Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
ODVA releases updated EtherNet/IP spec for Power Management
The latest EtherNet/IP Specification provides the framework for users to design energy-conserving functionality into their products for when...
Rockwell Automation creates Machinery Safety System Integrator program
Program helps manufacturers identify safety system integrators with current safety standards expertise, a proven track record in building safety...
Emerson releases RTU and HART configuration suite
The software suite enables local and remote configuration and real-time HART device monitoring in remote oil and gas applications such as wellhead...
Dwyer publishes 2015 instrumentation and controls CD
CD contains product pricing, applications, dimensions, specifications and tutorial videos.
Tooling U-SME announces Competency Framework training
Competency Framework helps companies combat the increasing talent shortage and achieve stronger performance from their workforce.
Variable speed drives help regulate energy consumption
Control Engineering Europe
Emerson Powerdrive MD2 variable speed drives help regulate the energy consumption of a central fume aspiration system...
Packaging manufacturer to save £60,000 on energy bill with ABB drives
Process and Control Today
Smurfit Kappa produces cardboard materials such as shelf ready packaging, trays and bottle carriers. It hopes to save...
PLC helps pump OEM create water pressure boosting systems
Process & Control
Plad Equipment uses ABB's AC500 PLC to produce application-specific pump systems for boosting water pressure in high-rise...
Video smoke detection protects South African power station
Fike’s camera-based SigniFire detection system at Arnot Power Station in South Africa can visually detect the presence of...
ABB robot palletising system features in world’s first mobile packaging plant
RM Group’s mobile packaging plant uses ABB’s IRB 6640 and IRB 460 robots as part of a system designed to provide customers with a...