FEATURED ARTICLESin Embedded Automation
- Relative Humidity Sensing Adds Value to Outdoor Electronics, Remote Installations, and In-Home Monitoring Products
- FPGAs – Taking Vision to the Next Level
- Beyond Drivers: The Critical Role of System Software Stack Architecture in SoC Hardware Development
- Integration Blurs the Line between MCUs and SoCs
- Speeding Time to Market for GUI Designs
- Using static analysis to detect coding errors in open source security-critical server applications
- Using model-driven development to reduce system software security vulnerabilities
- Alternatives to C/C++ for system programming in a distributed multicore world
- ARM vs x86: Is x86 dead?
- Internet of Things device battery life optimization: Engineering design considerations
- Security Requirements for Embedded Devices – What is Really Needed?
- How Embedded Vision Can Improve Inspection and Inventory Tracking
NEWSin Embedded Automation
- Renesas Electronics opens office in India
- America Semiconductor Moves to Larger Facility
- NVIDIA to supply Tegra K1 embedded computers to GE
- America Semiconductor signs Quest Components as distributor
- ADLINK acquires PENTA
- Circuit protection market down in 2013
- Semiconductor manufacturing R&D hub has promise
- Express Logic hires Ken Maxwell to direct GUI
- ADLINK Signs Elma Electronic as VAR
- Photonics Breakthrough Could Allow for Faster Electronics
- EtherCat protocol IP needs no upfront licence fees
- Mobile Companies vie for £1 Million Business Support Package in UK
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Embedded Automation
MEDIAin Embedded Automation
RESOURCESin Embedded Automation
The iDesign on-line tool offers a fast way to identify the best component for an application, find appropriate parts documentation, and order sample parts for prototyping.
CellPac BLOX is a design program that helps OEMs obtain a semi-custom power solution when off-the-shelf lithium ion (li-ion) or lithium polymer (LiPO) soft pack battery assemblies do not meet design criteria.
The HIO Project was created to unlock the traditional restraints seen in the embedded hardware industry, and enable developers to participate in hardware development much like we have seen in the open source software realm.
WHITE PAPERSin Embedded Automation
By Carlos Pazos, National Instruments
System designers are migrating to computing architectures featuring multiple distinct processing elements to provide a more optimal balance between throughput, latency, flexibility, cost, and other factors.
McObject's white paper, "Seeking Fast, Durable Data Management: A Database System and Persistent Storage Benchmark", explores solutions for database durability and recoverability, using McObject's original test results to shine light on the best approach when performance is critical and data loss is not an option.
By National Instruments
This paper identifies three important design decisions you should make when programming an embedded system, and provides guidance given your application requirements. Taking time to consider each of these three items will put you on the right track to designing a reliable, scalable, and maintainable embedded application.
CASE STUDIESin Embedded Automation
DB SQL was embedded in Cow Master, a robotics system that feeds cows and manages animal healthcare, including automatic matching of cow feeding patterns and continuous management of feed concentration to stimulate the appetite of cows.
McObject’s database resides in Smarter Grid Solutions’ platform software that monitors and controls devices across the network and facilitates communication between them.
The ARC-11RB robotic welding system is equipped with a Beckhoff CX1010 Embedded PC. TwinCAT NC PTP software runs on the CX1010 and controls the entire machine and robot, positioning the six EtherCAT-networked servo axes.
EVENTSin Embedded Automation
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
The Summit will provide engineering and operational professionals, automation and operations management and senior-level executives with end user learning opportunities covering the complete spectrum of automation--from process and discrete to motion control and drives.
From robotics and automation services, to micro sensors and nanotechnology, Industrial Automation North America showcases the most important products in the industry and is the North American hub for innovation and networking in industrial automation.