- Security Requirements for Embedded Devices – What is Really Needed?
- How Embedded Vision Can Improve Inspection and Inventory Tracking
- ARMing OEMs with a solution for changing automation needs
- Energy Harvesting Wireless Solutions –Automation Freed from Batteries
- Migrating your embedded PCB design from DDR2/3 to DDR4 SDRAMs
- Building an IoT framework for industrial control: Part 2 – The IzoT framework
- Managing device power with an operating system
- Windows XP Cyber Time Bomb set for April 8, 2014
- Open Hardware Platforms Promise Faster, Lower-Cost and Successful Designs
- Comparing microcontroller real-time operating systems
- Building eye-catching GUIs for your embedded MCU designs
- Isolating high-speed data interfaces
- Circuit protection market down in 2013
- Semiconductor manufacturing R&D hub has promise
- Express Logic hires Ken Maxwell to direct GUI
- ADLINK Signs Elma Electronic as VAR
- Photonics Breakthrough Could Allow for Faster Electronics
- EtherCat protocol IP needs no upfront licence fees
- Mobile Companies vie for £1 Million Business Support Package in UK
- Trend watch: MCU-based user interfaces take shape as key differentiator in cloud connected devices
- Microchip Delivers 12 Billionth PICR Microcontroller
- Express Logic ThreadX RTOS safety Certified
- EEMBC to use CodeSonar for processor benchmarks
- PC/104 Consortium technical update: Stackable PCs from ISA to PCI to PCI Express
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
The Design Guide was updated to reflect the new signals adopted with the PICMG COM.0 R2.1 specification, and includes design rules and guidance for the latest high-speed interfaces, including PCI Express Gen3, SuperSpeed USB and SATA 6Gb/s.
Spectre cellular router starter kit includes free, prepaid, 60-day 100MB RacoWireless 3G data plan as a way to jump-start industrial M2M network designs.
MPLAB integrates the licensing, resale and support of both Microchip and third-party middleware, drivers, libraries and real-time operating systems.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Carlos Pazos, National Instruments
System designers are migrating to computing architectures featuring multiple distinct processing elements to provide a more optimal balance between throughput, latency, flexibility, cost, and other factors.
McObject's white paper, "Seeking Fast, Durable Data Management: A Database System and Persistent Storage Benchmark", explores solutions for database durability and recoverability, using McObject's original test results to shine light on the best approach when performance is critical and data loss is not an option.
By National Instruments
This paper identifies three important design decisions you should make when programming an embedded system, and provides guidance given your application requirements. Taking time to consider each of these three items will put you on the right track to designing a reliable, scalable, and maintainable embedded application.
CASE STUDIESview all
DB SQL was embedded in Cow Master, a robotics system that feeds cows and manages animal healthcare, including automatic matching of cow feeding patterns and continuous management of feed concentration to stimulate the appetite of cows.
McObject’s database resides in Smarter Grid Solutions’ platform software that monitors and controls devices across the network and facilitates communication between them.
The ARC-11RB robotic welding system is equipped with a Beckhoff CX1010 Embedded PC. TwinCAT NC PTP software runs on the CX1010 and controls the entire machine and robot, positioning the six EtherCAT-networked servo axes.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
[MC]2 Conference is an exciting and dynamic conference that brings together thought leaders and practitioners in the manufacturing industry. Whether you’re a manufacturer, developer, technology builder, or technology distributers, the conference will be packed with timely insights, strategic views, and actionable items.
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.