FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Safety
Talent Bridges the Gap Between IT and OT in the Industrial Internet of Things
By Dave Vasko, Rockwell Automation & IoT Talent Consortium
Only about 14 percent of companies have been able to fully connect their manufacturing...
Materials Handling Automation Innovations include Safety and Ergonomics
By Thomas R. Cutler, Manufacturing Media Consortium
The notions of safety and profitability are not mutually exclusive. This article discusses...
The Big Maintenance Dilemma: In-House vs. Outsourcing
By Bill Lydon, Automation.com
Determining whether to use in-house staff to perform maintenance or to outsource to a contractor is a source of...
2015 PAR Insights: Leveraging Supply Chain Solutions with Stage-By-Component
By Bill Lydon, Editor
Automated Guided Vehicles (AVG) served as an enabling technology for a pharmaceutical manufacturer to achieve Stage By...
NEWSin Process Safety
- Honeywell and Aereon to collaborate on IIoT solutions for oil and gas industry
- United Electric Controls' transmitter wins 2016 exida Safety Award
- ISA announces 2017 Call for Papers for ISA Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Symposium
- Honeywell and Dover Energy collaborate for asset integrity management
- MYNAH announces expanded training partnership with ProSys
- Spartan Controls and Univ. of Alberta partner for oil sands process control research
- TrendMiner appoints John Miller and Edwin van Dijk as Vice Presidents of Strategic Accounts, Marketing
- ISA's 2016 Process Control Symposium draws over 300 attendees
- ABB announces APW virtual conference for the oil, gas, and chemicals industry
- SICK's LaserGuardian Intrusion Detection System earns Benchmark Innovation Award
- ISA’s Standards & Practices Board presents annual awards
- Beckhoff opens new facility in Mason, Ohio
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Safety
Servomex launches SERVOTOUGH Laser 3 Plus laser analyzer range
The Combustion O2 version is optimized to measure oxygen in flue gas to control oxygen levels and optimize combustion efficiency
Micronor and Optocon AG join to announce FOTEMP1-OEM-MNT signal conditioner
Applications include monitoring temperature inside transformers and switchgear, MR imaging, semiconductor manufacturing, petrochemical plants, as...
Assured Automation introduces ESD Series of emergency shutdown valves
Assured Automation's ESD thermal shutoff is resettable, making it simple to test a complete shutoff and reset, eliminating the need for stroke...
MEDIAin Process Safety
RESOURCESin Process Safety
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
Training workshops will be delivered in collaboration with the company’s Solution Partners and Product Distributors, and they will emphasize...
By William L. Mostia, Jr., PE
This edition draws on the author’s long experience as an instrument and electrical engineer and his maintenance...
WHITE PAPERSin Process Safety
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
Pressure is mounting on the global oil and gas industry to reduce its environmental footprint while, at the same time, the industry is...
By RKNeal, Inc.
The purpose of this whitepaper is to present a novel cybersecurity framework for deploying and managing cyberthreat management...
CASE STUDIESin Process Safety
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
Six months after implementing Leading2Lean’s CloudDISPATCH system, however, Lakeview Farms experienced a 34 percent decrease in line downtime, a...
In the past year Cypress Ridge sought Exele's help to convert their hardwired TAPI-based telephone alarm notification system to use Voice-Over-IP...
EVENTSin Process Safety
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.