- Pervasive Sensing highlighted at Emerson Exchange 2013
- Foxboro Evo System Features Multiprocessor Controller
- Executing the Complete Power Generation Project
- Converting Once-Through Cooling to Closed-Loop
- Why Your Power Plant Needs a Water Management Plan
- Nuclear industry focuses on Generation III technology and small modular reactors
- Utilities, Commercial Building Owners Win With Distributed Energy Storage
- An Economical Addition to Grid-tied Wind Energy Systems
- Smart distribution: A self-healing and optimized grid
- The tale of cooling towers: regulations drive fossil plant design, water management system innovation
- Smart cities' infrastructure: analytics, interconnectivity and integration
- How Producers And Power Generators Are Fueling The Next Energy Evolution
- Flowserve to provide Actuators to solar power plant in South Africa
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Long-term investors move into wind power
- Attracting and retaining leaders to overcome industry challenges
- South Korea Walks an Energy Tightrope
- Leveling the power sector playing field: when new entrants can compete
- Emerson to automate two coal-fired power plants in South Korea
- Metso to supply control systems to Turbine Services
- Emerson and Mitsubishi renew alliance for turbine retrofits
- Emerson to modernize thermal power plant in Poland
- UK Reviving European Nuclear Energy at High Costs
- Yokogawa to control Supercritical Thermal Power Plant in India
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
Nonprofit trade association WIRES has released a new report that its says highlights the benefits of investments in new high-voltage transmission. The report, by economists at The Brattle Group, also urges planners and policymakers to employ more systematic procedures and analysis to arrive at better transmission and non-transmission solutions.
Available for all Apple iPhones and iPads, and Android mobile devices, the FC2 mobile app quickly and easily determines available fault current levels anywhere in an electrical distribution system.
Catalog covers transformers, autotransformers, inductors and power supplies for applications including power conversion, filtering, isolation and more.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Fabio Terezinho, InduSoft
Automating electrical distribution systems by implementing a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system is the one of the most cost-effective solutions for improving reliability, increasing utilization and cutting costs.
By National Instruments
This tutorial provides an overview of three phase electricity basics and then discusses three of the most common power quality events: leading/lagging power, saq/swell/interruptions, and harmonics.
Automation.com, August 2012
Siemens’ complete controls upgrade of the gas-fired McIntosh Power Plant prepared the plant for its expanded role in producing electricity for this 108-year-old public power provider. Download the case study to learn how Siemens has what it takes to maximize your plant’s performance.
CASE STUDIESview all
In this video case study, Dynagen, a Canadian control panel manufacturer, explains how they use Netbiter to remotely monitor gensets, pumps, compressors etc. in the field.
The Ripon Cogeneration Plant in Ripon, California, upgraded its existing proprietary Westinghouse WDPF BOP control system to a PlantPAx system without any scheduled outage of the facility.
International Power Engineer
By Chad Dozier
The IO data centre in Phoenix, Arizona, is served by a dedicated, on-site substation expandable to 120MW. The generator sets feed into Cat paralleling switchgear. Upon completion, full build-out will consist of additional paralleled Cat generator sets, as well as additional Cat flywheel UPS systems.
Las Vegas, NV, United States
Remote Monitoring and Control 2013 is the leading event covering SCADA, remote networks, onsite power, and security for remote and distributed assets.
End-to-End Security for the Smart Grid: A case-study driven Conference, Networking Forum and Exhibition focused on practical implementations of end-to-end cyber-security architectures within the European utility environment.
Orlando, FL, USA
What strategies can industrial enterprises adopt to help position them to take advantage of the latest round of technology changes while prioritizing their investments wisely? Join us at the Eighteenth Annual ARC Industry Forum to learn from your peers how an information-driven strategy can better position you to succeed and determine how you can best approach critical technology decisions.
Columbia, IL, USA
This popular course offers a combination of practical information and hands-on experience, covering proper installation, calibration, and maintenance of electronic instruments. You will examine characteristics of electronic control systems; techniques for installing electronic instruments; and procedures for configuring and calibrating transmitters, transducers, and controllers.
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
This course combines lecture and hands-on labs to provide an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers are provided with a foundation for communication with other control system professionals. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.
TBD, NJ, USA
This is a fast paced review of the knowledge and practical skills necessary to install and maintain standard measurement and control instrumentation. It is intended for practicing technicians preparing for the CCST Level I exam. An explanation of the examination process and practice certification-type exams are provided.