FEATURED ARTICLESin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
- Bolster security for your legacy OPC server
- Wellhead Operators Trim Operating Expenses with Automation Software
- OPC Foundation Updates from the General Assembly Meeting
- Non-Proprietary Controller-to-Controller Communications
- Schneider Electric's Integration of Invensys
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- OPC Foundation open standards
- Exclusive: Sabisu to release Shika High-speed Lightweight Historian
- OPC UA Adoption by Honeywell Process Solutions
- How Concurrent Software Licensing Can Benefit EMI Users
- Outlook on OPC Technology
- Oil & Gas Innovations Conference 2013
NEWSin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
- PLCopen and OPC Foundation define Function Blocks for IEC 61131-3
- Software Toolbox toolkit obtains OPC UA certification
- MTConnect and OPC connect
- Ocean Data Systems Joins OPC Foundation
- GE announces Controls Convergence Strategy
- ICONICS Achieves OPC UA Lab Certification for GENESIS64
- OPC updates OPC UA for Devices and Analyzers
- Kepware President and CEO to present at Fall Industrial Automation Events
- MatrikonOPC Announces Control System Security and OPC Workshop
- Software Toolbox changes Licensing for OPC Data Client
- ODVA forms special interest group for machinery information
- MDIS Selects OPC UA for MCS-DCS Protocol Standard
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
MEDIAin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
RESOURCESin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
Presentations from the inaugural OPC Technology Summit have been made available for download at its web site.
Site promotes OPCSystems.NET as the complete SCADA solution for Enterprise Business Applications.
This API will enable users of OPC Classic to leverage the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) technology, facilitating the transfer of data securely through firewalls.
WHITE PAPERSin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
By: Tony Paine, Kepware, and Russel Treat, EnerSys
A Distributed Communications Architecture removes the problems found in the Host-Centric Model. This architecture optimizes communications requests between client applications and field devices, minimizing bandwidth usage and cost.
By Liam Power and Darek Kominek, MatrikonOPC
Embedded OPC UA presents tremendous opportunities for device vendors to make their products stand out with native open data connectivity that is more secure, easier to integrate in multi-vendor environments, and opens door to new markets due to the widespread use of OPC.
By Tony Paine, Kepware
This white paper discusses the history, functionality, and significance of several OPC standards, from OPC Data Access (OPC DA), released in 1996, through today’s OPC UA and OPC.NET.
CASE STUDIESin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
By Chad Sullivan, 5 Star measurement, et al
Five Star Measurement of Weatherford, Texas uses Software Toolbox's Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) Suite to remotely monitor and manage more than 700 wellheads as an initial stage that may eventually expand to 6,000 sites.
Since adopting KEPServerEX communications platform, the food production system integrator has been able to improve interoperability and reduce production facility downtime for its customers.
Process Automation provider uses KEPServerEX to instantly gather, view, and access data associated with industrial machinery on iPads and iPhones, turning any plant floor into a data-rich environment.
EVENTSin OPC & OPC UA Interoperability
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
The agenda for this event is largely developed by customers, for customers with opportunities for knowledge sharing and networking. Join us as we discuss trends and new technologies impacting the automation industry.
From robotics and automation services, to micro sensors and nanotechnology, Industrial Automation North America showcases the most important products in the industry and is the North American hub for innovation and networking in industrial automation.