- Security Requirements for Embedded Devices – What is Really Needed?
- Programmed Safety Pays Off
- Industrial Wireless: Broken Signal Solutions
- Intrinsic Safety: Thinking Outside the Explosion-Proof Box
- Practical Steps to Secure Industrial Networks
- Systems Design: Overcoming The Cyber-Physical Challenge
- Application Profiles Simplify Industrial Networks
- Time to Upgrade Your HMI?
- Manage Reliability to Keep Your Assets Ticking
- Control Room Best Practices Push Comfort, Communication, Collaboration
- Tuning Tools Maintain Harmony in PID Loops
- Siemens Cyber Security Managed Services Strategy
- Barry-Wehmiller Design Group opens office in Ohio
- MAVERICK Technologies Joins MESA
- Lockheed Martin to Acquire Industrial Defender
- Emerson's valve controllers log 1 billion hours of reliable operation
- Dow Chemical Named 2013 HART Plant of the Year
- ISA Cybersecurity Conference 2014 covers cyber attacks
- Oil and Gas Processes Are Instrumental
- ACM Facility Safety Announces Spring Process Safety Courses
- ISA introduces Process Automation Boot Camp
- Water and Wastewater Industry needs smart pumps
- FDA recognizes ISA/IEC 62443 cyber security standard
- German cow flatulence causes cowshed explosion
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
The “Drag & Drop” Flat Cable Configurator allows a user to easily design a custom cable in just minutes.
Catalog covers signal conditioning, data acquisition, and data communication products, including descriptions, block diagrams, specifications, and ordering information.
The brochure highlights the actuator’s performance capabilities in process control applications, including power plants and oil and gas.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Bill Sholette and Craig McIntyre, Endress+Hauser
Many manufacturers provide SIL-rated level instruments, but end user testing procedures for maintaining SIL ratings over the life of the instruments vary significantly. The end user is ultimately responsible for ensuring that partial and full proof tests are conducted to maintain the SIL rating of level instruments, but selection of the right instrument can ease compliance. Here’s how to do it.
By Industrial Defender
E-book describes 20 critical controls for key considerations when being applied to industrial control systems, and explains how automated data collection helps measure effectiveness of the controls to ensure a sustainable security posture.
White paper outlines a strategic vision for manufacturers looking to maintain cost-effective, sustainable production capacity in the process industries. It defines a network architecture and plan for the efficient integration of a plant's network infrastructure into existing business applications.
CASE STUDIESview all
Rotork IQ electric valve actuators and a local control centre control three sluice gates at Canford School, protecting it from flooding by a river.
Safely drilling a well far below the ocean surface in extreme pressures demands strict safety procedures and rigorous design, construction and maintenance standards. Shell’s technical approach to the safety of wells is combined with extensive safety training of its well engineers.
Pumps & Systems
By T. Ravisundar, et al
Pump components in the storehouse may not be the same as the components currently operating in a particular process centrifugal pump. Here’s a case study from a nuclear power plant where parts had to be made up.
Attend ODVA’s 2014 Industry Conference. Choose from over 25 sessions on technical innovations and strategic market initiatives. Learn from developers, end users, and OEMs. Collaborate in developer workshops. Network with over 100 of your peers.
Main aim of the CODESYS Users’ Conference is to give CODESYS users an overview of the new product features and above all to provide them with practical solutions for their daily work with CODESYS.
ACP will be releasing ThinManager 7 and Relevance 1 on March 3, 2014. Because this amazing technology is "See it to Believe it," we are hitting the road and "Going Mobile" to show you how ThinManager and Relevance are paving the way for mobile devices to become a very relevant technology for the modern factory.
The Endress+Hauser advanced course is designed for those students having successfully completed the basic Flow School Course. It provides in-depth training on vortex, magnetic, ultrasonic, and Coriolis flow meters.
This 1-day course is designed to deliver expert instruction on the technical content of a control systems hazards and operability study (CHAZOP) session and why they are performed. This includes understanding the principles behind each of the major methods (CHAZOP, What-if? and FMEA) and the fundamentals on CHAZOP methodology, noding, team composition and preparation for a CHAZOP session. The...
Over this 2-day workshop, participants will experience the safety lifecycle starting from the conceptual phase of a project right through to when it is operating. Beginning with a solid understanding of what risk looks like in a facility, students will experience a mock HAZOP exercise, SIL Determination (LOPA) workshop, a SIL Validation workshop and then look at ways of managing risk in real...