- Impellers Influence Clogging & Efficiency
- 4 Tips for Electrical Heat Tracing
- Concerning Fluid Handling Safety
- Flowmeter Accuracy Matters
- Mechatronic design tools and scalable control solutions help manufacturers optimize energy efficiency and lower total cost of ownership.
- Track and trace to avoid quality control disasters
- ARMing OEMs with a solution for changing automation needs
- Problems Found In The Field: How Retrocommissioning Can Solve Them
- Creating High-Performance Small to Mid-Size Buildings
- Anticipating the Smart Grid
- Integrated Automation Systems Improve Building Automation
- The Truth Behind Building Automation
- AIS HMI Meets IEC 61850 For Substation Automation Applications
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Up and Down in January
- ACM Facility Safety Announces Spring Process Safety Courses
- Water and Wastewater Industry needs smart pumps
- Emerson forms LifeCycle Engineering Services unit
- Thiele Technologies acquires Symach Palletizers
- Evaporation Project to Recycle 99 Percent of Its Produced Water
- German cow flatulence causes cowshed explosion
- One missing, one injured in Chevron frack pad blast in southwestern Pennsylvania
- OSHA cites contractors after methane explosion at upstate New York water plant
- ETAP to supply Power Management System to Asahi Kasei
- ABB opens fifth factory in Brazil
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
The Design Guide was updated to reflect the new signals adopted with the PICMG COM.0 R2.1 specification, and includes design rules and guidance for the latest high-speed interfaces, including PCI Express Gen3, SuperSpeed USB and SATA 6Gb/s.
3D graphics can be used to develop system graphics that more accurately represent the mechanical equipment in place at a facility.
E215 Workholding Catalog features 232 pages of information on their full range of high pressure hydraulic workholding devices, accessories, and power units.
WHITE PAPERSview all
White paper describes Okuma's Super-NURBS programming functionality that meets high-accuracy finish requirements while speeding up cycle times.
By Marchesini Group
Counterfeit drugs are a problem worldwide. Pharmaceutical companies now have to conform to new regulations involving packaging. This white paper describes the regulations and codes needed to track drugs through the distribution chain from manufacturing to retail.
By Jeff Wuendry, SICK
This white paper explains the available types of backup sensing solutions on manned forklifts, their respective advantages and disadvantages, the most common applications, and key considerations when selecting a system.
CASE STUDIESview all
Since adopting KEPServerEX communications platform, the food production system integrator has been able to improve interoperability and reduce production facility downtime for its customers.
Energy Metrics uses EXELE TopView alarm management and notification software to monitor measurements from HVAC, temperature control, chilled water systems and electrical distribution systems.
Safely drilling a well far below the ocean surface in extreme pressures demands strict safety procedures and rigorous design, construction and maintenance standards. Shell’s technical approach to the safety of wells is combined with extensive safety training of its well engineers.
This course is intended to provide an understanding of the types of computer-based devices, systems and networks used in modern industrial plants as well as the ways in which these elements can be compromised via cyber attacks. Attendees will also learn to build risk management techniques to improve their plant’s cybersecurity.
The online certificate program in Process Instrumentation and Control (I&C) consists of three modules covering the different phases of I&C from a nonmathematical and practical point of view. It includes basic concepts, engineering, and installation of control equipment.
Municipal water systems across the country are enjoying the benefits of secure systems integration with Unidirectional Security gateways. Waterfall Security Solutions provides a spectrum of solutions centered on Unidirectional Security Gateways, all of which are stronger than firewalls. Join us to explore how Waterfall can provide essential tools to secure water/waste-water treatment systems.
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to flow will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of numerous flow technologies, plus in-depth training on magnetic and Coriolis flow meters.
The Endress+Hauser advanced course is designed for those students having successfully completed the basic Flow School Course. It provides in-depth training on vortex, magnetic, ultrasonic, and Coriolis flow meters.
This 1-day course is designed to deliver expert instruction on the technical content of a control systems hazards and operability study (CHAZOP) session and why they are performed. This includes understanding the principles behind each of the major methods (CHAZOP, What-if? and FMEA) and the fundamentals on CHAZOP methodology, noding, team composition and preparation for a CHAZOP session. The...