Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
BIG-EU releases BACnet Reference Catalog 2016
In the catalog, the BIG-EU presents 199 projects whose building automation solutions have been realized on the basis of the open BACnet standard.
Fiber Optic Center releases industry glossary
The FOC Glossary includes Acronyms and Military Specifications for Connectors in addition to the General Terms and Definition section. The goal is...
Sercos International releases version of Sercos Monitor as free download
The version supports the new features of Sercos version 1.3.1, as well as the recording and analysis of CIP Safety frames, the S/IP protocol and...
BIM Hub and CADENAS release joint mobile app for construction engineers
The BIMcatalogs.net add-on delivers access to intelligent 3D BIM CAD component data to engineers, designer and constructors worldwide from any...
PLCopen releases Coding Guidelines for industrial control programming
These rules are very useful to train users and can be a good basis for universities to help them teach IEC 61131-3 programming more efficiently, as...
Fundamentals of Industrial Control, Second Edition - $135.00
By D. A. Coggan
The book provides a wide range of topics including Internet communications, industrial communications network hardware and...
Wireless Industrial Switch/Sensor FAQs
By Leonard Patti, STEUTE Industrial Controls
This article compiles the most frequently asked questions as they relate to the range of currently...
WEISS completes dial plate to facilitate Jerit robotics
The design incorporates two robots−one SCARA (Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm) robot for glue dispensing, and one 6-axis robot for part...
Capacitive Vs Thermal MEMS for High-Vibration Applications
By James Fennally, MEMSIC
In most cases, equipment designers have a choice between capacitive-based or thermal MEMS (microelectromechanical)...
Westfalia enables automated storage for Glenmore Distillery
With Westfalia’s automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) and Savanna.NET warehouse execution system (WES), the 223,000 square-foot...