FEATURED ARTICLESin Pharmaceutical
Strict But Supple: Automation in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
By Robert Harrison, COPA-DATA
Biopharmaceuticals represent the fastest growing sector of the pharmaceutical industry, making up about 20 per cent...
Off the Record: The Truth About Data Integrity in Pharma
By Lee Sullivan, COPA-DATA UK
This article explores three data integrity pitfalls to which pharmaceutical manufacturers are most vulnerable, and...
2015 PAR Insights: Leveraging Supply Chain Solutions with Stage-By-Component
By Bill Lydon, Editor
Automated Guided Vehicles (AVG) served as an enabling technology for a pharmaceutical manufacturer to achieve Stage By...
Bridging the Islands of Automation: Continuous Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical Industry
By Robert Holloway, EU Automation
This article discusses the potential of continuous manufacturing compared to its isolated, batch manufacturing...
- Teledyne DALSA to showcase Xineos family of CMOS X-Ray detectors at RSNA 2016
- Polipharma chooses Werum's PAS-X MES to support pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Molex announces acquisition of Phillips-Medisize corporation
- Huffman Engineering joins Kepware's System Integrator program
- HIMA launches HIMA Industrial Automation in China
- ZENITH announces opening of two California offices
- West-Tech Materials announces merger with Stratesys Group
- Werum partners with EXTEDO to develop RImanager for pharma industry
- Recipharm appoints Ann Flodin as General Manager
- LZ Lifescience partnering with NC State University to implement MES in biotech lab
- Knick and M4 Instuments announce strategic partnership
- Zenith partners with Werum to provide MES technology to pharmaceuticals
PRODUCT NEWSin Pharmaceutical
Exair introduces 316 SS threaded line vac with NPT threads
Applications for the 316SS include gas, grain or ingredient sampling, part transfer, hopper loading, scrap trim removal, tablet transfer and...
Siemens releases RF1000 RFID system
The system is suitable for industry-wide application, and is particularly ideal for use by automotive manufacturers and suppliers, as well as the...
Schneider Electric launches Serialization Suite for pharmaceutical industry
This serialization suite is designed to provide consistent data, unified reporting and analysis and standardized best practices to enforce...
Pass provides unlimited access to process safety training courses along with other benefits for one low fee, representing a 90% discount from list...
Training courses and workshops teach control systems designers, engineers and operators various aspects of process safety and how to meet worldwide...
On May 29, 2014, experts will discuss the challenges, problems and common mistakes involved in a process control system migration, and show how...
WHITE PAPERSin Pharmaceutical
By Chad Harper, Maverick Technologies
Process manufacturing plants are famous for their tendency to keep automation systems and associated...
By Guillermo Pacanins, ACM Facility Safety
Safety monitoring software and smart field devices can improve safety system performance and operation....
By Opto 22
Can off-the-shelf mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets be safely used in industrial automation applications? This timely...
CASE STUDIESin Pharmaceutical
Mustafa Nevzat Pharmaceuticals has successfully taken Werum’s PAS-X Weighing & Dispensing into operation at their main manufacturing site in...
The challenge for the integrator that designed and installed the automation system was to find an ID reader that could deliver near 100% read...
The FDA has approved the Auris Robotic Endoscopy System as an advanced bronchoscope that aids in both visualizing and treating several lung...