Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
AutomationDirect publishes Free Automation 101 eBook
“Automation 101: An Industry Guide to Control System Engineering" is a general guide for the specification, design and installation of automated... MORE
LMI updates free Gocator Firmware for part scanning
Enhancements in Gocator 4.0 include a built-in capability to remove noise around the perimeter and interior of scanned surfaces or parts. MORE
Asset Performance Management: So Many Approaches, Yet...
By Dan Miklovic, LNS Research
The basic concepts of Asset Performance Management (APM) have been around for nearly 50 years. In this article,... MORE
Demystifying the Use of API 682 4th Edition from an...
By Wil Chin, United Electric Controls
After years of delays the API 682 4th edition was finally released this past May, signifying a change to... MORE
Four Key Considerations When Selecting SIS Sensors
By Rick Frauton, United Electric Controls
Without knowing the capabilities of old and new technologies, it’s highly likely that the wrong... MORE
Care in applying Analytics for Prediction and for...
By Carlos W. Moreno, Ultramax
What analyses of a database enable predictions which are valid in decision making. This review does not introduce... MORE