FEATURED ARTICLESin Industrial Networks
DHS Best Practices to Secure ICS Communications
By Daniel Crum, Owl Computing Technologies, Inc.
The US Department of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the FBI and NSA, has released...
Inside Turck’s Industrial Control Edge Devices - Embedded PLC & ARGEE Logic Engines
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Keeping consistent with Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 concepts and architectures, Turck has embedded...
The Open Group Launches Initial Meeting of Open Process Automation Forum
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Focused on developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture, the Open...
Industry's New Breed of IoT System Integrator
By Bill Lydon, Automation.com
Cisco Live 2016 afforded the opportunity to discuss the necessity of IT/OT convergence in an IIoT environment with...
NEWSin Industrial Networks
- Moxa announces Turbo Pack 3 firmware upgrade for industrial Ethernet switches
- HARTING announces partnership with Heilind Electronics
- Red Lion earns 'Leadership in Automation' award
- EnOcean announces Andreas Schneider as next CEO
- HARTING CEO to discuss manufacturing and IoT on Fox Business show 'Worldwide Business'
- ISA Security Compliances announces ISASecure SLDA certification for Honeywell's Phoenix development site
- Hilscher announces IIoT Solutions Marketing Cooperation with Cirrus Link Solutions and Inductive Automation
- FieldComm Group announces Mohammed Loch as Regional Director for the Middle East
- Zigbee Alliance announces dotdot- universal IoT language
- Study: Connected Cars and Internet of Things drives automakers' investments
- Alicat adds EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet compatibility to instruments
- Hilscher announces Craig Lentzkow as IIoT Business Development Manager
PRODUCT NEWSin Industrial Networks
Softing adds MQTT connector to dataFEED OPC Suite
The MQTT Connector enables the integration of automation devices via MQTT Publisher functionality in IoT cloud applications, e.g. IBM Bluemix Cloud.
Antaira introduces the IMC-C1000-SFP series Ethernet-to-fiber media converter
The IMC-C1000-SFP series is designed to fulfill industrial applications that have small space requirements and need high bandwidth capabilities...
CEL introduces CG series of SPDT RF switches
Target markets include test and measurement systems as well as Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Bluetooth routers, sensors, appliances, and other radio equipped...
MEDIAin Industrial Networks
RESOURCESin Industrial Networks
This is an open field network using general-purpose 100Mbps Ethernet communication and is a new network mode in the CC-Link IE Ethernet-based...
There are suitable programs for different groups of users, from an entry-level course introducing in the work with basic functions of CODESYS V3...
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
WHITE PAPERSin Industrial Networks
By Ming Fong, Schneider-Electric Software
Even though MQTT was designed prior to this age of IoT, its characteristics meet the requirements of IoT...
By Opto 22
Systems at the network edge are increasingly able to leverage cloudbased resources to perform edge computing, but before the benefits...
In order to provide smooth production processes with critical machine vision applications, building a rugged Ethernet network is...
CASE STUDIESin Industrial Networks
HIROTEC selected Kepware’s KEPServerEX connectivity software and the ThingWorx IoT Platform to enable company-wide device-to-cloud connectivity...
The JMA Wireless’ Teko DAS (distributed antenna system) has been deployed to ensure wireless network coverage throughout the Vehicle Security...
The project involved implementing a SCADA remote control system to connect railway stations, sectioning facilities and substations on the...
EVENTSin Industrial Networks
Automate showcases the full spectrum of automation technologies and solutions. From traditional industrial applications to cutting edge new technologies, you'll find ways to automate every process in your company.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.