Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Mentor Graphics introduces Mentor Safe ISO 26262 qualification programs
Mentor is an automotive systems supplier providing design tools and embedded software in the areas of connectivity, electrification, autonomous...
CC-Link announces launch of CC-Link IE Field Basic
This is an open field network using general-purpose 100Mbps Ethernet communication and is a new network mode in the CC-Link IE Ethernet-based...
KASTO introduces KASTO machine monitoring app
The KASTOapp displays the status of all KASTO sawing machines in the network that are equipped with the EasyControl or ExpertControl systems.
Fluke announces Motor and Drive Troubleshooting course
The Fluke Motor and Drive Troubleshooting Course delivers critical knowledge so maintenance professionals can gain the practical diagnostic skills...
3S-Smart Software Solutions announces enhanced CODESYS training offerings
There are suitable programs for different groups of users, from an entry-level course introducing in the work with basic functions of CODESYS V3...
Wireless Switches & Sensors - New Control Possibilities
By Steute USA
Clearly, wireless technology has been widely accepted and embraced in the industrial community. This has resulted in the development...
Schneider Electric recognizes 50th anniversary of SimSci process simulation solution
SimSci process simulation solutions serve 23 of the world’s top 25 petroleum companies; 48 of the top 50 chemical companies; and all of the top...
Lenze Americas announces appointment of Ralph Rosa as president
Rosa brings a strong track record to Lenze with more than 25 years of experience at Eaton Corporation in the controls, automation, power...
FIPA delivers machine handling for Foilpuller automated sheet metal system
Featuring cycle times of 30–45 seconds, the CNC-controlled Foilpuller with FIPA EOAT and vacuum technology automates the film-removal process for...
Empowering the Workforce to Control the Future of Automation
By Peter Martin, Schneider Electric Process Automation
Connected products are expected to approach 30 billion by 2020, with utilities,...