FEATURED ARTICLESin Power & Energy
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
Honeywell acquisition of Elster & IIoT Strategy
By Bill Lydon, Editor
In January, Honeywell completed the acquisition of Elster for $5.1 billion. Elster is a leading provider of gas, water, and...
Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear Market - 3 Opportunities Driving Growth
This article explores the biggest opportunities that exist in the global LV and MV switchgears market, and the changes that have opened these...
NEWSin Power & Energy
- Allied Electronics announces expansion into South America
- Energy efficiency is the focus of Fluid Power Track at IMTS 2016
- NEMA announces four new members to board of governors
- Superior Controls announces Kenneth Hackett as Business Development Manager
- ISA’s 59th Power Industry Division and EPRI Symposium draws more than 150 power generation professionals
- NexRev LLC announces expansion to Canada
- IET releases technical program for its 2016 EVI-GTI and PIWG conference
- Program announced for Wind Energy Conference in Alberta, Canada
- OG&E selects OSI technology for Advanced Distribution Management System
- Three ASHRAE professional building certifications earn ANSI accreditation
- ISA releases preliminary program for Power Industry Division (POWID) and EPRI Symposium
- ABB appoints Sami Atiya as Head of Discrete Automation and Motion
PRODUCT NEWSin Power & Energy
Fluke introduces 368 FC & 369 FC leakage current clamps
The Fluke 368 FC and 369 FC leakage current clamps are designed to help industrial electricians and maintenance technicians identify, document,...
SL Power introduces TE120 external power model
Designed for test and measurement and industrial devices that require low noise and rugged performance, the 120-watt TE desktop external power...
AutomationDirect adds PSB48-480S power supply to RHINO series
The 480W power supply features removable finger-safe terminal blocks, output voltage status LED indicator, conformal coated circuit boards, and...
MEDIAin Power & Energy
RESOURCESin Power & Energy
MicroPower Direct's free power conversion glossary contains 19 pages and 800 definitions of terms associated with a range of power technologies and...
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
EU Automation's one page guide provides an insight into the smart technologies lighting the way to a more energy efficient future. The resource is...
WHITE PAPERSin Power & Energy
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
By Al Braik, Emirates Nuclear Energy Cooperation
Cyber Security design process and its implementation in the Nuclear Power ICS Architecture are...
By Chad Harper, Maverick Technologies
Process manufacturing plants are famous for their tendency to keep automation systems and associated...
CASE STUDIESin Power & Energy
Through the use of automation that includes Rotork valve actuation, Aberthaw can efficiently generate around 1555 MW of electricity for the...
The entire Dalian metro system includes more than 50 redundant Allen-Bradley MicroLogix and CompactLogix controllers with about 100,000 I/O points...
Freudenberg needed to replace an AC drive within their nonwoven production facility in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The need for a small footprint...
EVENTSin Power & Energy
The Emerson Global Users Exchange is more than an industry-leading technical conference…it is a community of manufacturing leaders committed to extracting the most from their automation investment…and sharing their learning with each other.