- Next frontier: Operator-automation relationship
- Drive up to Four Independent Full HD Displays from a Single CPU Module
- Smart Panel Technology: Intelligent Control Solutions Offer Both Flexibility and Reliability
- Windows XP in automation – time for action
- Building An HMI That Works: Best Practices For Operator Interface Design
- Human Machine Interface Systems
- Improving performance, accuracy, and reliability in touch-screen based applications
- Data Access, Mobility: 'Open' for Business
- HMIs at an Inflection Point?
- An HMI is more than just icing on a cake
- HMI Everywhere
- Selecting the right SCADA technology
- Sleepless in Software City
- MAC Solutions buys ProcessVue Alarm Management
- Express Logic hires Ken Maxwell to direct GUI
- PcVue to resell Canary Labs software
- PAS Expands into Southern Europe
- Beijer Electronics opens New US Headquarters
- ICONICS Achieves OPC UA Lab Certification for GENESIS64
- Yokogawa to design Oil Refinery control rooms
- Kepware President and CEO to present at Fall Industrial Automation Events
- Data Protection for BYOD
- Lower Price Leads to Decline in Operator Terminal Revenues
- ABB to upgrade Heimdal offshore platform in North Sea
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
The ASM Consortium revised the display design guidelines after 5 years, following its first ‘Effective Operator Display Design Guidelines’ published in 2008.
FactoryTalk VantagePoint Mobile App works natively for Windows 8.1, taking advantage of the new features in Microsoft’s latest operating system update.
MuraControl for iPad is an intuitive touch panel interface that replicates the video wall on the tablet so users can effortlessly switch, scale, and manage inputs to create and/or access previously saved layouts.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Larry Combs, InduSoft
Although cloud computing is becoming more common, it’s relatively new for SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) applications. By moving to a cloud-based environment, SCADA providers and users can significantly reduce costs, achieve greater reliability, and enhance functionality.
By Fabio Terezinho, InduSoft
Automating electrical distribution systems by implementing a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system is the one of the most cost-effective solutions for improving reliability, increasing utilization and cutting costs.
By Rich Harwell, Eaton
A combination HMI-PLC plays a pivotal role in the design of a truly lean automation solution, providing a host of benefits throughout the life cycle of machine automation. For OEMs and control engineers alike, this means that it is easier to build smaller, smarter machines faster.
CASE STUDIESview all
Michigan Custom Machines uses Cimquest INGEAR PLC drivers to build custom HMIs for their customers while reducing the per-machine cost of their equipment.
Package Machinery converted to HMIs, servo drives, servo motors and I/O systems supplied by B&R Industrial Automation.
By G. Duane Grob and Robert F. Stocker
The Narragansett Bay Commission (NBC) has two wastewater treatment plants. Each plant had a different control system technology and HMIs. NBC upgraded to a new HMI at both plants using industry-standard HMI software.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
Bakersfield, CA, USA
This course combines lecture and hands-on labs to provide an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers are provided with a foundation for communication with other control system professionals. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.