Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
RST offers free on-line pressure equalisation calculator...
A user enters the enclosure volume, the start and end temperatures, the process time and the operating pressure differential, and the calculator... MORE
Eaton Releases Updated Electrical Protection Handbook
The book has been published for more than 50 years and covers the selection and application of overcurrent protective devices, including code,... MORE
Elmo announces Free Online Motion Control Practice System
Elmo is offering login access to its EASII Experience RPS for anyone to explore motors and drives in action, configure the EtherCAT network,... MORE
Moore Industries Video Shows Fault-Tolerant Fieldbus System
The video shows how the system avoids costly shutdowns related to faulty FOUNDATION Fieldbus or PROFIBUS PA segments. MORE
Yole says slow military spending killed IR sensor sales
Military market downturn and high price erosion have deeply affected traditional infrared imaging margins for the past few years at both sensor and... MORE
Measurement Specialties Opens factory in Chengdu, China
The 130,000 square foot facility is expected to grow from 550 employees currently to 2,000 employees within the next 5 years. MORE
A Matter of Risk Assessment, Liability & Compliance:...
By Geoffrey Peckham, Clarion Safety System
With the rise in product liability litigation based on “failure to warn” over the past several... MORE
Digital vs. Analog Outputs for LVDT Position Measurement
By Macro Sensors
While process instrumentation predominantly uses analog output such as voltages and currents, digital output is gaining... MORE