Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
GAM announces Mobile Web App
App accesses gear reducers, servo couplings and linear mounting kits from a smartphone or tablet.
MESA Releases KPI Markup Language
KPI-ML will help manufacturing companies implement the ISO 22400 standard thereby increasing the flow of key performance indicators within a...
Kooltronic updates enclosure air conditioning sizing software
Web software has been expanded to include air conditioners, heat exchangers, fans and blowers in a single user-friendly program.
Westermo updates free WeConfig configuration tool
Enhancements in WeConfig 1.2 enable time consuming and complex configuration of large networks to be implemented reliably in just minutes.
Intersil updates free PowerNavigator power system design software
Enhancements in Version 5.2 include PowerMap, Rail Inspector and RailScope features to simplify design of densely populated power systems
Servo2Go offers Advanced Motion Controls EtherCAT products
AMC’s EtherCAT products consist of panel mount and plug-in servo drives to allow for quick prototyping and ease of system integration.
Omron appoints Robert M. Black President & COO
Prior to joining Omron, Black served as Business Director for Sensing and Connectivity at Rockwell Automation.
Keyence inspects French PVC extrusions
At SPPF in France, a Keyence IM Series measures the dimensions of extrusions without any risk of variability.
Lee College Announces Fieldbus Training Schedule
The Fieldbus Certified Training Program (FCTP) released its 2015 Fieldbus Certified training schedule.
Business Conditions Indexes Retreat in May
Business conditions in North America declined for a second straight month in May, falling to 50 from 54.8 a month ago and from 58.3 in March