FEATURED ARTICLESin Power & Energy
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
Honeywell acquisition of Elster & IIoT Strategy
By Bill Lydon, Editor
In January, Honeywell completed the acquisition of Elster for $5.1 billion. Elster is a leading provider of gas, water, and...
Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear Market - 3 Opportunities Driving Growth
This article explores the biggest opportunities that exist in the global LV and MV switchgears market, and the changes that have opened these...
NEWSin Power & Energy
- Allied Electronics announces expansion into South America
- Energy efficiency is the focus of Fluid Power Track at IMTS 2016
- NEMA announces four new members to board of governors
- Superior Controls announces Kenneth Hackett as Business Development Manager
- ISA’s 59th Power Industry Division and EPRI Symposium draws more than 150 power generation professionals
- NexRev LLC announces expansion to Canada
- IET releases technical program for its 2016 EVI-GTI and PIWG conference
- Program announced for Wind Energy Conference in Alberta, Canada
- OG&E selects OSI technology for Advanced Distribution Management System
- Three ASHRAE professional building certifications earn ANSI accreditation
- ISA releases preliminary program for Power Industry Division (POWID) and EPRI Symposium
- ABB appoints Sami Atiya as Head of Discrete Automation and Motion
PRODUCT NEWSin Power & Energy
AutomationDirect introduces Liquatite electrical conduit
The Liquatite conduit, by Electri-flex, is designed for a wide range of uses in the electrical industry, including motors, lighting, electric...
Intersil introduces ISL70617SEH analog-to-digital converter
The ISL70617SEH enables higher common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and power supply rejection ratio (PSRR), at all gain settings. Designers can...
ABB announces LGR-ICOST Model 950 process analyzer
Typical applications for the LGR-ICOST Model 950 include monitoring trace components in calibration and industrial blanket gases; hydrogen and...
MEDIAin Power & Energy
RESOURCESin Power & Energy
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
EU Automation's one page guide provides an insight into the smart technologies lighting the way to a more energy efficient future. The resource is...
The Substation Automation market analysis is provided for the international market including development history, competitive landscape analysis,...
WHITE PAPERSin Power & Energy
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
By Al Braik, Emirates Nuclear Energy Cooperation
Cyber Security design process and its implementation in the Nuclear Power ICS Architecture are...
By Chad Harper, Maverick Technologies
Process manufacturing plants are famous for their tendency to keep automation systems and associated...
CASE STUDIESin Power & Energy
Freudenberg needed to replace an AC drive within their nonwoven production facility in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The need for a small footprint...
Emerson automation experts provided control system design, engineering and commissioning services that were critical to the successful and...
HIMA is providing BMS design, engineering and integration from the office in Houston, Texas, while commissioning and additional services will be...
EVENTSin Power & Energy
The 22nd annual NIWeek conference brings together the brightest minds in engineering and science. More than 3,200 innovators representing a wide spectrum of industries, from automotive and telecommunications to robotics and energy, will discover the latest technology to accelerate productivity for software-defined systems in test, measurement, and control.