FEATURED ARTICLESin Power & Energy
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
Honeywell acquisition of Elster & IIoT Strategy
By Bill Lydon, Editor
In January, Honeywell completed the acquisition of Elster for $5.1 billion. Elster is a leading provider of gas, water, and...
Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear Market - 3 Opportunities Driving Growth
This article explores the biggest opportunities that exist in the global LV and MV switchgears market, and the changes that have opened these...
NEWSin Power & Energy
- Hannover Fairs announces launch of inaugural Hydrogen + Fuel Cells North American trade show
- Elite Control Systems announces support contract with ScottishPower Renewables
- ISA's 2016 Process Control Symposium draws over 300 attendees
- Phoenix Contact announces investment in Windesco
- Weidmuller announces purchase of Bosch Rexroth Monitoring Systems
- Hannover Fairs releases Canadian Wind Energy show report
- Schneider Electric recognizes 6 customer innovations on Enterprise APM platform
- Schneider Electric announces acquisition of MaxEAM software company
- Canadian Wind Energy Conference announces keynote speakers
- Antaira partners with Simantec to expand to Brazil
- Schneider Electric announces acquisition of Applied Instrument Technologies
- ABB announces Dr. Jef Beerten as first winner of ABB Research Award
PRODUCT NEWSin Power & Energy
Engineering Consultants Group introduces latest version of Glance
Glance is a real-time graphical visualization client for OPC and OSIsoft. Glance runs on all modern devices and desktop browsers that support HTML5...
Delta Electronics adds DRC-12V100W1AZ model to Chrome series of power supplies
The Class II double isolation power supply is designed for use in small cabinets. It is a solution for home automation and the food and beverage...
PULS introduces PIRD20.241 diode redundancy module
The diode redundancy module (PIRD20.241) in the PIANO range from manufacturer PULS allows users to build reliable 1+1 or N+1 systems and ensure...
MEDIAin Power & Energy
RESOURCESin Power & Energy
MicroPower Direct's free power conversion glossary contains 19 pages and 800 definitions of terms associated with a range of power technologies and...
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
EU Automation's one page guide provides an insight into the smart technologies lighting the way to a more energy efficient future. The resource is...
WHITE PAPERSin Power & Energy
By Bernhard Erdl, PULS
This article should help users determine the accurate efficiency and thus the power losses of a power supply
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
By Al Braik, Emirates Nuclear Energy Cooperation
Cyber Security design process and its implementation in the Nuclear Power ICS Architecture are...
CASE STUDIESin Power & Energy
Unlike traditional SCADA system deployments, PPI's system will utilize PPI's secure, private network architecture to deliver a high-performance...
Looking to increase production of critical aviation industry products, Spirit AeroSystems will implement Efficiency Analyzer on Predix, GE’s...
Under the terms of the agreement, Schneider Electric will implement its Modicon M580 programmable automation controller (ePAC) platform to help the...