Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
PLCOpen and OPC Foundation release new edition of PLCopen OPC-UA Client for IEC 61131-3
The original version 1.0 was published 2 years ago. With a better user interface and better usability, users can specify function blocks that deal...
Sealevel releases Sealevel Mod+ Connect diagnostic and test utility app
The app is intended for use with SeaI/O Ethernet and wireless I/O modules, as well as Sealevel’s eI/O Ethernet and PoE compact I/O modules.
ABB releases update for System 800xA Minerals Library
The latest version expands plant operators’ ability to monitor and control safe production through direct object linking
NEMA releases revised version of NEMA MG 1 Motors and Generators guide
NEMA MG 1 addresses new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) regulations that require motor manufacturers to comply with efficiency targets. The new...
On-demand Webinar: Implementing Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Yields Big Results
This on-demand webinar will show Dell has used a strong history in manufacturing and value in partnership to build their IoT solutions partner...
Six Steps to Using the IoT to Deliver Maintenance Efficiency
By Kevin Terwilliger, Dell
This article discusses ways to utilize advanced IoT technology to enable successful predictive maintenance models for...
ISA and Beamex join to host flowmeter calibration webinar
The webinar, which will be held November 17 from 12-1:30 PM EST, will feature three automation experts: Nicole Meidl, Product Management Engineer,...
Protecting Industrial Control Systems: An Integrated Approach
By RKNeal, Inc.
The purpose of this whitepaper is to present a novel cybersecurity framework for deplaying and managing cyberthreat management...
True Cost of Ownership for Linear Position Sensors- Part 2
By Harold Schaevitz, Alliance Sensors Group
The second article, of a three part series, examines the strengths and weaknesses of industrial...
ISA opens Saudi Arabian training center at Jubail Industrial College
The Jubail-ISA Training Center brings ISA’s globally recognized automation and control instruction—as well as its certification review and...