- 4 Tips for Electrical Heat Tracing
- Concerning Fluid Handling Safety
- Track and trace to avoid quality control disasters
- Schneider Electric's Integration of Invensys
- Windows XP Cyber Time Bomb set for April 8, 2014
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- Adaptive Process Control delivers built-in, bottom line benefits
- Foxboro Evo System Features Multiprocessor Controller
- Drywell Electric Heating of Tanks and Vessels
- New Approach for Shortening Schedules and Minimizing Risk on Automation Projects
- Specifying sensors with hygiene in mind
- Biopharmaceutical single-to-multiproduct conversion
- ACM Facility Safety Announces Spring Process Safety Courses
- ACM Facility Safety Offers Free Process Safety Workshop
- Körber to acquire Werum IT Solutions
- ISA Food and Pharmaceuticals Symposium March 5-6
- Endress+Hauser sales reach $2.43 billion
- Endress+Hauser donates instrumentation to Polk State College
- Hired ... For Now
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Endress+Hauser expands US production
- ATS to acquire IWK
- ISA Food and Pharmaceutical Symposium issues Call for Papers
- Werum supplies MES to Pharmaceutical Company in Southeast Asia
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
Catalog covers weighing solutions for the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries with hazardous environments.
The free app provides mobile access to information about Endress+Hauser instruments, such as operating instructions and technical details, from a smart phone and other mobile devices.
Webinar from Malvern Instruments highlights the benefits of real-time particle sizing for the effective monitoring and control of granulation processes.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Packaging Coordinators
It is important that the supply chain remains safe and free of counterfeits. One major obstacle is that there is no unified global database where scanned bar codes on drug packaging can be checked. Regulatory bodies, pharmaceutical sector, retailers and clinicians will need to work together to overcome this counterfeiting pandemic.
By Tyler Glieden, SICK
By reducing the need for physical guards and barriers, light curtains can increase the maintainability of the equipment they are protecting. Light curtains using pattern and object recognition require fewer sensors and less wiring while providing a safety solution that’s secure.
By Mike Mendicino, Pepperl+Fuchs
Explosion prevention techniques are readily available for use in industrial and agricultural areas. This paper highlights some of these techniques and provide some practical application knowledge to consider.
CASE STUDIESview all
Pharmalab, a manufacturer of natural health, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products, and food supplements switched from manual cartoning to automated robotic cartoning with the addition of five new MK-DLT integrated Delta 3 robotic cartoners provided by AFA Systems.
By Jim Butschli
Dako relied on a combination of semi-automatic and manual filling, capping, and labeling processes for liquid reagents. It changed to a Flexible Automated Bottling System from Inventek Engineering that provides automated filling, bottle tipping, capping/torquing, label application, and inspection.
What’s New in Process Technology
Ekato is a manufacturer of industrial agitators, and scaled up the largest model to more than double the size, thereby implementing the largest discontinuous toothpaste production system in the world. NORD Drivesystems supplied two 250 kW motors with industrial gear units.
Attend ODVA’s 2014 Industry Conference. Choose from over 25 sessions on technical innovations and strategic market initiatives. Learn from developers, end users, and OEMs. Collaborate in developer workshops. Network with over 100 of your peers.
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
The show consists of a three-day conference and exhibition and gives visitors the chance to meet industry leaders in automation, instrumentation, tank design, construction and maintenance, as well as innovations in metering & measuring, pumps & valves, loading equipment and inspection & certification services.
This 1-day course is designed to deliver expert instruction on the technical content of a control systems hazards and operability study (CHAZOP) session and why they are performed. This includes understanding the principles behind each of the major methods (CHAZOP, What-if? and FMEA) and the fundamentals on CHAZOP methodology, noding, team composition and preparation for a CHAZOP session. The...
Over this 2-day workshop, participants will experience the safety lifecycle starting from the conceptual phase of a project right through to when it is operating. Beginning with a solid understanding of what risk looks like in a facility, students will experience a mock HAZOP exercise, SIL Determination (LOPA) workshop, a SIL Validation workshop and then look at ways of managing risk in real...
This FREE one-day training class prepares the student to apply PROFINET in his own project. Lunch is included. Technical details of the technology are provided along with practical demonstrations. The class is designed for End Users, OEMs, System Integrators and Manufacturers of automation devices. Each student will receive a certificate for 5.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH).