FEATURED ARTICLESin Power & Energy
Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Program Aims to Boost Multi-Vendor System Interoperability
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
In today’s industrial world, one of the the most annoying hindrances to effective system integration is...
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
Honeywell acquisition of Elster & IIoT Strategy
By Bill Lydon, Editor
In January, Honeywell completed the acquisition of Elster for $5.1 billion. Elster is a leading provider of gas, water, and...
NEWSin Power & Energy
- Tacoma Public Utilities chooses OSI to supply Energy Management System
- OSI's Enhanced Situational Awareness system chosen by Canadian power company to improve efficiency
- Endress + Hauser installs $1M pressure test rig at Indiana facility
- Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence announces technology partnership with Wichita State University
- UC-Irvine launches Reducing Embodied-Energy & Decreasing Emissions (REMADE) Institute
- Schneider Electric announces acquisition of MWPowerlab
- Electrocomponents announces Steve Newland as President of Allied Electronics
- Sampol chooses Advanticsys to automate meter reading effort
- Endress + Hauser earns IACET accreditation for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Emerson to help EPH Lynemouth Power automate biomass-fueled power plant
- AEM and Paradox Engineering announce partnership to develop IoT solutions
- Schneider Electric recognizes customer innovation at Mobile Workforce in Process Industries event
PRODUCT NEWSin Power & Energy
Fluke announces Fluke 1732 and 1734 three-phase energy loggers
These loggers capture key measurements — voltage, current, power, power factor, and other variables like temperature — to enable managers to...
VPG introduces the Powertron PCS series of power current sensors
Typical applications for the Powertron PCS Series include medical instrumentation, high-end measuring equipment, high-precision power supplies,...
Microchip Technology announces zigbee alliance-certified zigbee development platform
This software stack, and corresponding BitCloud 4.0 software development kit, is ideal for the design of home automation, commercial lighting,...
MEDIAin Power & Energy
RESOURCESin Power & Energy
MicroPower Direct's free power conversion glossary contains 19 pages and 800 definitions of terms associated with a range of power technologies and...
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
EU Automation's one page guide provides an insight into the smart technologies lighting the way to a more energy efficient future. The resource is...
WHITE PAPERSin Power & Energy
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
By Bernhard Erdl, PULS
This article should help users determine the accurate efficiency and thus the power losses of a power supply
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
CASE STUDIESin Power & Energy
Pioneer Energy faced a significant engineering challenge: how do you reproduce—and exceed—the processing capabilities of an entire gas...
Stone Edge Farm’s microgrid project strives to not only reduce the property’s greenhouse gas emissions, but also achieve energy independence.
The investment includes 38,000 intelligent heat meters and a fully automatic remote reading system from Kamstrup. This large project begins in...
EVENTSin Power & Energy
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.