Mechanical Designer (2609763) - 10573
- Shelby Township, Michigan
- automationtechies, MC
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Design Engineering
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Designer for our client in the Rochester Hills / Shelby Township, MI area.
The company hiring is a provider of custom assembly, automation, and test systems to manufacturing companies around the world. The individual they are looking for must have strong machine design skills and want a long-term career in mechanical engineering.
Other requirements for this Mechanical Designer position include experience in special machine design, 2D Autocad, and either Inventor 3D, Mechanical Desktop, or SolidWorks (preferred).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical concept and design based on line up, specifications and part data.
- Ability to use standard or reference designs for creation of new designs.
- Prepare designs utilizing 2d and 3d CAD.
- Create accurate B.O.M.'s .
- Ability to perform and document basic calculations to verify design integrity, such as beam stress calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing principles.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial technology used as a tool for creation of designs.
- Knowledge and proper use of materials and commercially available stock.
- Organizing and maintaining CAD files.
- Knowledge and use of Industry Engineering Standards for construction and clarification of assembly drawing.
- Knowledge and use of Industry Standards for safety and ergonomics.
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers