FEATURED ARTICLESin Valves & Pumps
- Integrating modern technologies in water treatment process control
- Welded vs bolted joints – raising the standards
- Valves & Actuators: The Path to Greater Efficiency & Performance
- Improve Your Valve Population Performance by Implementing Valve Diagnostics
- Understanding Vibration-Induced Pipework Failure
- Unlocking Efficiencies in Plant Processing Equipment
- Compressed Air Systems: The Secret is in the Pipe
- Advance In Corrosion Protection Supports Pipeline Applications
- Consider new steam system corrosion protection for refineries
- Reduce moisture intrusion in pipes, tanks and other equipment
- Continuous corrosion monitoring enhances operational decisions
- Compressed air safety on machines, and regulatory compliance
NEWSin Valves & Pumps
- Rotork acquires Young Tech
- Metso supplies positioners to Severn Glocon for NGL valves
- Metso to control Neste Oil's high-octane gasoline plant
- Metso to supply valves to Saudi Aramco
- Emerson's valve controllers log 1 billion hours of reliable operation
- Water and Wastewater Industry needs smart pumps
- Franklin Electric promotes Gregg Sengstack to CEO
- GE to supply Proficy SmartSignal software to Statoil
- Bestobell to supply valves for South Korean LNG tanker
- Pump Manufacturers Should Prepare for DOE Pump Efficiency Regulation Changes
- Metso to build a valve technology center in South Korea
- Metso to supply valves to Sadara Chemical in Saudi Arabia
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
RESOURCESin Valves & Pumps
Rick Roberts, Electric Power Research Institute
EPRI developed two guides for the maintenance of valves in CTCC plants:: Combustion Turbine Combined-Cycle Steam Valves Maintenance Guide and Combined-Cycle Combustion Turbine Steam Turbine Stop and Control Valve Maintenance Guide (1026587).
The brochure highlights the actuator’s performance capabilities in process control applications, including power plants and oil and gas.
The 13-page guide has helpful information about how to maximize the use of precision dispensing equipment for adhesives, sealants, oils, and coatings.
WHITE PAPERSin Valves & Pumps
By Hugh Davies, Optical Metrology Services
How high precision laser profile measurement tools and video inspection equipment are helping companies verify the quality of CRA-lined pipes by detecting the presence of wrinkles or buckling.
By Tom Neuberger and Steven B. Weston, Eaton
Because a VFD alters the frequency of an AC motor, speed, flow, and energy consumption are reduced in the system. The use of VFDs can bring further total system cost reductions, due to the elimination of components required for valve control.
Valve World, February 2012
By Julian Taylor, Rupture Pin Technology
The fundamentals of pressure relief applications are safety, efficiency, maintenance level, downtime duration, operating costs and environmental friendliness. Does the Rupture Pin alleviate the issues that go with such applications, or is the rupture disk a more sensible option?
CASE STUDIESin Valves & Pumps
IniTECH incorporated the Assured Automation stainless steel angle body valve into batching systems for the flavor, fragrance and beauty care industries.
Rotork IQ electric valve actuators and a local control centre control three sluice gates at Canford School, protecting it from flooding by a river.
Pumps & Systems
By T. Ravisundar, et al
Pump components in the storehouse may not be the same as the components currently operating in a particular process centrifugal pump. Here’s a case study from a nuclear power plant where parts had to be made up.
EVENTSin Valves & Pumps
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
The agenda for this event is largely developed by customers, for customers with opportunities for knowledge sharing and networking. Join us as we discuss trends and new technologies impacting the automation industry.
The Summit will provide engineering and operational professionals, automation and operations management and senior-level executives with end user learning opportunities covering the complete spectrum of automation--from process and discrete to motion control and drives.