FEATURED ARTICLESin Industries
- Valves & Actuators: The Path to Greater Efficiency & Performance
- Boiler Cleaning Methods & Techniques
- Wastewater Treatment Issues for Combined Cycle Plants
- What You Need to Know Before Replacing Your Control System
- Advanced Cooling and Water Treatment Technology Concepts for Power Plants
- Drones Promise Faster, Easier Inspection of Boilers, Stacks, Towers, and More
- Gas Technology: Digital age management
- Keep Big Picture In Mind To Ease Challenges Of BAS Upgrades
- Making BAS Readily Accessible but Protected from Cyber Attack
- The Energy Bubble & Automation
- Investigate Before You Integrate
- Understanding The Facets of “OPEN”
- EPRI and Luminant Collaborate to Create Common Understanding of Cybersecurity Requirements
- Gas-fired – the five biggest natural gas power plants in the world
- Industry Leaders, Experts Testify on How to Keep the Lights On
- AVEVA to supply Engineering & Design software to TOTAL Nigeria
- Emerson to replace aging turbine controls at Arkansas power plant
- MAC Solutions signs Intelligent Plant as integrator for oil & gas
- America Semiconductor Moves to Larger Facility
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Down in February
- U.S. Cutting Tool Consumption down 1.2% in February
- Supporting infrastructures to Enhance Building Automation Systems
- Industrial Machinery Market to Double Growth in 2014
- Emerson to modernize controls at Colorado power plant
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Industries
The HIO Project was created to unlock the traditional restraints seen in the embedded hardware industry, and enable developers to participate in hardware development much like we have seen in the open source software realm.
Brochure includes 28 application examples of how Micro-Epsilon sensors and measurement systems are providing benefits for customers in development, testing, production and quality assurance.
MotionCompass web-based application helps provide mini motor solutions based on unique motion requirements for various applications.
WHITE PAPERSin Industries
By Bill Sholette and Ricardo Chavez, Endress+Hauser
Leaking or overfilled tanks can cause environmental problems, contaminate drinking water and cost a company millions of dollars. Proper instrumentation, monitoring and control can prevent these problems. This white paper explains how.
White paper describes Okuma's Super-NURBS programming functionality that meets high-accuracy finish requirements while speeding up cycle times.
By Marchesini Group
Counterfeit drugs are a problem worldwide. Pharmaceutical companies now have to conform to new regulations involving packaging. This white paper describes the regulations and codes needed to track drugs through the distribution chain from manufacturing to retail.
CASE STUDIESin Industries
Nuclear Engineering International
By Alf Ove Braseth
A new approach to human-machine interfaces has produced a radically different design of control room displays. The first of these has now been installed at the Halden research reactor in Norway.
The safety PLC provided the platform for Sandvik Materials Technology to add zoned safety guarding to a large cold rolling mill at its Sandviken plant in Sweden.
Maintenance On Line
The Open Loop Mitsubishi based Heat Pump system is the first installation of its kind anywhere in the UK that harvests naturally stored energy from the River Thames to provide thermal energy for an entire development of homes, apartments and a 145-bedroom hotel.
This course is intended to provide an understanding of the types of computer-based devices, systems and networks used in modern industrial plants as well as the ways in which these elements can be compromised via cyber attacks. Attendees will also learn to build risk management techniques to improve their plant’s cybersecurity.
The online certificate program in Process Instrumentation and Control (I&C) consists of three modules covering the different phases of I&C from a nonmathematical and practical point of view. It includes basic concepts, engineering, and installation of control equipment.
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
This 2-day course is designed to deliver expert instruction on how to successfully plan and execute Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Determination studies efficiently, effectively and in accordance with the IEC 61511 standard. This includes understanding the principles behind three of the most commonly used SIL Determination methods (Layer of Protection Analysis, Calibrated Risk Graph and Safety...
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to instrumentation will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of wiring, signals, instrumentation technologies, applications and installations.
This 2-day course is designed to provide students with the tools necessary to perform SIL Validation studies compliant with the IEC 61511 standard. The practical course uses real life examples to demonstrate to students how to conceptually design multiple Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) to meet the specified safety integrity levels. Price: $1,850 CDN