- Drives Integrate, Gain Intelligence
- Go beyond horsepower when sizing a servo motor
- Mechatronic design tools and scalable control solutions help manufacturers optimize energy efficiency and lower total cost of ownership.
- Schneider Electric's Integration of Invensys
- 2014 Manufacturing Outlook from Siemens CEO
- What machine builders need to know about exporting to the USA
- Smartphones' Impact On Motor Suppliers
- Cooling Tower Motors Improve Reliability
- Using energy-efficient electric motors to meet Energy Directives
- Factory Automation Design & the AC-DC Equation
- System Integration Break Through
- Motors and Drives: Control and efficiency shape the industry
- Consecutive Years of Low Growth thwart MV Motor Market
- Tolomatic ERD Electric Cylinder Receives USDA Approval
- Global Motion Control Shipments down
- Beckhoff Promotes Aurelio Banda to VP of Sales and Marketing
- infoteam Software names Siegfried Schülein Business Segment Head
- Festo signs four Distributors
- Energy Regulations boost sales of High-Priced IE3 Class Motors
- BEI Kimco tests actuators to 50 million cycles
- Global Motor market to reach $120.68 billion by 2019
- Texas A&M University receives motor research grant
- Mining Automation in Europe and Russia needs motor drives
- Motion-control Market Revenues Fall Short in 2013
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSview all
- Applied Motion Products announces BL200-H04-I BLDC Motor
- BEI Kimco Magnetics releases LA08-10-000A Voice Coil Actuator
- Physik Instrumente introduces P-736.ZR nanopositioning system
- Novotechnik updates RFC4800 rotary angle sensors
- HEIDENHAIN releases LC Series linear encoders with Mitsubishi interface
Manual explains the Moog Animatics Class 5 SmartMotor support for the CANopen protocol.
App is for any novice or experienced engineer who uses motion control products in their industrial automation machinery.
Forum topics include pneumatics, servo pneumatics, electric drives, software, fieldbus, process automation, sensors and vision, directives and standards, and more.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Joe Kimbrell, AutomationDirect
Variable frequency drives — or VFDs — can reduce energy consumption, improve realtime control, and lengthen motor life. Selecting the right one for your application requires asking the correct questions. Here are some expert tips to consider.
By Tyler Glieden, SICK
By reducing the need for physical guards and barriers, light curtains can increase the maintainability of the equipment they are protecting. Light curtains using pattern and object recognition require fewer sensors and less wiring while providing a safety solution that’s secure.
By National Instruments
White paper explains the challenges machine builders face today and demonstrates proven methods and solutions to get ahead of the competition. Discusses the impact graphical system design and customizable off-the-shelf hardware has on the design process and business success.
CASE STUDIESview all
Universal Robots was able to embed the motors directly into the articulation axes of UR 5 and UR 10 robots without need for additional housings.
Process and Control Today
Ford’s Dunton Technical Centre, in Essex, UK, installed AC650V variable speed drives on pumps in the boiler house and achieved energy savings of up to 40%. The two HPHW pumps previously used a fixed-speed drive solution which resulted in significant amounts of power being wasted.
Process and Control Today
Bogense Plast, which produces plastic components, installed eight 30-55 kW Danfoss VLT Automation Drives in injection-molding machines and on the free coolers used to chill water, resulting in a 40 percent reduction in energy consumption and savings amounting to approximately 53,600 euros annually.
Attend ODVA’s 2014 Industry Conference. Choose from over 25 sessions on technical innovations and strategic market initiatives. Learn from developers, end users, and OEMs. Collaborate in developer workshops. Network with over 100 of your peers.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
This free training class is the ideal platform to keep automation professionals engaged with AS-Interface technology. The following topics are covered: AS-Interface basics, functional safety (Safety-at-Work), AS-Interface in process automation, a wide range of application examples, participation in hands-on demonstrations, and the ease of PLC connectivity to AS-Interface.