FEATURED ARTICLESin Plant & Asset Management
- Boiler Cleaning Methods & Techniques
- Drones Promise Faster, Easier Inspection of Boilers, Stacks, Towers, and More
- Project management is more than a disruption - it is real work
- The Future of Calibration is Integration
- Using workflow to achieve business integration
- Calibrating Wireless HART
- Are You Ready For Your Shutdown
- ATEX - How To Prevent Explosions & Control Their Effects
- A Powerful Impact - Managing Power Quality
- Improve Your Valve Population Performance by Implementing Valve Diagnostics
- Understanding Vibration-Induced Pipework Failure
- Gas Technology: Digital age management
NEWSin Plant & Asset Management
- Westfalia Technologies to Install AS/RS at Sazerac
- End of XP Support to Affect Thousands of Industrial Systems
- Mitsubishi adds MDT Software to e-F@ctory Alliance Program
- Automation Federation and Chevron sponsor Cybersecurity seminar
- Cybersecurity: Time for Action
- Mitsubishi Electric Opens Training Center in Massachusetts
- Supporting infrastructures to Enhance Building Automation Systems
- Metso to upgrade its quality control systems at paper mill in Austria
- Disconnect Between Workers and Factory Managers Costs Manufacturers Billions
- ISA and Beamex present web seminar on calibrating switches
- Metso to supply Steam Network Manager to pulp and paper mill in Finland
- Epicor to supply ERP to Expanded Metal
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Plant & Asset Management
MEDIAin Plant & Asset Management
RESOURCESin Plant & Asset Management
Transit Designer is a free, web-based tool that simplifies both product selection according to needs and requirements and the process of designing, purchasing and installing cable and pipe transits.
IoT Security Advisors will provide security services for organizations that must manage privacy and security challenges associated with the IoT.
The authentication technology cannot be detected by a general physical examination. Depending on customer preference, this covert capability offers four distinct layers of detection.
WHITE PAPERSin Plant & Asset Management
By Bill Sholette and Ricardo Chavez, Endress+Hauser
Leaking or overfilled tanks can cause environmental problems, contaminate drinking water and cost a company millions of dollars. Proper instrumentation, monitoring and control can prevent these problems. This white paper explains how.
By Bill Sholette and Craig McIntyre, Endress+Hauser
Many manufacturers provide SIL-rated level instruments, but end user testing procedures for maintaining SIL ratings over the life of the instruments vary significantly. The end user is ultimately responsible for ensuring that partial and full proof tests are conducted to maintain the SIL rating of level instruments, but selection of the right instrument can ease compliance. Here’s how to do it.
By David Marin, Noren Products
Electronics for automation, process controls, drives and PLCs have become more common in NEMA enclosures. The thermal management of these electronic enclosures has become very important in protecting expensive components, as well as the cost of cooling these enclosures.
CASE STUDIESin Plant & Asset Management
Maintenance On Line
By Akilu Yunusa-Kaltungo and Jyoti K Sinha, University of Manchester
This case study at AshakaCem demonstrates the use of simple analysis of vibration spectra to detect an ID fan unbalance. Visual inspection and cleaning of the fan impeller was then conducted, which immediately enhanced fan operation, and cement production rate, by approximately 11%.
By installing condition monitoring systems from Schaeffler on 56 wind turbines, Spanish renewable energy provider Geolica is making significant annual cost savings.
Goya Foods in New York connected their ID30 terminals, eight random sampling stations, and three checkweigher and PBA429 platforms to Mettler-Toledo’s FreeWeigh. Net statistical process and quality control software to cut overfilling costs.
EVENTSin Plant & Asset Management
This online on-demand course covers the objectives, benefits and basic/advanced features of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
TRAININGin Plant & Asset Management
This 2-day course is designed to provide students with the tools necessary to perform SIL Validation studies compliant with the IEC 61511 standard. The practical course uses real life examples to demonstrate to students how to conceptually design multiple Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) to meet the specified safety integrity levels. Price: $1,850 CDN
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to instrumentation will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of wiring, signals, instrumentation technologies, applications and installations.
The TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineering Certification Workshop trains experienced safety engineers who wish to obtain a TÜV Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) certificate verifying their expertise. The workshop has been reviewed and accepted by TÜV Rheinland, and passing a final exam at the end of the five-day course will earn the certificate. Price: $4,300 CDN.