standards as well as an extensive directory of manufacturers and their products.
Halter CNC robotic loading arm feeds anchor bolt milling machines
Since its installation, the robotic loading arm has increased output from its assigned CNC milling machine by at least 150 leaf chain anchor bolts...
The Path to Zero Downtime for Remote Assets
By Tom Craven, RRAMAC Connected Systems
Downtime is expensive to both equipment manufacturers and end-users, and amounts to losses greater than...
RIA appoints Carole Franklin Director of Standards Development
Franklin is an expert project manager and facilitator whose work with consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton included process improvement and...
The story behind the data
By Robert Golightly, AspenTech
The inside story of operational intelligence lies in rich visualization and analytics capabilities that improve...
HIMA upgrades safety at Aspropyrgos refinery
Greek oil company installs six HIMA safety systems to protect the refinery’s FCC complex, LPG spheres and circulation network, diesel...