Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Red Lion Crimson Software Supports 300+ Protocols
Crimson-enabled products allow companies to easily integrate almost any PLC, PC or SCADA system for data collection, monitoring and control.
ITAMCO offers Apps for Machinists
The apps require iOS6.1 and can be purchased through the Apple App Store in iTunes. They are compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Industry newsletter October 2014
The Gallus Group chooses Secomea, Mitsubishi e-Factory Alliance Program, Increasing global awareness, part II, Pre-announcement of major release
Parker Hannifin introduces Rapid Service Unit
Rapid Service Unit can turn certain orders for critical fittings, hose-tube combinations and other custom pieces in the same day they are received.
Mouser releases Security Applications Site
Security Application Site simplifies security design by providing access to the latest security resources all in one place.
Passive RFID market reaches $8.89 billion
The RFID market is worth $8.89 billion, up from $7.77 billion in 2013 and $6.96 billion in 2012. This includes tags, readers and software/services...
Eplan Electric P8 adds Mitusbishi's GX Works2
The integration of Eplan Electric P8 and GX Works2 allows transferring data from electrical engineering directly into PLC programming.
Copenhagen cooks its valve actuators
The Metropolitan Copenhagen Heating Transmission Company (CTR) installed Rotork IQ3 valve actuators to replace actuators that suffered permanent...
Vision System Automates Mining Bridge Conveyor
HINZ developed a machine vision system that automatically measures the amount and distribution of potash on a mining conveyor as it is loaded by...
SDI-12 Protocol Provides Benefits in Environmental Data Acquisition (EDA)
By Cindy Hollenbeck, SoftPLC
SDI-12 stands for serial data interface at 1200 baud. It is a standard communications protocol to interface...