Founded in 1995, ODVA is a global association whose members are comprised of the world’s leading automation companies. ODVA’s mission is to advance open, interoperable information and communication technologies in industrial automation. ODVA has partnered with Automation.com to provide education on ODVA technologies and to promote the benefits of ODVA membership.
ODVA recognizes its media independent network protocol, the Common Industrial Protocol or “CIP” – and the network adaptations of CIP – EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, CompoNet and ControlNet – as its core technology and the primary common interest of its membership. ODVA’s membership is solely comprised of companies that manufacture hardware or software products that either integrate these ODVA technologies or are designed to enhance the implementation, operation or support of products that integrate ODVA technologies. ODVA memberships are global, meaning that an entity needs to obtain only one membership to take advantage of every program around the world that ODVA offers its membership.
Only members can:
- Collaborate with leaders and experts in information and communication technology for industrial networks – and CIP Networks in particular – through active engagement with the ODVA community.
- Get a first-to-market advantage on the latest developments in ODVA technologies during ODVA’s pre-specification release review cycle.
- Receive preferred pricing on classes, seminars, and workshops, as well as on ODVA products and services, such as specifications, software, and conformance testing.
- Help shape the future of industrial automation by joining an ODVA Special Interest Group (SIG) to develop ODVA technologies. Members may choose from among ODVA's currently active SIGs including physical media, system architecture, infrastructure, and vertical markets (e.g., automotive, rail transport and semiconductor).
- Promote adoption of ODVA technologies, along with your company and ODVA-compliant products, in key markets through ODVA’s regional event programs and its Territory Alliance Groups (TAGs).
- Promote your ODVA-compliant products by advertising in ODVA’s CIP Supplier Directory. The CIP Supplier Directory includes DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, and ControlNet product listings, and is published both on CD and on the ODVA website, allowing you to promote your CIP Networks products to a worldwide audience. To view the online directory, click here.
- Showcase your company’s thought leadership and innovation by presenting technical papers at ODVA’s Industry Conference & Annual Meeting of Members. ODVA members can participate in the conference events, supporting the latest CIP Networks strategic initiatives and applications. This event receives global media coverage and results in presenters and their companies receiving global coverage.