- Flowmeter Accuracy Matters
- Advances in Pressure Measurement Technology Give End-Users More Options to Consider
- 25 Years of Progress in Process Analyzers' Efficiency
- Process Analysis Powered by Pervasive Sensors
- Minimising the installation effect of flowmeters
- Future-proofing with multigas monitors
- Using smart field devices to improve safety system performance
- Schneider Electric's Integration of Invensys
- How to Select the Ideal Pressure Sensor
- Pre-Integrated Sensors Cut Costs & Design Risk
- Advantages of a PC based HART communicator
- Creative Ways to Cut Costs in Hazardous Areas
- Oil and Gas Processes Are Instrumental
- ACM Facility Safety Announces Spring Process Safety Courses
- Endress+Hauser takes over Analytik Jena
- Flow-Cal to supply software to Crestwood Midstream Partners
- FCC Allows Unlicensed "Level Probing Radar" in Open Air
- ACM Facility Safety Offers Free Process Safety Workshop
- Cabinets protect instrumentation on world’s largest LNG vessel
- PMMI Mechatronics Certificates go to Purdue
- Exida certifies Woodward LESV-flow sensor
- Emerson upgrades controls at BP's Whiting refinery
- ISA to conduct four training events
- Yokogawa Develops Multi-protocol Wireless Adaptor
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
This 250-page reference describes theoretical and practical considerations involved in the measurement of low DC currents, high resistances, low DC voltages, and low resistances.
The blog provides comprehensive information about FOUNDATION fieldbus technology.
Topics covered include importing Process Hazards Analysis data, performing SIL Determination studies using Risk Graph and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) Loop Verification/Validation, Safety Requirements Specifications, and Reporting.
WHITE PAPERSview all
By Bill Sholette and Craig McIntyre, Endress+Hauser
Many manufacturers provide SIL-rated level instruments, but end user testing procedures for maintaining SIL ratings over the life of the instruments vary significantly. The end user is ultimately responsible for ensuring that partial and full proof tests are conducted to maintain the SIL rating of level instruments, but selection of the right instrument can ease compliance. Here’s how to do it.
By Michael Robinson, Endress+Hauser
More Ethernet nodes will be connected this or any other month than will have been connected in the entire history of fieldbus. This economy of scale and the tremendous technological advancements that go along with it is what makes EtherNet/IP more capable than a fieldbus network, now and especially in the future.
By Gerardo Vargas, Fluid Components International
White paper describes FCI’s ST100 thermal flow meter for rugged industrial process and plant applications, including service up to 850 ºF (454 ºC) and operation in hazardous areas.
CASE STUDIESview all
South African Instrumentation & Control
The largest dairy in Costa Rica lost yogurt down the drain every day after CIPs, because it couldn’t tell yogurt from water. Installing a OUSAF11 absorption sensor from Endress+Hauser solved the problem because it detects product transitions.
By Jim Montague
Ever-improving instruments and relaxed regulations are allowing workhorse technologies to excel in dynamic, sticky, multiphase and politically sensitive applications. Here are two examples.
What’s New in Process Technology
EPA requires periodic integrity tests on each brine disposal line at the SPR’s site for leak detection. The flow rate is measured simultaneously at a point onshore and at a second point that is miles out into the Gulf of Mexico near the dispersion nozzles. The meters are transported by barge offshore, inserted for testing purposes, then removed from the line and stored until the next tests are conducted. The onshore and offshore flows measured by the flow meters are compared to determine if the pipeline has a leak.
The show consists of a three-day conference and exhibition and gives visitors the chance to meet industry leaders in automation, instrumentation, tank design, construction and maintenance, as well as innovations in metering & measuring, pumps & valves, loading equipment and inspection & certification services.
The core display categories at HANNOVER MESSE 2014 are industrial automation and IT, energy and environmental technologies, industrial supply, production engineering and services and research and development.
This year’s CSIA conference provides systems integrator members with educational and networking opportunities to help your company put on an Inspiring Performance for your customers.
The Endress+Hauser introductory course to flow will provide maintenance and engineering personnel with a basic understanding of numerous flow technologies, plus in-depth training on magnetic and Coriolis flow meters.
The Endress+Hauser advanced course is designed for those students having successfully completed the basic Flow School Course. It provides in-depth training on vortex, magnetic, ultrasonic, and Coriolis flow meters.
This 1-day course is designed to deliver expert instruction on the technical content of a control systems hazards and operability study (CHAZOP) session and why they are performed. This includes understanding the principles behind each of the major methods (CHAZOP, What-if? and FMEA) and the fundamentals on CHAZOP methodology, noding, team composition and preparation for a CHAZOP session. The...