- OPC Foundation Updates from the General Assembly Meeting
- Big Data presents Organizational Challenges
- Wireless Solutions Keep Close Watch on Valves
- Proactive Defect Detection with Simulation Software
- You Don’t Have a Malware Problem
- Real-time analytics for industrial batch ¬processes
- VFDs Eliminate the Need for PLCs and External
- Impellers Influence Clogging & Efficiency
- The Cost of Pumping—Power Cost & Efficiency
- 4 Tips for Electrical Heat Tracing
- Protecting control systems using Gigabit cybersecurity
- Unrestricted Flow of I/O Data using EtherNet/IP
- ACM Facility Safety Announces Spring Process Safety Courses
- Water and Wastewater Industry needs smart pumps
- Emerson forms LifeCycle Engineering Services unit
- FDA recognizes ISA/IEC 62443 cyber security standard
- Falcon Electric Achieves UL 508 Listing for UPSes
- German cow flatulence causes cowshed explosion
- One missing, one injured in Chevron frack pad blast in southwestern Pennsylvania
- OSHA cites contractors after methane explosion at upstate New York water plant
- New York Section of ISA to hold six cybersecurity seminars in March
- ETAP to supply Power Management System to Asahi Kasei
- Global Power Transformers Market Growing
- Siemens India grants scholarships to engineering students
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
Featuring more than 1,300 items, the 292-page, full-color glossy catalog covers existing and new products in categories such as Specialty Tools, Video Inspection, Electrical and many more.
The mSC free web-based service gives OEMs, machine builders and system integrators a secure, easy and cost-effective way to access machines and systems anywhere in the world over the Internet.
The calculator, based on Microsoft Excel, allows users to quickly and simply generate an estimate of potential savings on a production line as a result of OEE improvements.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Bill Sholette and Craig McIntyre, Endress+Hauser
Many manufacturers provide SIL-rated level instruments, but end user testing procedures for maintaining SIL ratings over the life of the instruments vary significantly. The end user is ultimately responsible for ensuring that partial and full proof tests are conducted to maintain the SIL rating of level instruments, but selection of the right instrument can ease compliance. Here’s how to do it.
By Industrial Defender
E-book describes 20 critical controls for key considerations when being applied to industrial control systems, and explains how automated data collection helps measure effectiveness of the controls to ensure a sustainable security posture.
White paper outlines a strategic vision for manufacturers looking to maintain cost-effective, sustainable production capacity in the process industries. It defines a network architecture and plan for the efficient integration of a plant's network infrastructure into existing business applications.
CASE STUDIESview all
Since adopting KEPServerEX communications platform, the food production system integrator has been able to improve interoperability and reduce production facility downtime for its customers.
Energy Metrics uses EXELE TopView alarm management and notification software to monitor measurements from HVAC, temperature control, chilled water systems and electrical distribution systems.
Pumps & Systems
By T. Ravisundar, et al
Pump components in the storehouse may not be the same as the components currently operating in a particular process centrifugal pump. Here’s a case study from a nuclear power plant where parts had to be made up.
Municipal water systems across the country are enjoying the benefits of secure systems integration with Unidirectional Security gateways. Waterfall Security Solutions provides a spectrum of solutions centered on Unidirectional Security Gateways, all of which are stronger than firewalls. Join us to explore how Waterfall can provide essential tools to secure water/waste-water treatment systems.
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
Attend ODVA’s 2014 Industry Conference. Choose from over 25 sessions on technical innovations and strategic market initiatives. Learn from developers, end users, and OEMs. Collaborate in developer workshops. Network with over 100 of your peers.
This 1-day course is designed to deliver expert instruction on the technical content of a control systems hazards and operability study (CHAZOP) session and why they are performed. This includes understanding the principles behind each of the major methods (CHAZOP, What-if? and FMEA) and the fundamentals on CHAZOP methodology, noding, team composition and preparation for a CHAZOP session. The...
Over this 2-day workshop, participants will experience the safety lifecycle starting from the conceptual phase of a project right through to when it is operating. Beginning with a solid understanding of what risk looks like in a facility, students will experience a mock HAZOP exercise, SIL Determination (LOPA) workshop, a SIL Validation workshop and then look at ways of managing risk in real...
The TÜV Rheinland Process Hazards & Risk Analysis Workshop trains experienced safety engineers who wish to obtain a Functional Safety PH&RA (TÜV Rheinland) certificate verifying their expertise. The workshop has been reviewed and accepted by TÜV Rheinland, and passing a final exam at the end of the four-day course will earn the certificate. Price: $3,100 CDN