Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Gilman Precision publishes Spindle Catalog
The products included are eight different series of belt-driven spindles, Mech-Tronix integrally motorized spindles, and standard spindle...
Service Center maintains material handling equipment
Center checks, maintains and rebuilds metal detection, material handling and magnetic equipment.
NK Technologies publishes product catalog
Comprehensive catalog completely covers current measurement
Procentec offers free Netilities Profinet diagnostics
Netilities graphical software tool is useful for engineering, monitoring and troubleshooting PROFINET installations.
ISA publishes book on wireless field devices
Wireless Control Foundation: Continuous and Discrete Control for the Process Industry, aims to improve wireless control planning, commissioning and...
CAS data acquisition system cleans up detergent tests
German detergent manufacturer Henkel replaced its old data recorders with 10 Delphin measurement data acquisition systems.
ISA announces Rick Roop as 2015 President
Roop is a financial management executive, an instrument and electrical engineer, and a power plant manager.
Automation Federation to conduct cybersecurity program
The program will be held at the ARC Industry Forum, 9-12 February in Orlando, Florida
HMS ranks Industrial networks
PROFIBUS is number one but PROFINET and EtherNet/IP are catching up.
Okuma names Brad Klippstein Controls Product Specialist
Klippstein holds a BS in Electrical Engineering and previously worked as a supervisor of CNC control and electrical design engineering.