FEATURED ARTICLESin Manufacturing Operations
- Industrial Internet Consortium: Another Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) Organization
- Boiler Cleaning Methods & Techniques
- Drones Promise Faster, Easier Inspection of Boilers, Stacks, Towers, and More
- Project management is more than a disruption - it is real work
- The Future of Calibration is Integration
- Using workflow to achieve business integration
- Bolster security for your legacy OPC server
- Calibrating Wireless HART
- Internet of Things
- Are You Ready For Your Shutdown
- ATEX - How To Prevent Explosions & Control Their Effects
- A Powerful Impact - Managing Power Quality
NEWSin Manufacturing Operations
- Westfalia Technologies to Install AS/RS at Sazerac
- End of XP Support to Affect Thousands of Industrial Systems
- Automation Federation and SPSU to hold Cybersecurity seminar
- EPRI and Luminant Collaborate to Create Common Understanding of Cybersecurity Requirements
- Mitsubishi adds MDT Software to e-F@ctory Alliance Program
- Automation Federation and Chevron sponsor Cybersecurity seminar
- Automation Engineers—the next generation
- Cybersecurity: Time for Action
- Creating Twenty-First Century Learning Systems
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Down in February
- PLCopen and OPC Foundation define Function Blocks for IEC 61131-3
- Siemens and McAfee to provide industrial cyber security solutions
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Manufacturing Operations
MEDIAin Manufacturing Operations
RESOURCESin Manufacturing Operations
Transit Designer is a free, web-based tool that simplifies both product selection according to needs and requirements and the process of designing, purchasing and installing cable and pipe transits.
IoT Security Advisors will provide security services for organizations that must manage privacy and security challenges associated with the IoT.
The authentication technology cannot be detected by a general physical examination. Depending on customer preference, this covert capability offers four distinct layers of detection.
WHITE PAPERSin Manufacturing Operations
By Bill Sholette and Ricardo Chavez, Endress+Hauser
Leaking or overfilled tanks can cause environmental problems, contaminate drinking water and cost a company millions of dollars. Proper instrumentation, monitoring and control can prevent these problems. This white paper explains how.
By Bill Sholette and Craig McIntyre, Endress+Hauser
Many manufacturers provide SIL-rated level instruments, but end user testing procedures for maintaining SIL ratings over the life of the instruments vary significantly. The end user is ultimately responsible for ensuring that partial and full proof tests are conducted to maintain the SIL rating of level instruments, but selection of the right instrument can ease compliance. Here’s how to do it.
By Industrial Defender
E-book describes 20 critical controls for key considerations when being applied to industrial control systems, and explains how automated data collection helps measure effectiveness of the controls to ensure a sustainable security posture.
CASE STUDIESin Manufacturing Operations
Maintenance On Line
By Akilu Yunusa-Kaltungo and Jyoti K Sinha, University of Manchester
This case study at AshakaCem demonstrates the use of simple analysis of vibration spectra to detect an ID fan unbalance. Visual inspection and cleaning of the fan impeller was then conducted, which immediately enhanced fan operation, and cement production rate, by approximately 11%.
By Jim Petrusich
Technology today now allows companies to analyze the data in real time without copying the data into yet another database. A project at Dow Chemical set up and cultivated a powerful real-time analytics system that produced impressive results.
By installing condition monitoring systems from Schaeffler on 56 wind turbines, Spanish renewable energy provider Geolica is making significant annual cost savings.
EVENTSin Manufacturing Operations
This alarm management course is designed to educate key site personnel on industry standards, best practices, business justification, safety implications, business issues and the Seven-Step Approach to Effective Alarm Management.
This online on-demand course covers the objectives, benefits and basic/advanced features of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
TRAININGin Manufacturing Operations
This 2-day course is designed to provide students with the tools necessary to perform SIL Validation studies compliant with the IEC 61511 standard. The practical course uses real life examples to demonstrate to students how to conceptually design multiple Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) to meet the specified safety integrity levels. Price: $1,850 CDN
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to instrumentation will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of wiring, signals, instrumentation technologies, applications and installations.
The TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineering Certification Workshop trains experienced safety engineers who wish to obtain a TÜV Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) certificate verifying their expertise. The workshop has been reviewed and accepted by TÜV Rheinland, and passing a final exam at the end of the five-day course will earn the certificate. Price: $4,300 CDN.