- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- 7 Ways Signal Noise Can Impact Your Electrical Equipment
- What you should know before choosing between metal and X-ray inspection
- ADCs in SoCs – Just a placeholder or a vital subsection?
- How to Reduce Warranty Costs Attributed to Temperature Sensors
- Selecting Proximity Sensors for High Temperature Applications
- Color Sensors Displace Older Methods
- Artificial intelligence tools can aid sensor systems
- The long and short of connecting sensors to control rooms
- Displacement and temperature sensors get smaller and smarter
- Building a Black Box for Your Business
- US Digital Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- Energy harvesting technologies forecast
- The Rise of Thermoelectrics
- Ulrich Spiesshofer takes over at ABB
- Six BEI Encoders meet CENELEC/ATEX and IECEx specs
- Innovative Sensor Technology opens HQ building
- Omega Engineering opens office in Singapore
- Endress+Hauser Announces Training Schools for November and December
- Food and Beverage Industry wants more sensors
- FRABA-POSITAL’s sensors in Rockwell Automation’s Encompass program
- ISSC-Kanson Appoints Arthur Filson President
- Electro-Sensors appoints David L. Klenk CEO
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
1000 pp catalog contains photoelectric, inductive, capacitive and cylinder sensors, along with accessories and cables.
The easy-to-install software enables the simultaneous use of several match, area and/or blemish sensors across various regions of interest in a single inspection.
Brochure describes Portable and Process Thermal Imaging Cameras, IR pyrometers, Portable Single Point Non-Contact Thermometers, Two-Wire Loop Powered Pyrometers, and precision Blackbody Calibration Sources.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Macro Sensors
While DC-LVDTs eliminate the need for calibration and additional equipment, AC-LVDTs continue to possess their own set of benefits.
The evolution of absolute encoders has been driven by changing application demands and new communication platforms. Today, advancements in highly precise positioning capabilities and communication network technology saves costs, simplifies systems, And increases flexibility for OEMs.
This white paper identifies the various units of pressure measurement, while discussing when and why certain pressure measurements are used in specific applications.
CASE STUDIESview all
Mantracourt Electronics’ miniature load cell and strain gauge amplifier (ICA4S) was chosen as a key component in a project to build a drill that recently extracted a 763m ice core from the Ross Ice Shelf in western Antarctica.
A research team at Imperial College London is developing a new supercharger test rig. The supercharger is driven by an electric motor which runs the supercharger up to 24,000rpm, providing up to 36 lb-ft of torque. A Kistler torque sensor is located in one shaft, replicating the engine crankshaft.
Control Engineering Europe
Sensonics supplied 15 sets of Senturion proximity probes monitoring a range of functions on turbo blowers, including relative shaft vibration, rotational speed and thrust positions at a project involving the relighting of a blast furnace at the SSI steelworks in the UK.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
The IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC) is the most important international conference sponsored by the IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society every year.
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
This popular course offers a combination of practical information and hands-on experience, covering proper installation, calibration, and maintenance of electronic instruments. You will examine characteristics of electronic control systems; techniques for installing electronic instruments; and procedures for configuring and calibrating transmitters, transducers, and controllers.
Bakersfield, CA, USA
This course combines lecture and hands-on labs to provide an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers are provided with a foundation for communication with other control system professionals. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.