Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
NEMA Publishes Circuit Breaker white paper
What is the Purpose of a Molded Case Circuit Breaker? NEMA ABP 6-2015 explains.
Jervis B. Webb announces SmartCart training program
Training program teaches customers how to maintain and modify their SmartCart Automatic Guided Carts.
Okuma adds Delcam Partmaker Multi-Channel Viewer App
App automatically aligns multi-channel CNC programs side by side for immediate viewing increasing shop productivity.
Exida publishes Safety Equipment Reliablity Handbook - 4th Edition
The SERH database provides a collection of failure rate data that is applicable for use in Safety Instrumented System (SIS) conceptual design...
Complimentary Sample & Part Analyis - New Facilities Lauch
This complimentary consultation provides organizations with equipment, software tools, technologies and recommendations to tackle distinct...
LabVIEW speeds up turf harvesting machine
By Steve Aposhian, FireFly Equipment
Using LabVIEW software and CompactRIO hardware in ProSlab 155 helped the smart machine harvest turf 25...
PLC runs gas pump tester
Vapor Systems Technologies uses a Unitronics Vision350 PLC +HMI to test gas pump nozzles through 1,000,000 cycles.
The Dawn of the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
By Ken Ball
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) were more of a technology evolution than a radical development. A noteworthy aspect about the...
Robotic Welding Advantages
By Tom Bonine, National Metal Fabricators
Robotic welding is highly cost-effective, especially for longer production runs where programming time...
AutomationDirect adds Hubbell-Wiegmann enclosures
AutomationDirect has added over 360 NEMA 4/12 and 4/4X/12 enclosures.