Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Moxa releases free firmware for Multiport Router
Free EDR-810 firmware lets network administrators implement firewall security without time-consuming re-configuring of network subnets
Lapp USA releases Catalog Tablet App
The cable and connector catalog app is available in both iOS and Android
Inductive Automation Adds Courses to Inductive University
Free Online Software Training now includes Track & Trace, Web Services, and Instrument Interface courses.
Wachendorff introduces Intelligent encoder configurator
Encoder configurator supplies a configured data sheet
MicroPower publishes Product Guide
Guide covers DC/DC converters, AC/DC power supplies, high brightness LED drivers, POL switching regulators and IGBT drivers.
Manufacturing Institute issues 419,000 Certifications Since 2011
Over the past year, the Institute and its partners have issued 129,084 certifications, bringing the total to 419,528 certifications issued since...
Patti Engineering controls Hill Country Bakery
Patti provided engineering, design and implementation of an automated temperature monitoring system.
Spectronics Promotes Limin Chen to VP of Manufacturing
Chen began his career at Spectronics in 1993 as a Mechanical Product Development Engineer.
Aegis supplies MES to Exception EMS
Exception EMS is investing over £300k in an improved production system based around the Aegis FactoryLogix platform.
Top 5 problems with HMIs
By Jonathan Wilkins, European Automation
The static days of the monolithic monitor are beginning to make way for smaller, portable interfaces that...