FEATURED ARTICLESin Electrical & Control Panels
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
Harmonic Distortion in Data Centers
By Ian Wallace, TCI
While harmonics can negatively impact power reliability and cooling costs, this article presents solutions such as active...
Analyzing space requirements for side-by-side PSU operation
In this topic, we take a look at the constraints of operating 2 PSU side by side and what are the special installation requirements under such...
Thermal imaging electrical maintenance application
By Tony Shockey
Thermal imaging is a non-contact way to find electrical problems. Loading, safety, and emissivity are important points to consider...
NEWSin Electrical & Control Panels
- ABB's John Malinowski recieves Motor Summit 16 award
- MENNEKES introduces online power distribution configuration tool
- Phoenix Contact announces investment in Windesco
- HARTING and Arrow Electronics announce partnership expansion
- Nordson ASYMTEK welcomes two Swiss distributors to provide customer support
- Siemens to highlight IIoT applications at SPS IPC Drives 2016
- ABB announces Dr. Jef Beerten as first winner of ABB Research Award
- ABB announces Stage 3 launch of reorganization strategy
- Delaware Electric Cooperative chooses OSI's SCADA system
- NEMA works with CEMEP to drive new motor efficiency standards
- SMTA presents Nordson with SMTA Corporate Partnership Award
- ABB announces NKT Cables acquisition of ABB's cable system business
PRODUCT NEWSin Electrical & Control Panels
Fujitsu announces FTR-K1-HC power relay
The FTR-K1-HC relay is suitable for appliance applications such as oven controls, electric heating and air conditioners; smart home automation...
IBASE announces MI811 Mini-ITX motherboard
The MI811 Mini-ITX Motherboard comes built in with the Intel 2.5GHz Pentium QC N4200 or Celeron DC N3350 processors. Measuring 170mm by 170mm, the...
Panduit introduces Verisafe Absence of Voltage tester
The patent-pending VeriSafe Absence of Voltage Tester simplifies the voltage verification process through automation, which reduces risk of worker...
MEDIAin Electrical & Control Panels
RESOURCESin Electrical & Control Panels
NEMA MG 1 addresses new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) regulations that require motor manufacturers to comply with efficiency targets. The new...
MicroPower Direct's free power conversion glossary contains 19 pages and 800 definitions of terms associated with a range of power technologies and...
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
WHITE PAPERSin Electrical & Control Panels
Harsh environments similar to those found in water and wastewater facilities can affect the ability of an electrical enclosure to...
Many equipment manufacturers have switched from point-to-point (hard) wiring to connector-based cable assemblies in factory and...
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
CASE STUDIESin Electrical & Control Panels
NS Wash put suppliers on notice to find quality enclosures at a fair price. One came back with some Stahlin Non-Metallic enclosures samples
The confectioner needed to upgrade its chewing gum sheeter machines, with a retrofit of servomotor and drive technologies as well as implementation...
A US-based specialist in the supply of complete electrical packages for oil rig cranes is using Control Techniques AC and DC drives as part of a...