PI publishes Positioning and Motion Control Catalog
July 17, 2013 - PI (Physik Instrumente) publishes Positioning and Motion Control Catalog
The publication covers PI and PI miCos precision positioning technologies and product families from motorized linear translation stages to 6-axis parallel kinematic positioners and from piezo flexure nanopositioning systems to high-speed ceramic linear motors along with the associated drivers and motion controllers.
In addition to product specifications, the high-quality-print catalog also contains fundamental information on several micropositioning and nanopositioning technologies; high-resolution sensor technologies; parallel-kinematic positioning basics; as well as a comprehensive tutorial on piezo technology The catalog integrates with PI's website and is not intended to be a collection of datasheets, The main focus is providing an overview on different motion technologies and pointing the user in the right direction. CAD drawings, manuals and other detailed documentation can be obtained from the internet and PI's application engineers are available to further discuss the application.
Examples of technologies and product families covered:
- Several types of ceramic linear motors (ultrasonic, stick-slip, piezowalk…)
- Several types of motorized linear stages (linear motor, stepper motor, leadscrew / ballscrew)
- Several types of rotation stages (air bearing, worm-drive, torque motor, stepper motor, piezo motor)
- Several types of piezo flexure nanopositioning systems (open / closed-loop, serial and parallel-kinematics, variety of feedback and driving methods)
- Several types of parallel and serial kinematics positioning systems (SpaceFAB, Hexapod, stacked stages)
- Precision positioning products for high-resolution microscopy
- Several types of linear actuators (piezo, servo, stepper motorized)
- Motion controllers for piezo systems, hexapods, servo motors, piezo motors, and stepper motors
- Miniature positioning stages with different motor drives
- Piezo ceramics / piezo actuators
- Fast steering mirrors
- Photonics alignment systems
The PI group provides the broadest and deepest portfolio of precision motion technologies, from micropositioning to sub-nanometer precision positioning equipment for markets as diverse as semiconductor manufacturing, bio-technology, photonics, aerospace and medical engineering. PI has 4 decades of experience with the design and manufacture of precision positioning systems based on piezoceramic and electromagnetic drives. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with 10 subsidiaries, R&D / engineering on 3 continents and total staff of 750+
Elmo announces Free Online Motion Control Practice System
Elmo is offering login access to its EASII Experience RPS for anyone to explore motors and drives in action, configure the EtherCAT network,... MORE
Moore Industries Video Shows Fault-Tolerant Fieldbus System
The video shows how the system avoids costly shutdowns related to faulty FOUNDATION Fieldbus or PROFIBUS PA segments. MORE
ISA and Beamex to host web seminar on configuring and...
The web seminar will be held on 31 July 2014 from noon to 1:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. MORE
Emerson introduces online asset management tool for...
Asset Management Program (AMP) for couplings is an online tool for tracking the location, life history and latest revision drawings and... MORE
Single hop inter-VLAN routing to enable new GM networks
Industrial Ethernet Book
By Gary Workman, General Motors
The proposed architecture will route EtherNet/IP implicit message traffic between... MORE
Contactless solution enables efficient production processes
Industrial Ethernet Book
More efficient production processes are being enabled by contactless transmission of data and power that is, in turn,... MORE