FEATURED ARTICLESin Machine Safety
- ATEX - How To Prevent Explosions & Control Their Effects
- EN ISO 14119 and an alternative to escape release devices
- Do PLe applications need two interlocks?
- Compressed air safety on machines, and regulatory compliance
- Ten things you need to know about machine guarding standards
- 9 Tactics To Build A Best In Class Safety Program To Impact Your Bottom Line
- Preventing A Violation, Protecting Your Workers
- Programmed Safety Pays Off
- Safety-Rated Speed Control
- The Changing Landscape of Modern Safety
- Do You Believe In Safety Factors?
- Eliminating black boxes in safety applications
NEWSin Machine Safety
- Phoenix Contact mGuard obtains Class I, Division 2 approval
- Industrial Machinery Market to Double Growth in 2014
- Safety Network International certifies Hokuyo EWF SafetyNET
- NTMA forms Combat Robots League
- Pneumatrol gains NEPSI approval for solenoids
- Packaging adds safety, other benefits
- Microprecision Electronics achieves UL 61058 for snap action microswitches
- Asia to surpass American market for machine-safety components
- Falcon Electric Achieves UL 508 Listing for UPSes
- Application Coverage for CIP Safety Expanded to Safe Motion
- Nevada tank farm explosion due to overfilling
- British Columbia work safety agency under fire after flawed sawmill blast investigation
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Machine Safety
MEDIAin Machine Safety
RESOURCESin Machine Safety
Leine & Linde provide reliability data for their 500 and 800 series encoders in support of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Topics covered include importing Process Hazards Analysis data, performing SIL Determination studies using Risk Graph and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) Loop Verification/Validation, Safety Requirements Specifications, and Reporting.
The SMI tool helps manufacturers see where they measure in safety culture, compliance and capital.
WHITE PAPERSin Machine Safety
By Jeff Wuendry, SICK
This white paper explains the available types of backup sensing solutions on manned forklifts, their respective advantages and disadvantages, the most common applications, and key considerations when selecting a system.
Safety laser scanners have been used for years, protecting people, machines
and facilities. Safety laser scanners now offer a small footprint combined with simple operation and flexibility, and potential for remote diagnostics and troubleshooting.
By Tyler Glieden, SICK
By reducing the need for physical guards and barriers, light curtains can increase the maintainability of the equipment they are protecting. Light curtains using pattern and object recognition require fewer sensors and less wiring while providing a safety solution that’s secure.
CASE STUDIESin Machine Safety
The safety PLC provided the platform for Sandvik Materials Technology to add zoned safety guarding to a large cold rolling mill at its Sandviken plant in Sweden.
By Bob Zweifel, Littelfuse
Kansas City Power & Light installed an arc flash relay to protect workers and equipment at its La Cygne Kansas Unit 2 facility, which was undergoing a planned outage. The team selected a PGR-8800 arc flash relay made by Littelfuse.
Control Engineering Europe
Siemens supported AddisonMckee, a manufacturer of tube bending and end forming technologies, through the development of a new electric axis bending machine by offering a comprehensive safety assessment, consultancy and validation process.
EVENTSin Machine Safety
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
AUTOMATICA is an international trade show with about 700 Exhibitors and covers the entire value chain for automation and mechatronics as well as professional service robotics under one roof.
RSTechED is a training event for end-users, systems integrators, partners and OEMs. With the latest Rockwell Automation products and technology solutions on display, participants will gain an in-depth understanding of how the Integrated Architecture is information-enabling global companies.