- Drives Integrate, Gain Intelligence
- Think Global I/O, Connect (Sometimes) Local
- They Can Talk to Anyone
- Industrial PCs ease integration
- Circumventing a Panel Redesign
- EtherCAT's Roots in Fiber
- Analog I/O Serves Real-World Control
- Industrial Ethernet Growing but Fieldbus Remains Dominant
- Has EtherCAT changed the world?
- Industrial Ethernet Architecture & Cyber Security Risks
- Questions About Replacing Fieldbus with Ethernet
- Combining Ethernet with inexpensive, distributed devices
- More industrial Ethernet spending, more productivity
- EtherCAT Test Centers expanded
- EtherCAT celebrates 10th anniversary
- EtherCAT Test Center in China issues first certificate
- EtherCAT Roadshow tours North America
- EtherCat protocol IP needs no upfront licence fees
- Altera offers license-free EtherCAT Protocol software for FPGAs
- EtherCAT Releases Device Standard for Semiconductor Industry
- Happy Birthday Ethernet!
- Preparing for the 40 Gb/s migration
- National Instruments to resell Kollmorgen Servos
- Ethernet in Process Automation to Double by 2016
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
The document introduces EtherCAT and explains what makes EtherCAT the fastest industrial Ethernet standard. EtherCAT is a high-performance, low-cost,easy to use Industrial Ethernet technology with a flexible topology. It was introduced in 2003 and has been an international standard since 2007.
The 16-page document covers 1200+ data acquisition and control, signal conditioning, and data communication products.
The EtherCAT Product Guide lists EtherCAT products and services as submitted by ETG member companies. Even though the guide already contains over 300 entries there are many more which have not been entered yet.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Karl A. Meier, Advanced Motion Controls
White paper describes the evolution of motion and control system architectures and what new benefits are realized today when using EtherCAT, whether for a large number of axes or simple systems using just a few.
Automation.com, June 2012
By Chris Jones, Micro-Epsilon UK
EtherCAT has established itself within the market as a communications standard that can offer true real time capabilities in automation technology. Micro-Epsilon has developed sensors and controllers with EtherCAT capability, enabling them to be smoothly integrated into existing control and automation networks.
CASE STUDIESview all
By David Greenfield
Kinetic Rain sculpture at Singapore’s Changi Airport uses PC-based control and EtherCAT to synchronize movement of 1,216 servo axes. The control system was built using Beckhoff Automation’s products.
At Hannover Fair 2013, Beckhoff paired a delta-style pick-and-place robot system with EtherCAT, TwinCAT software, and the mechatronic XTS solution, running the automation software on one industrial PC.
Beckhoff’s embedded PC with EtherCAT is used to control IntraOp Medical’s new generation of IntraOperative Electron Radiation Therapy machines.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
From robotics and automation services, to micro sensors and nanotechnology, Industrial Automation North America showcases the most important products in the industry and is the North American hub for innovation and networking in industrial automation.