FEATURED ARTICLESin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
Top-Down Security Approach – The Final Stage for OT Protection and Compliance
By Shmulik Aran, NextNine
This article, the fourth and final article in a series on OT security management for the manufacturing industry, will...
True Cost of Ownership for Linear Position Sensors- Part 2
By Harold Schaevitz, Alliance Sensors Group
The second article, of a three part series, examines the strengths and weaknesses of industrial...
Cybersecurity for Industrial Control Systems Cannot Wait
By Jeff Hussey, Tempered Networks
Today’s industrial control systems (ICS) represent critical operational assets across many organizations and...
True Cost of Ownership for Linear Position Sensors- Part 1
By Harold Schaevitz, Alliance Sensors
This first article, of a three part series, discusses the true cost of the utilization of position sensors...
NEWSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
- Bosch Rexroth to highlight IIoT packaging solutions at PACK EXPO 2016
- Beckhoff opens new facility in Mason, Ohio
- Red Lion announces Jack Lee as new company president
- Honeywell’ Users Conference to highlight digital transformation for industrial controls
- ABB announces Dr. Jef Beerten as first winner of ABB Research Award
- NEMA works with CEMEP to drive new motor efficiency standards
- Beckhoff opens Texas sales and support facility
- Siemens announces mining drive system based off PES motor
- MCAA appoints Teresa Sebring as President of the Association
- T&M Associates announces Ivica Cacic as Senior Automation Specialist
- Beckhoff to highlight IIoT hardware and software tools at IMTS
- Koch Industries announces strategic agreement with AC Kinetics to provide VFD software
PRODUCT NEWSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
Neugart introduces WPLFE gearbox
The WPLFE gearbox is designed for applications with tight space constraints and powerful torque requirements.
JVL Industri Elektronik announces MIS23 series of stepper motor
The NEMA23 integrated motors can be operated as stand-alone units or controlled from a PLC or PC. The 8 I/Os can be individually configured as...
H2W releases TWR-070-410-1150-3PH rotary servo motor
The rotary 3-phase brushless motor, also known as a rotary servo motor, is a direct drive motor that is ideal for limited or unlimited, closed loop...
MEDIAin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
RESOURCESin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
This pre-recorded webinar is designed to explain how to add and program EtherNet/IP products when using EDS files, and some short cuts that this...
NEMA MG 1 addresses new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) regulations that require motor manufacturers to comply with efficiency targets. The new...
The Android application is designed to solve linear motion calculations, with a range of velocity profiles. This helps the user understand which...
WHITE PAPERSin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
By Dr. Jürgen Gallus, PI
Vacuum applications are of growing importance due to technologies that can only be applied in vacuum or cryogenic...
In order to provide smooth production processes with critical machine vision applications, building a rugged Ethernet network is...
By Joe Kimbrell, AutomationDirect
The decision to replace existing motors with newer premium efficiency motors can be difficult. And, a common...
CASE STUDIESin Motion Control, Motors & Drives
The fully automated deep freeze warehouse will be built in Wielsbeke (90 km West of Brussels) on a 25-hectare lot. Alongside the storage...
The motor, which provides the plant with finely ground coal dust to meet the plant's primary energy needs, is operated in a hazardous area...
The confectioner needed to upgrade its chewing gum sheeter machines, with a retrofit of servomotor and drive technologies as well as implementation...