Kepware releases KEPServerEX Version 6 software
January 27, 2017- Kepware Technologies announced the release of KEPServerEX Version 6 software. A major release of the flagship industrial connectivity platform, Version 6 strengthens Kepware's core product offering for global corporations requiring increased operational scalability, security, and support.
Enhancements include a new method for remote configuration, additional languages that support critical industrial automation markets, and significant updates to the user interface and licensing experience.
KEPServerEX Version 6 features enhancements to the core server functionality and user experience that deliver an IoT-friendly industrial connectivity platform, including:
- The REST-based API enables off-site users to remotely apply programmatic changes to the configuration via third-party client applications. Now customers can configure multiple KEPServerEX instances from their enterprise software, enabling improved security and collaboration between Operations and IT.
- Core features and top-tier drivers have been localized to improve the accessibility, productivity, and safety of KEPServerEX for local customers in Japan and Germany as well as global multinationals.
- Native development of core OPC UA technology provides improved performance, enhanced diagnostics, and a solid foundation for continued OPC UA functionality enhancements.
- Updates to KEPServerEX, the License Utility, and My Kepware improve the user experience and simplify license management—providing customers with more streamlined tools to deploy, manage, and update their servers.
- An enhanced user interface streamlines project setup and deployment, enabling more effective and efficient interactions with KEPServerEX. The updates also promote a safe user experience.
- Now included as a complimentary core server component, the Security Policies advanced plug-in complements an industrial defense-in-depth strategy by enabling customers to assign security access permissions on individual objects based on user role.
KEPServerEX is an industrial connectivity platform that leverages OPC and IT-centric communication protocols to provide a single source of industrial automation data to enterprise applications. The platform offers a library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins—enabling connectivity to thousands of devices and other data sources.
@Kepware Technologies is a software development business of PTC Inc., headquartered in Portland, Maine. Kepware provides a portfolio of software solutions to help businesses connect diverse automation devices and software applications and enable the Industrial Internet of Things.
Endress + Hauser releases SupplyCare 3.0 for tank inventory management
Enhancements in SupplyCare 3.0 include hardware and software options allowing level, flow and pressure data to be displayed at a desk or handheld...
igus introduces dress packs for industrial robots
The standard assembled dress packs consist of triflex multi-axis cable carriers, chainflex continuous-flex cables, hoses, and other components that...
Abaco Systems announces SBC329 single board computer
The SBC329 is available in two variants, both pin-compatible with the SBC326 and SBC328. These provide mission ready systems customers with the...
Servo2Go introduces STAC6-Q-H motor drive
The drive is powered by single-phase 120 VAC which generates a nominal 160 volt DC internal bus voltage capable of driving NEMA 34 and 42 frame...
Reliable Controls releases RC-Archive 3.6
RC-Archive is an SQL-based data acquisition application used to create long-term trend logs archived from multiple buildings. RC-Archive maintains...
Peratech introduces Jack Wei as VP of Global Operations
Wei will focus on China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan, as Peratech moves to mass production in 2017, following recent design wins.
Automation Continues to Redefine What it Means to "Work"
By Rick Delgado, Freelance Automation Writer
The trend in computer advancement supports the oft-cited prediction that machines will continue to...
Robotics Industry Association announces winners of 2017 Engelberger Robotics Awards
The 2017 Engelberger Robotics Award will be presented to Dr. Gill Pratt, CEO of the Toyota Research Institute (TRI), and Dr. Daniela Rus, Professor...
Interview: The Benefits of One-Cable Automation
As manufacturing becomes more automated and connected across a wide range of industries, it is more essential than ever to streamline installations...
Advancing Vision + Imaging (AIA) announces 2017 Board of Directors
Four vision industry leaders have been re-elected to serve new two year terms on the Board of Directors of AIA – Advancing Vision + Imaging, the...