Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Hydrotech announces fluid power website
Site provides access to 53,000 products. Visitors can search by function, part number, model number, or brand
Badger Meter introduces RCVCALC valve sizing software
Free software guides specifiers through selecting the right control valve for any project.
Fluke updates free firmware for vibration tester
Upgrade for the Fluke 810 delivers overall vibration data, detailed diagnosis and actionable repair recommendations.
Wind River Introduces App Store for VxWorks RTOS
The app store includes packages ranging from safety, security, and storage to connectivity, graphics, and development tools.
NEMA Publishes Application Guideline for Terminal Blocks
NEMA ICS 4-2015 updates technical references to IEC 60947-7 series and ANSI/UL standards.
Cables in Motion Diagnostics
Cables in motion experience fatigue causing complete or intermittent failures whether or not that motion is constant. Fortunately,...
QC Industries' HydroClean Sanitary conveyors are BISSC certified
BISSC certifies that the conveyors conform to the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) qualification for design of bakery equipment.
Madison Area Technical College Partners with Rockwell Automation
Training program helps to help bridge skills gap for manufacturers in Southern Wisconsin.
SICK appoints Chris Soranno Safety Application Specialist
Soranno has more than 15 years of experience in the industrial safeguarding field, including designing machine safety system solutions.
A Practical Guide to Improving Temperature Measurement Accuracy
By Gary Prentice, Moore Industries
White paper shows how to select the best sensor for a particular application and ways to improve the accuracy...