FEATURED ARTICLESin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
- Popularity of permanent magnet motors on the rise
- How has the new IE4 classification changed the motor market?
- Three drive-networking rules to reduce electrical noise
- A new option for motor-position feedback: Built-in resolver design
- Trends in Industrial Motors & Drives
- Safety-Rated Speed Control
- Tuning Tools Maintain Harmony in PID Loops
- Drives Integrate, Gain Intelligence
- Go beyond horsepower when sizing a servo motor
- Mechatronic design tools and scalable control solutions help manufacturers optimize energy efficiency and lower total cost of ownership.
- Schneider Electric's Integration of Invensys
- 2014 Manufacturing Outlook from Siemens CEO
NEWSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Down in February
- Mitsubishi Electric Opens Training Center in Massachusetts
- Industrial Machinery Market to Double Growth in 2014
- ABB donates eight drives to Waukesha County Technical College
- Bluffton Motor Works Acquires RAE
- NovaTorque appoints Ramon Guitart Vice President of Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Up and Down in January
- Consecutive Years of Low Growth thwart MV Motor Market
- Tolomatic ERD Electric Cylinder Receives USDA Approval
- Global Motion Control Shipments down
- Beckhoff Promotes Aurelio Banda to VP of Sales and Marketing
- infoteam Software names Siegfried Schülein Business Segment Head
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
MEDIAin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
RESOURCESin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
MotionCompass web-based application helps provide mini motor solutions based on unique motion requirements for various applications.
Manual explains the Moog Animatics Class 5 SmartMotor support for the CANopen protocol.
App is for any novice or experienced engineer who uses motion control products in their industrial automation machinery.
WHITE PAPERSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
By Joe Kimbrell, AutomationDirect
Variable frequency drives — or VFDs — can reduce energy consumption, improve realtime control, and lengthen motor life. Selecting the right one for your application requires asking the correct questions. Here are some expert tips to consider.
By Tyler Glieden, SICK
By reducing the need for physical guards and barriers, light curtains can increase the maintainability of the equipment they are protecting. Light curtains using pattern and object recognition require fewer sensors and less wiring while providing a safety solution that’s secure.
By National Instruments
White paper explains the challenges machine builders face today and demonstrates proven methods and solutions to get ahead of the competition. Discusses the impact graphical system design and customizable off-the-shelf hardware has on the design process and business success.
CASE STUDIESin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
An multi-axis motion controller and high level software development environment from ABB is helping Rollem - a specialist print machinery manufacturer - to rapidly evolve its modular finishing system.
A smart servo drive from Metronix has allowed Pfankuch, a manufacturer of friction feeder systems for inserting leaflets and products into sales packaging, to increase the speed of its SmartFeeder by 50% while doubling positioning accuracy.
Modular liquid-cooled drives and PLCs from ABB have been included in VARD ELECTRO’s innovative, application-specific propulsion and thruster power solutions for offshore supply vessels.
EVENTSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
Elmia Automation is the leading trade show in Sweden on industrial automation for manufacturing industries. The show showcases complete solutions for efficient and automated production. The leading suppliers of components and industrial robots together with expert suppliers of machine building and customized solutions show the advantages of industrial automation.
As one of the two largest motor & magnetic material expos, this expo covers an area of 15,000 m2 , displaying exhibits of four fields, motor industry, magnetic and amorphous material, electronic transformers and power supply industry, winding machine and motor manufacturing, which attracts many industry leaders