FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
How Smart Instruments Enable Improved Pumping
By Nathan Hedrick, Endress+Hauser
Several instrument manufacturers offer various types of “smart instruments,” and their approaches vary. This...
Are You Paying Too Much Tax for your Gas Flaring?
By Lana Ginns, Fluenta
With tighter emission regulations, and increased taxation soon to follow, enhanced density monitoring (EDM) can become a...
To Replace or Service Automation Systems: That is the Question
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
For cost and efficiency purposes, most vendors will try to minimize downtime with already existing...
Strict But Supple: Automation in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
By Robert Harrison, COPA-DATA
Biopharmaceuticals represent the fastest growing sector of the pharmaceutical industry, making up about 20 per cent...
NEWSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- Yokogawa to deliver control systems for Layyah Power and Desalinization Station in UAE
- ISA announces Call for Abstracts for 2017 Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium
- GEA and Siemens announces partnership in pharmaceutical and life sciences manufacturing
- igus announces introduction of online chat support
- Red Lion names Bruce Macpherson Vice President of EMEA and SAARC
- EPE chooses Nordson's ASYMTEK Spectrum S-920 to automate fluid dispensation
- Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
- Fluke products named finalists for Plant Engineering 2016 Product of the Year Awards
- ISA's 2016 Process Control Symposium draws over 300 attendees
- Honeywell and Sparks Dynamics announce collaboration on IIoT solutions
- Red Lion's industrial RTUs earn NEMA TS2 compliance rating
- ExxonMobil chooses Wood Group to automate polyethylene plant
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
ams launches AS 7262 and AS 7263 multispectral sensors
Key solution spaces include material and product authentication, product quality and integrity as well as material content analysis in the...
Spectrum releases 14 and 16 bit LXI-based digitizers
The high channel density makes the instruments suitable for applications where arrays of receivers, sensors, detectors, rectifiers, antennas and...
Lapp Group announces OLFLEX 409 P PUR control cable
ÖLFLEX 409 P is resistant to contact with many mineral oil-based lubricants, diluted acids, aqueous alkaline solutions and other chemical media.
MEDIAin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
RESOURCESin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
The Fluke Motor and Drive Troubleshooting Course delivers critical knowledge so maintenance professionals can gain the practical diagnostic skills...
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
The latest version expands plant operators’ ability to monitor and control safe production through direct object linking
WHITE PAPERSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
Many applications could benefit from the ability to adjust the speed of a process while operating. Reasons for this include positioning, checking...
By Anthony Borges, Pinpoint Information Systems
The power of an MES System or configurable process control system is now well beyond that of what...
Installing a direct mass device in the process control loop offers a number of advantages. It allows the operator to achieve a direct ratio of...
CASE STUDIESin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
The investment includes 38,000 intelligent heat meters and a fully automatic remote reading system from Kamstrup. This large project begins in...
FLOWCAL Enterprise and TESTit are used to track and manage ALNG’s gas delivery on their extensive pipeline network of over 500km from offshore...
P. J. Hare focuses its development work primarily on hydraulic presses for use in the automotive supply sector. Because customers require traceable...
EVENTSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.