FEATURED ARTICLESin Oil & Gas
Are You Paying Too Much Tax for your Gas Flaring?
By Lana Ginns, Fluenta
With tighter emission regulations, and increased taxation soon to follow, enhanced density monitoring (EDM) can become a...
The Inside Story: Visualizing Column Hydraulic Behavior and the Product Ecosystem
By Jennifer Dyment, AspenTech
We all want the inside story. Greater visibility into asset performance can help chemical and energy companies gain...
Open Process Automation Movement Taking Form at ExxonMobil's 2nd Industry Day
By Bill Lydon, Automation.com
The event, a follow-on to the successful 1st End User Industry Day event in June, provided the opportunity for more...
Digital Technology for the Oil & Gas Industry
By Adam Chapman, Fluenta
A recent survey by management consultancy Accenture offers insight into how oil and gas companies are utilising digital...
NEWSin Oil & Gas
- ISA Director: Oil & Gas facilities must take action now to protect against cyberattack
- Flow-Cal expands footprint into Latin America
- Endress + Hauser installs $1M pressure test rig at Indiana facility
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
- AL WAHA chooses Honeywell's Connected Perfomance Services to enhance petrochemical plant
- Victrex announces acquisition of minority interest in Magma Global
- Savigent Software and Actemium announce strategic partnership
- Endress + Hauser earns IACET accreditation for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- ASTM appoints Arman Shakkaliyev to International Board of Directors
- Honeywell and Aereon to collaborate on IIoT solutions for oil and gas industry
- Schneider Electric recognizes customer innovation at Mobile Workforce in Process Industries event
- Emerson releases Roxar API for Roxar RMS software
PRODUCT NEWSin Oil & Gas
POSITAL adds PROFINET interface to IXARC rotary encoders
Areas of application for these encoders include oil and gas facilities, underground mines, chemical plants, milling operations and grain-handling...
United Electric announces Vanguard WirelessHART gas detector
Vanguard field-interchangeable gas sensor modules detect and record hydrogen sulfide (H2S) or methane (CH4) gas in parts per million (PPM) or...
Custom Automation & Machinery releases SEP-10T powder compacting press
The equipment is designed to benefit all industries which mold components with powder volumes of up to 5 cubic inches, including the automotive,...
MEDIAin Oil & Gas
RESOURCESin Oil & Gas
Automation.com partners with Integration Objects to present this free webinar to help you find out how you can use your data to gain a deep...
The standard covers gas oil, diesel fuel, fuel oils, residual fuel oils, lubricating oil, and bitumen, as well as crude oil that uses microfluidics...
Pass provides unlimited access to process safety training courses along with other benefits for one low fee, representing a 90% discount from list...
WHITE PAPERSin Oil & Gas
By Ming Fong, Schneider-Electric Software
Even though MQTT was designed prior to this age of IoT, its characteristics meet the requirements of IoT...
The white paper describes energy-efficient pumping solutions from Siemens designed to achieve a sustainable reduction of operating costs while...
By Adam Chapman, Fluenta
The Internet of Things (IoT) is poised to change the capability of businesses to monitor and measure an almost unlimited...
CASE STUDIESin Oil & Gas
Honeywell UOP will supply a range of technologies in the form of license, design, key equipment, and state-of-the-art catalysts and adsorbents,...
Pioneer Energy faced a significant engineering challenge: how do you reproduce—and exceed—the processing capabilities of an entire gas...
After considerable research and review, Enable made the decision to consolidate its assets (more than 14,000 gas meters) into a single measurement...
EVENTSin Oil & Gas
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.