- Leveraging Mainstream PCI Express Advances in Embedded Systems
- Drive up to Four Independent Full HD Displays from a Single CPU Module
- Smart Panel Technology: Intelligent Control Solutions Offer Both Flexibility and Reliability
- ADCs in SoCs – Just a placeholder or a vital subsection?
- Inline Code in C and C++
- Protecting your low voltage electronic devices from electrical overstress
- Unlock the processing power of wireless modules
- The business case for the Internet of Things
- Building trust in the Internet of Things
- Programming Software 2013
- Eliminate risk in real-time software tasks using system-level digital simulation
- Improving performance, accuracy, and reliability in touch-screen based applications
- Express Logic hires Ken Maxwell to direct GUI
- ADLINK Signs Elma Electronic as VAR
- Photonics Breakthrough Could Allow for Faster Electronics
- EtherCat protocol IP needs no upfront licence fees
- Mobile Companies vie for £1 Million Business Support Package in UK
- Trend watch: MCU-based user interfaces take shape as key differentiator in cloud connected devices
- Microchip Delivers 12 Billionth PICR Microcontroller
- Express Logic ThreadX RTOS safety Certified
- EEMBC to use CodeSonar for processor benchmarks
- PC/104 Consortium technical update: Stackable PCs from ISA to PCI to PCI Express
- SFF-SIG standards update: Rugged RAM and tinier CPU boards emerge in 2013
- Advantech Announces Support for Microsoft Windows 8
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
MPLAB integrates the licensing, resale and support of both Microchip and third-party middleware, drivers, libraries and real-time operating systems.
The PC-based software tool emulates complete Sercos networks and the connected Sercos slave devices.
Book shows how to eliminate complex amplification, filtering and analog-to-digital conversion in digital, smart, intelligent sensors, and sensor and DAQ systems.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Carlos Pazos, National Instruments
System designers are migrating to computing architectures featuring multiple distinct processing elements to provide a more optimal balance between throughput, latency, flexibility, cost, and other factors.
McObject's white paper, "Seeking Fast, Durable Data Management: A Database System and Persistent Storage Benchmark", explores solutions for database durability and recoverability, using McObject's original test results to shine light on the best approach when performance is critical and data loss is not an option.
By National Instruments
This paper identifies three important design decisions you should make when programming an embedded system, and provides guidance given your application requirements. Taking time to consider each of these three items will put you on the right track to designing a reliable, scalable, and maintainable embedded application.
CASE STUDIESview all
DB SQL was embedded in Cow Master, a robotics system that feeds cows and manages animal healthcare, including automatic matching of cow feeding patterns and continuous management of feed concentration to stimulate the appetite of cows.
McObject’s database resides in Smarter Grid Solutions’ platform software that monitors and controls devices across the network and facilitates communication between them.
The ARC-11RB robotic welding system is equipped with a Beckhoff CX1010 Embedded PC. TwinCAT NC PTP software runs on the CX1010 and controls the entire machine and robot, positioning the six EtherCAT-networked servo axes.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
Bakersfield, CA, USA
This course combines lecture and hands-on labs to provide an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers are provided with a foundation for communication with other control system professionals. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.