FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Safety
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...
The Rise of Cloud Computing in Industrial Process Automation
By Latha D.S. & K. Jayaprakash, Tata Consulting Engineers
This article provides a brief cloud technology overview and discusses how cloud...
Bill’s Top 10 Automation & Control Trends for 2017 – Convergence, Divergence, or Chaos?
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
2016 was an exciting year of innovation and exploration in industrial automation. All this cutting-edge...
Effective Leak Testing: Are you testing the part or the seal?
By Robert Plumridge, Sciemetric Instruments
Based on Scimetric's experience with customers in industries such as automotive, off-highway and...
NEWSin Process Safety
- HIMA announces framework agreement with Pepperl+Fuchs
- Honeywell and Seeq announce collaboration on Honeywell Connected Plant initiative
- Endress + Hauser installs $1M pressure test rig at Indiana facility
- OSIsoft and TrendMiner announce Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) agreement
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
- OSI selected by Alba to implement updated SCADA system
- Emerson to help EPH Lynemouth Power automate biomass-fueled power plant
- Honeywell and Aereon to collaborate on IIoT solutions for oil and gas industry
- United Electric Controls' transmitter wins 2016 exida Safety Award
- ISA announces 2017 Call for Papers for ISA Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Symposium
- Honeywell and Dover Energy collaborate for asset integrity management
- MYNAH announces expanded training partnership with ProSys
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Safety
Process Sensors introduces PSC-SR80NV non-contact 2-color ratio thermometer
The dual or single wavelength IR pyrometer PSC-80NV series is designed for use in for metals, heat treating, kilns, molten glass, composites,...
Moore Industries releases SFY functional safety frequency-to-DC transmitter
The SFY is designed and approved for use in a variety of processes and factory automation SIS including turbine flow meters, magnetic pickups, dry...
Indegy integrates of Industrial Cyber Security Platform with HPE Security ArcSight Enterprise...
This integration is designed to enable both IT and operational technology (OT) cyber security professionals to monitor control-plane activity and...
MEDIAin Process Safety
RESOURCESin Process Safety
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
Training workshops will be delivered in collaboration with the company’s Solution Partners and Product Distributors, and they will emphasize...
By William L. Mostia, Jr., PE
This edition draws on the author’s long experience as an instrument and electrical engineer and his maintenance...
WHITE PAPERSin Process Safety
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
Pressure is mounting on the global oil and gas industry to reduce its environmental footprint while, at the same time, the industry is...
By RKNeal, Inc.
The purpose of this whitepaper is to present a novel cybersecurity framework for deploying and managing cyberthreat management...
CASE STUDIESin Process Safety
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
Six months after implementing Leading2Lean’s CloudDISPATCH system, however, Lakeview Farms experienced a 34 percent decrease in line downtime, a...
In the past year Cypress Ridge sought Exele's help to convert their hardwired TAPI-based telephone alarm notification system to use Voice-Over-IP...
EVENTSin Process Safety
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.