- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- Adaptive Process Control delivers built-in, bottom line benefits
- Pervasive Sensing highlighted at Emerson Exchange 2013
- Automation Can Prevent the Next BP Spill
- Foxboro Evo System Features Multiprocessor Controller
- Flameproof motors in the offshore environment
- 5 things to consider when selecting a safety system
- Next-Generation Leak Detection For Safe, Reliable Delivery
- Five Key Challenges In The Oil And Gas Industrial Control System
- How do cyber threats affect petrochemical risk models?
- Drywell Electric Heating of Tanks and Vessels
- Medium Voltage Drive sales still up
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Oil & Gas Projects to grow Process Safety System Market
- ABB to provide maintenance for LNG plant in Australia
- Shale Gas in Europe Promises Growth for Pumps
- British Draft Report Dispels Shale Gas Myths
- Energy Energizes the Technology Marketplace
- Who says you can't go home again?
- Metso to manage valve spare parts stocking at Oil Refinery
- Honeywell to Modernize Refinery in Norway
- Rockwell Automation to Acquire vMonitor
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSview all
NGS Facts web site gives public access to information about the contents of the fracturing fluids being used for shale wells in Europe.
Brochure explains ABB’s chemical injection application for flowing wells, production lines, and pipelines.
Eight-page full-color leaflet describes CoriolisMaster FCB330/350 mass flowmeters for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By: Tony Paine, Kepware, and Russel Treat, EnerSys
A Distributed Communications Architecture removes the problems found in the Host-Centric Model. This architecture optimizes communications requests between client applications and field devices, minimizing bandwidth usage and cost.
By Anton Paar
The two polymer types most often used in an enhanced oil recovery process are a synthetic material polyacrylamide and the biopolymer, Xanthan. Here’s how to measure their viscosity.
By Steven Smith, Endress+Hauser
Produced water refers to any water brought up to the surface during oil and gas production, typically as the result of drilling, exploration and hydraulic fracturing. Fracking has emphasized the need to clean up water produced from oil and gas wells, and proper measurement is vital for this effort.
CASE STUDIESview all
American Midstream is using the software to handle both their regulated and non-regulated pipeline data in the same database by creating multiple secure environments with independent configuration.
By Jim Montague
RasGas in Doha, Qatar, began a demand on safety system (DOSS) project on its seven liquid natural gas (LNG) production trains by seeking and defining initiators that were or might get triggered, and by determining the criticality of the loops where they were located.
Oil and Gas Engineer
Bartec supplied heat tracing on the EPC-2 island of the Kashagan project in the North Caspian Sea. The target was to keep the temperature of the crude oils on a constant level as well as to avoid the pipes getting frozen.
Las Vegas, NV, United States
Remote Monitoring and Control 2013 is the leading event covering SCADA, remote networks, onsite power, and security for remote and distributed assets.
Houston, TX, United States
The 4th Process Safety Management for the Chem/Petrochem & Refining Industries Conference will promote awareness on the evolution of risk mitigation and safety processes by providing expert analysis of the latest safety and regulatory concerns and tools to improve PSM efforts.
Houston, TX, United States
The 4th Annual Chem/Petrochem & Refinery Asset Reliability Conference will focus on the reliability processes and programs that refineries and chem/petrochem plants have in place to ensure overall operational excellence of their assets including reliability centered maintenance (RCM), operator care, asset integrity management, mechanical integrity, root cause analysis, and the utilization of...
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
This popular course offers a combination of practical information and hands-on experience, covering proper installation, calibration, and maintenance of electronic instruments. You will examine characteristics of electronic control systems; techniques for installing electronic instruments; and procedures for configuring and calibrating transmitters, transducers, and controllers.
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to instrumentation will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of wiring, signals, instrumentation technologies, applications and installations.
Bakersfield, CA, USA
This lab-intensive course focuses on the configuration fundamentals, the calibration process, the measurements of multiple variables, and the utilization of computer-based configuration tools for both digital transmitters and digital valve controllers.