- 2014 Automation Trends for material handling, logistics and machine tools
- The Changing Face of Industrial Automation
- Increase motor reliability by monitoring and reducing operating temperature
- Bye-Bye, Windows? So Long, Ladder?
- Flameproof motors in the offshore environment
- Are inverter-rated motors essential: Yes or No?
- Take Advantage of the Latest Features in Compact AC Drives
- Deterministic Motion Required
- Improving motion network noise immunity
- 10 Things to Consider When Selecting a VFD
- Case Closed for Servomotors
- Optimizing Machines Using Programmable Drives
- Exlar joins Rockwell Automation's Encompass Partner program
- 2 Trends Impacting Motion Controls
- ABB to supply mill drives to copper-cobalt mine in the Congo
- Aerotech ships $1 Billion in motion control products
- Motion Control Shipments Down 5.4% in 2013
- Rockwell Automation to Acquire Jacobs Automation
- Yaskawa Signs DRV as Medium Voltage Drive Distributor
- Low Power AC Drives Market growing in India
- Geared Products market to Expand by More than $1 Billion
- BEI Kimco's VCA goes to asteroids
- Beckhoff Automation hires five engineers
- Ulrich Spiesshofer takes over at ABB
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
On-line training Program includes a 20-Course eTraining Program on Electrical and Motor Controls (EMC) and a 17-session course on Programmable Controllers (PLC).
Altivar 212 mobile programming application and iPad converter cable allow users to perform all Altivar 212 and S-Flex drives programming through Apple iPads.
This support channel can handle virtually all makes and models (inch and metric) and return the reconditioned ball screws quickly to service.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Tyler Glieden, SICK
By reducing the need for physical guards and barriers, light curtains can increase the maintainability of the equipment they are protecting. Light curtains using pattern and object recognition require fewer sensors and less wiring while providing a safety solution that’s secure.
By National Instruments
White paper explains the challenges machine builders face today and demonstrates proven methods and solutions to get ahead of the competition. Discusses the impact graphical system design and customizable off-the-shelf hardware has on the design process and business success.
By Karl A. Meier, Advanced Motion Controls
White paper describes the evolution of motion and control system architectures and what new benefits are realized today when using EtherCAT, whether for a large number of axes or simple systems using just a few.
CASE STUDIESview all
A Russian–based metal works needed to replace an old and increasingly obsolete rail straightening machine. It needed a new, more flexible and robust computer-controlled system to aid increased efficiencies and specification for new higher grades of rail.
These systems include the largest low-speed dual pinion mill drives in the world. The first line has been in operation since January, the second since February and commercial production was reached by mid-August 2013.
What’s New in Process Technology
Modern plastic bag-making machines often have two servomotor based axes - web feed and cut/seal - plus a mechanically linked third axis for ‘picking off’ the finished bags. UK machine builders Hartech Engineering and GPL Machinery developed a machine that also implements servo control on this third axis to provide programmable ‘electronic cam’ control of pick-off action.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
Motor Expo is an annual trade fair presenting the most advanced technologies and innovations in motor industry. Established in 2003, Motor Expo now celebrates 12 consecutive years of steady growth in China.
Shenzhen (China) International Small Motor, Electric Machinery & Magnetic Materials Exhibition is jointly launched by Wise Exhibition (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd and several specialized industrial organizations from motor and magnetic industries and now has been successfully held for 11 years.
Bakersfield, CA, USA
This course combines lecture and hands-on labs to provide an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers are provided with a foundation for communication with other control system professionals. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.