- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Adaptive Process Control delivers built-in, bottom line benefits
- Understanding Temperature Controller Technology
- Use a PLC or Stand-Alone Temperature Control?
- Foxboro Evo System Features Multiprocessor Controller
- Taking advantage of newer process control system technologies
- Five Key Challenges In The Oil And Gas Industrial Control System
- New Approach for Shortening Schedules and Minimizing Risk on Automation Projects
- The Benefits of Gas Turbine Control Open Systems
- Improve your choice of process control algorithms
- Integrating Packaged Equipment
- Predicting downtime with intuitive software inspired by petrochemical process controls
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East
- Yokogawa to control Chevron Phillips Petrochemicals Project
- Honeywell to blend fuel to Reduce Bus Emissions in London
- Emerson to automate two coal-fired power plants in South Korea
- Metso to supply control systems to Turbine Services
- Emerson to modernize thermal power plant in Poland
- Industry is doing it tough
- Yokogawa to control Supercritical Thermal Power Plant in India
- Yokogawa Appoints Rene Aldana Head of Canadian Business
- Metso to automate biomass power plant in South Korea
- Honeywell to Modernize Refinery in Norway
- Industrial Expansion Drives DCS Market in India
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
ISA publishes a book that declares that another Chernobyl- or Fukushima-like catastrophe is inevitable unless nuclear power plants across the world adopt fully automated safety systems.
"Control System Migrations: A Practical Project Management Handbook," by Daniel Roessler, is a clear and practical application guide to effectively managing control system migrations.
ISA technical report ISA-TR106.00.01-2013 addresses good practices regarding procedure automation in process operations and strategies for incorporating automated procedures into industrial automation and basic process control systems (BPCS).
WHITE PAPERSview all
By West Control Solutions
This paper looks at how the development of technology has reacted to the changing demands of its customers, from proportional and PID control to PLC and math functions, as well as the growing options available for communications and monitoring.
By West Control Solutions
White Paper has eight tips for choosing a supplier, including product offerings, reliability, application knowledge, testing and compliance, technical support, customization, scalability and stability.
By Maverick Technologies
This first of two white papers walks you through DCS pre-planning step-by-step—from generating baselines to doing gap analysis—for a successful upgrade.
CASE STUDIESview all
The San Jacinto Tizate geothermal project in Nicaragua is using Foundation Fieldbus connected to pressure and temperature transmitters and control valves to move the actual control function from the control room to the field devices.
By Nancy Bartels
Potash Corp. in Canada uses a “champion concept” to reap the full benefits of its new control and asset management systems, not only in valve maintenance, but also in boiler control, DCS management, even in the mundane business of documentation and information access.
The Ripon Cogeneration Plant in Ripon, California, upgraded its existing proprietary Westinghouse WDPF BOP control system to a PlantPAx system without any scheduled outage of the facility.
Rotterdam, CO, Netherlands
The show consists of a three-day conference and exhibition and gives visitors the chance to meet industry leaders in automation, instrumentation, tank design, construction and maintenance, as well as innovations in metering & measuring, pumps & valves, loading equipment and inspection & certification services.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.