- PROFI Network Updates from the General Assembly Meeting
- Industrial Ethernet Growing but Fieldbus Remains Dominant
- Industrial Ethernet Architecture & Cyber Security Risks
- Belden Certified Industrial Network Program
- PROFINET IRT using Intel's I210 Ethernet controller
- Combining Ethernet with inexpensive, distributed devices
- Application-neutral or profile-specific wiring?
- Industrial networking: One network for full enterprise connectivity
- Industrial Ethernet Improves Through Combined Effort
- From Fieldbus to Industrial Ethernet
- Industrial Ethernet Cruises Powerfully Along
- The Ethernet vs. Fieldbus Cage Match
- HMS introduces IXXAT Safe IEC 61508-based communications solutions
- PI displays certified PROFINET devices
- Hollysys to provide Profibus DCS to power plant in China
- Happy Birthday Ethernet!
- Preparing for the 40 Gb/s migration
- Ethernet in Process Automation to Double by 2016
- 50th PI Competence Center Established
- Ethernet in Motion Control to More than Triple by 2016
- PROFINET/PROFIBUS Training Center upgrades equipment
- Kollmorgen adds PROFINET interface to motion control platform
- Hilscher signs two U.S. distributors
- HMS Industrial Networks acquires IXXAT
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
The fourth installment on Industrial Ethernet performance explains a feature in PROFINET known as Scheduling and how it enhances Industrial Automation speeds.
Part 3 of 4 addresses the topic of Bandwidth Reservation in PROFINET, and how the practice not only increases, but guarantees high performance.
Three techniques are employed to give PROFINET its speed boost to a 31.25 microsecond cycle time: fast forwarding, Dynamic Frame Packing, and fragmentation. This Video shows an animated presentation of Fast Forwarding, Dynamic Frame Packing, and Fragmentation.
WHITE PAPERSview all
This white paper analyzes three diverse protocols—EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and PROFINET—to assist users in selecting the ideal communication solution for their application requirements.
White paper describes the combining of PROFINET (PI) with PI PROFIdrive, PROFIsafe and PROFIenergy profiles to form a high-performance, flexible, and scalable drive technology.
By B&B Electronics
Advice on ten Ethernet topics, including dealing with hackers, maintaining documentation, resolving IP addresses, working with $20 routers bought at a Big Box store, separating office and factory networks, empowering legacy equipment, working with wireless and multiple Ethernet protocols, and more.
CASE STUDIESview all
Spuntech Industries’ North Carolina plant has a Profibus network that runs seven PLCs with approximately 350 nodes. To help diagnose problems, Spuntech installed Trebing + Himstedt’s TH LINK hardware and TH SCOPE diagnostic software.
The Littleton/Englewood Wastewater Treatment in Colorado had 35 gateway access points to monitor and troubleshoot all the instruments and processes within the Profibus network. They replaced the gateways with Trebing + Himstedt’s TH LINK devices.
SAB, a producer of high strength steel, standardized on Softing's PROFINET protocol software for use with its PC-based Proview control system in a new steel plant that was built in Mobile, Alabama.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.