FEATURED ARTICLESin Power & Energy
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
Honeywell acquisition of Elster & IIoT Strategy
By Bill Lydon, Editor
In January, Honeywell completed the acquisition of Elster for $5.1 billion. Elster is a leading provider of gas, water, and...
Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear Market - 3 Opportunities Driving Growth
This article explores the biggest opportunities that exist in the global LV and MV switchgears market, and the changes that have opened these...
NEWSin Power & Energy
- AEM and Paradox Engineering announce partnership to develop IoT solutions
- Schneider Electric recognizes customer innovation at Mobile Workforce in Process Industries event
- NEMA finds 16 month high in latest electroindustry business condition report
- ABB's Dr. Roger Daugherty earns NEMA's Kite & Key Award
- Emerson's Ovation simulation platform finds home in power plants
- OSI helps Oklahoma electric cooperative automate distribution management
- Alaskan electric company chooses OSI to implement SCADA and energy management system
- ABB's John Malinowski recieves Motor Summit 16 award
- MENNEKES introduces online power distribution configuration tool
- Hannover Fairs announces launch of inaugural Hydrogen + Fuel Cells North American trade show
- Elite Control Systems announces support contract with ScottishPower Renewables
- ISA's 2016 Process Control Symposium draws over 300 attendees
PRODUCT NEWSin Power & Energy
Antaira releases LNX-C500 series of industrial Ethernet switches
Antaira Technologies’ LNX-C500 series is designed to fulfill industrial applications that have small space requirements such as factory...
Aegis releases 3U VPX Power Card
The latest VPX power supply is released from Aegis Power Systems, Inc. featuring 3U form factor, 650W output, and 270Vdc input.
Fujitsu announces FTR-K1-HC power relay
The FTR-K1-HC relay is suitable for appliance applications such as oven controls, electric heating and air conditioners; smart home automation...
MEDIAin Power & Energy
RESOURCESin Power & Energy
MicroPower Direct's free power conversion glossary contains 19 pages and 800 definitions of terms associated with a range of power technologies and...
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
EU Automation's one page guide provides an insight into the smart technologies lighting the way to a more energy efficient future. The resource is...
WHITE PAPERSin Power & Energy
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
By Bernhard Erdl, PULS
This article should help users determine the accurate efficiency and thus the power losses of a power supply
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
CASE STUDIESin Power & Energy
The investment includes 38,000 intelligent heat meters and a fully automatic remote reading system from Kamstrup. This large project begins in...
Unlike traditional SCADA system deployments, PPI's system will utilize PPI's secure, private network architecture to deliver a high-performance...
Looking to increase production of critical aviation industry products, Spirit AeroSystems will implement Efficiency Analyzer on Predix, GE’s...
EVENTSin Power & Energy
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.