FEATURED ARTICLESin Valves & Pumps
How Smart Instruments Enable Improved Pumping
By Nathan Hedrick, Endress+Hauser
Several instrument manufacturers offer various types of “smart instruments,” and their approaches vary. This...
Are You Paying Too Much Tax for your Gas Flaring?
By Lana Ginns, Fluenta
With tighter emission regulations, and increased taxation soon to follow, enhanced density monitoring (EDM) can become a...
Flowserve Collaborates with NI, HP and PTC to Enable Predictive Maintenance for Process Control
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
Efficient predictive maintenance has been a goal of the process industry for ages. This article discusses the efforts...
System Vibration Monitoring Is Essential to Predictive Maintenance
Pumps & Systems
By Mike Pemberton and William Livoti
In today's industrial landscape, remote monitoring of rotating assets is critical for...
NEWSin Valves & Pumps
- Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
- SICK to partner with AutoCoding Systems at Pack Expo to discuss food safety
- Honeywell and Flowserve announce collaboration on Honeywell's INspireT IIoT program
- Siemens to highlight IIoT applications at SPS IPC Drives 2016
- ISA and Beamex join to host flowmeter calibration webinar
- Nordson to introduce 3 new process solutions at The Assembly Show
- ValvTechnologies announces Herman Bernard as Director of Manufacturing
- ValvTechnologies, Inc. names Bryant Holt as Industry Director of Fossil Power
- ValvTechnologies names David Garcia Director of Manufacturing Operations
- Rotork to maintain VTTI Vasiliko oil terminal
- ISA100 certifies Flowserve's PMV D3 Wireless enabled valve positioner
- ValvTechnologies names Chad Bowers chief information officer
PRODUCT NEWSin Valves & Pumps
Lapp Group announces OLFLEX 409 P PUR control cable
ÖLFLEX 409 P is resistant to contact with many mineral oil-based lubricants, diluted acids, aqueous alkaline solutions and other chemical media.
PcVue Solutions introduces PCVue 11.2
PcVue 11.2 offers consolidation and integration to support convergence of SMART Buildings, Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Infrastructure,...
Assured Automation introduces ESD Series of emergency shutdown valves
Assured Automation's ESD thermal shutoff is resettable, making it simple to test a complete shutoff and reset, eliminating the need for stroke...
MEDIAin Valves & Pumps
RESOURCESin Valves & Pumps
The purpose of the Quick Start Guide is to familiarize the user with the configuration and implementation of the DTS Logging System.
This book deals with the past, present, and future of flow, sensors, and measurement. It is called The Tao of Measurement because, like the Tao...
By David W. Spitzer
The industry’s most authoritative handbook on flow measurement provides a road map to the field of flow measurement. This...
WHITE PAPERSin Valves & Pumps
Installing a direct mass device in the process control loop offers a number of advantages. It allows the operator to achieve a direct ratio of...
In principle, filling is a dosing process, only much faster. Product that has been produced in one batch, is now filled in multiple...
This White Paper discusses the challenges, options and solutions for process manufacturers when packaging products for consumers and/or...
CASE STUDIESin Valves & Pumps
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
FLOWCAL Enterprise and TESTit are used to track and manage ALNG’s gas delivery on their extensive pipeline network of over 500km from offshore...
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...
EVENTSin Valves & Pumps
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.