FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Automation
- Industrial Internet Consortium: Another Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) Organization
- Valves & Actuators: The Path to Greater Efficiency & Performance
- What You Need to Know Before Replacing Your Control System
- Project management is more than a disruption - it is real work
- The Future of Calibration is Integration
- Automation Basics: An hour with Doctor Flowmeter
- Using workflow to achieve business integration
- Calibrating Wireless HART
- Internet of Things
- Are You Ready For Your Shutdown
- ATEX - How To Prevent Explosions & Control Their Effects
- Improve Your Valve Population Performance by Implementing Valve Diagnostics
NEWSin Process Automation
- End of XP Support to Affect Thousands of Industrial Systems
- AVEVA to supply Engineering & Design software to TOTAL Nigeria
- Emerson to replace aging turbine controls at Arkansas power plant
- MAC Solutions signs Intelligent Plant as integrator for oil & gas
- Automation Federation and Chevron sponsor Cybersecurity seminar
- Automation Engineers—the next generation
- Cybersecurity: Time for Action
- Creating Twenty-First Century Learning Systems
- Yokogawa supplies Gauge for Faustel Battery Electrode Coating Lines
- PR Electronics obtains EX approval for 5343 level transmitter
- Phoenix Contact mGuard obtains Class I, Division 2 approval
- Metso to upgrade its quality control systems at paper mill in Austria
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Automation
MEDIAin Process Automation
RESOURCESin Process Automation
Transit Designer is a free, web-based tool that simplifies both product selection according to needs and requirements and the process of designing, purchasing and installing cable and pipe transits.
FDI Cooperation, LLC’s Field Device Integration (FDI) specification and FDI developer toolkits are now available to beta test participants.
The web site showcases ISA’s products, services, resources and technical information.
WHITE PAPERSin Process Automation
By Dan Fenton, Phoenix Contact
Provides an overview on the differences between “soft” control systems and “real-time” control systems, including a brief description of control systems with an emphasis on PC-based control, the jargon surrounding these PC-based systems, “real time,” and examples demonstrating different use cases.
By Moore Industries
This paper explores some of the possibilities available to the SIS designer of an overpressure protection system for the logic solver and to show examples of straightforward system topologies and their associated safety integrity level (SIL) calculations.
By Bill Sholette and Ricardo Chavez, Endress+Hauser
Leaking or overfilled tanks can cause environmental problems, contaminate drinking water and cost a company millions of dollars. Proper instrumentation, monitoring and control can prevent these problems. This white paper explains how.
CASE STUDIESin Process Automation
The monitoring project, which ran for five months, was aimed at investigating unexplained causes of moisture damage, wood decay and fungal growth found behind cladding and sheathing in ground-floor walls throughout the unnamed complex.
Nuclear Engineering International
By Alf Ove Braseth
A new approach to human-machine interfaces has produced a radically different design of control room displays. The first of these has now been installed at the Halden research reactor in Norway.
By Jim Petrusich
Technology today now allows companies to analyze the data in real time without copying the data into yet another database. A project at Dow Chemical set up and cultivated a powerful real-time analytics system that produced impressive results.
EVENTSin Process Automation
This alarm management course is designed to educate key site personnel on industry standards, best practices, business justification, safety implications, business issues and the Seven-Step Approach to Effective Alarm Management.
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
This webinar will examine the purpose of calibrating switches and best methods for calibration. Several different types of switch testing, including example applications where pressure and temperature switches are used will be covered.
TRAININGin Process Automation
This 2-day course is designed to provide students with the tools necessary to perform SIL Validation studies compliant with the IEC 61511 standard. The practical course uses real life examples to demonstrate to students how to conceptually design multiple Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) to meet the specified safety integrity levels. Price: $1,850 CDN
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to instrumentation will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of wiring, signals, instrumentation technologies, applications and installations.
The TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineering Certification Workshop trains experienced safety engineers who wish to obtain a TÜV Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) certificate verifying their expertise. The workshop has been reviewed and accepted by TÜV Rheinland, and passing a final exam at the end of the five-day course will earn the certificate. Price: $4,300 CDN.